ForumsQuestionsFeature request:: site-wide context filter

Feature request:: site-wide context filter
mfcmfc

Posted: Feb 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Feature request: have a site-wide context or location filter that applies to every tab from an easy to switch drop-down menu.

Two common general classifications of todo items are work-related and non work-related. Another example might be that all the items are work related, but one set is for project A and another set is for project B.

When I am working, I only want to see work-related todo items as I click on the various tabs. I can set up contexts, locations, searches, filters, etc. However, it would be convenient if I could apply a global site-wide filter depending on whether I am working or not working. For example, when I am working, my starred item list would only show work-related started items. When I take a lunch break, I can switch contexts and to see all the starred non-work related items.

I work from a home office, so I can switch contexts at any time. Being able to quickly filter out non-work items while working on a billable project contributes to focus on and productivity.

Most people do this with E-mail accounts. I have an E-mail account for work, an account for mailing lists, an account I use when shopping, etc. Gmail has a feature where you can toggle through your various E-mail accounts by choosing the one you want to see from a drop down menu at the top.

An alternative approach to the context filter idea is to have multiple accounts with Toodledo. Currently multiple accounts are not linked together or easy to switch between, and with a pro account every account would cost money, unlike additional E-mail addresses which are free. So an alternative approach would be for one main account to have various sub accounts or linked accounts, like how Google Apps works.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
PeterW 

Posted by mfcmfc:
Feature request: have a site-wide context or location filter that applies to every tab from an easy to switch drop-down menu.

NirvanaHQ.com has this feature - it's named 'areas', as in areas of responsibility.

I use my tags for this purpose although it's not quite as elegant.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.