ForumsQuestionsFirefox Addon: Right-clicking highlighted text

Firefox Addon: Right-clicking highlighted text
r.t.alaskaflyer

Posted: Nov 22, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
The instructions for using the Firefox Addon for FF3.0 on the website say:

"Contextual Menu

Right click (or control+click) your mouse to open the contextual menu. You will see an option to add a task. If you select some text on the page before opening the contextual menu, you will be able to add a task with the selected text as the title and if you right click on a link, you will be able to add that link to your to-do list."

However, when I attempt this the highlighted text is placed in the "Notes" section of the contextual menu instead of the "title" of the task. Is this something that can be tweaked in one of the existing scripts in my Firefox profile folder?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 23, 2008
We'll look into this. In the meantime, you can just copy and paste it back to the title.
saskia.x

The same thing is happening to me, but also, more seriously, tasks I've added via the right-click menu aren't making it to my to-do list at all! The drop-down lists for context, folder & goal are blank too. I'm definately logged in, since the sidebar is functioning properly.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The sidebar uses a separate login from the right-click menu login. And if the context/folder menus are blank, then you are certainly not properly signed in. To sign-in from the add-on, go to the Tools menu, then Toodledo, then Settings. You can type your info in here. If the context/folder menus are still blank try the "Refresh Lists" menu item under Tools>Toodledo.

Hope that helps.
saskia.x

Aha! That explains it. I assumed that they both used the same login. Strange, because I've used the right-click option before with no problem, perhaps my login info was reset because of the recent update to the add-on?
r.t.alaskaflyer

Posted by Toodledo:
We'll look into this. In the meantime, you can just copy and paste it back to the title.

Thanks! I think it would be an easy tweak to the Javascript, perhaps a choice in the Addon settings in the Firefox menu. Every step saved is more efficient...
saskia.x

Posted: Nov 24, 2008
Having re-entered my login details in the firefox addon, I can now see all of my own folders/contexts etc in the dropdowns, but tasks I add via the right-click menu still don't seem to be appearing in my task list. I've waited a few hours in case there was a delay, and have tried a few more times to create tasks via the context menu but to no avail! Any idea why this could be?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.