ForumsTips & TricksMMDESOFT Ultimate Todos

MMDESOFT Ultimate Todos
owl

Posted: Jan 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Just found this iPhone/iPod app in the app store of iTunes. It's free for a limited time.

And I'm quite impressed. I actually prefer this to the Toodledo app.

- The task detail view shows part of the note right after the title. (I really missed this feature in Toodledo)
- Tags and Context are easily accessed.
- Easy to edit task fields
- A very clean look (feels like a native iPhone app)
- Sync is manual (!)

This message was edited Jan 28, 2009.
Tim Martin

Just found it earlier as well.

Initial impression is that it is very nice. Much nicer looking than the Toodledo app.

Need to have a good play with it now but it looks very promising
Claudio

Nice looking application. A bit quirky, though (eg. there's a Delete icon next to each Task in lists that are accessed from the Dashboard, not when accessed from Tags and Contexts.)

No field for Folder.

Allows three features not supported by Toodledo: multiple contexts, link to Contact, and voice notes.

Uses exactly the same Status choices as in Toodledo.
Allows "Star".
No support for Subtasks, Goals, Due Time, or Length.

unisyn

Tried it out

Pros:
Quick - very smooth and responsive compared to the Toodledo App. Try scrolling thru a long list of todos.
Links to Context and Tags are provided by default in the lower hand side
Tags are selectable(!!!) - instead of having to type it out

Cons:
No due time
No folders
Hotlist criteria is unconfigurable

One thing that strikes me is the Tags interface. This makes the Tags field ALOT better compared to the Toodledo App...

And also, I like the GUI they use when selecting preset fields such as Dates, Tags, Context... etc. Compared to the Slot-machine-thing the Toodle APP uses, it's so much more functional and easier to pick from (That slot-machine drop down interface is sheer eye candy... it's a waste of time)

vegheadjones

There's much I like about Ultimate, but until there are folders and a customizable front screen (I don;t use priorities or context)I can't use it regularly...

And what is it with the slot machine? SO many apps use it, but I agree, it is really annoying.
Claudio

The idea of the slot machine is fine, especially on a touch screen where you use your finger rather than a stylus. But it's a clumsy way of choosing dates: the day of the week in missing (in the slots themselves), there's no way of going to Today or to a fixed number of days in the future, and it's easy to mistakenly schedule something in the wrong month or even in the wrong year (as I found out in December).

Any way, I agree with vegheadjones -- I won't be using Ultimate Todo until they incorporate folders and offer more choices for the main screen. Even then, it would still be missing Subtasks, Goals, Due Time, and Length.
vegheadjones

FYI I did find that in the setting screen (not in the app but in the general settings icon) you have some decision on what to put on the main screen.

I completely agree Claudio regarding how the slot machine does not work for dates. It also is cumbersome for long lists (like my folder list) I would say that Ultimate handles the folder list better, but of course it doesn't handle it at all. I do like how my long tag list is handled on Ultimate though.
Wayne

Posted: Feb 02, 2009
I've been playing with Ultimate and from what I can tell it used to sync tags to folders but that meant that there was no way to have multiple tags. Instead, folders are ignored and tags are expected to be used in their place. It took a little bit of investigating but that's how I think it works. I'm new to Toodledo as well so I'm trying to decide if I want tags to be used as my projects. If so, Ultimate may be a great way to interface with Toodledo from my iPhone.
Proximo

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
I think my goal with an iPhone app is to have something that links to my Toodledo, since it's the system I use at work and home. When I am away from my computer, I simply want an app. that will link into my Toodledo account.

This way there is only one system I maintain. I am sure the Toodledo team will come up with improvements in time with their iPhone app. I have not used it so I can't comment on it's current state.
paulthebert

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
I think Toodledo's iPhone app would be perfect if it looked similar to Ultimate... that app is more inviting, but less powerful. I don't know that icons are required, but they may add a fun element...
Anurag Bansal

Posted: Feb 10, 2009
I am really happy to have found this app in iTunes and thanks to you guys for keeping it free.
I would like to mention one article I wrote today, after the release of Google Sync, Toodledo becomes a life saver for us Todo fans.

This might look like a self promotion, but I just want to share some tips of using this fantastic utility.
Check out the blog post at:

http://bit.ly/Ef7m

Thanks for giving Toodledo and this Ultimate Todos for iPhone.
Cheers
pksiit

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
I tried to "Ultimate todo" app to sync my Toodledo tasks on iPhone. For some reason the due date on all my tasks gets changed in the app. It gets shifted a day early. Has this happened to anyone else too?
Can anyone suggest something to fix this?
Thanks in advance!
Anders

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
Posted by pksiit:
I tried to "Ultimate todo" app to sync my Toodledo tasks on iPhone. For some reason the due date on all my tasks gets changed in the app. It gets shifted a day early. Has this happened to anyone else too?
Can anyone suggest something to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

The syncing issues with Ultimate Todos are a result of the most recent daylight savings time change. I have been emailing with the developers at MMDESOFT, and they said an update which fixes the problem was submitted on the 17th. It can take a few weeks for updates to become available in the app store, but it should not be long. I am using the Toodledo app in the mean time, which is pretty good. Even though I don't like it quite as much as UT, I like the idea of supporting Toodledo, and it's only a few dollars.
pksiit

Posted: Mar 31, 2009
@anders_royce thanks for your reply.
I'll keep an eye out for the update to the app.
marisa_whitfield

Posted: Apr 05, 2009
There's no sign of this update yet, submitted 19 days ago! I would really like to use this app, but have found the date problem makes it unuseable - what a shame for the developer (and for us).
Anders

Posted: Apr 05, 2009
Yes, it has been quite a while now. I just emailed the developers again yesterday to find out what happened. I have seen a number of different iPhone apps get updated rejected recently for minor reasons, and I am wondering if that is what happened with UT. The update was more than just a bug fix, they were adding due times and projects. Maybe one of the new features had bugs.
tanakou

Posted: Apr 18, 2009
Ver. 1.4 still can't sync correctly with Toodledo for the due time. Has anybody else the same issue?
Anders

Posted: Apr 18, 2009
Posted by tanakou:
Ver. 1.4 still can't sync correctly with Toodledo for the due time. Has anybody else the same issue?

All my dates are correct since the update, and the times are correct as well. Did you try doing a "Copy all from Toodledo" on UT? That is what I did right after installing the update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.