ForumsTips & TricksGet more custom Sort/Filter options using "Phantom Views"

Get more custom Sort/Filter options using "Phantom Views"
JPR

Posted: May 05, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
As you probably are aware, each view in Toodledo (Main, Folder, Context, Search, etc) will remember it's own Show and Sort settings. If you use Keyboard Shortcuts, you may have stumbled on the fact that you can access Views for inactive Fields. For example, if you aren't using the Goal field, you can still access the Goal View by typing "g"... thus the "phantom view".

The nice feature here is that Toodledo will remember all the Sort/Filter settings for this "inactive" view. This can be really powerful for custom combinations of Tags and Contexts, subtasks states, etc... and they are accessible with a single key stroke. Just enable Keyboard Shortcuts, and type "?" to see what's available.

If there is something wrong with you and you don't use Keyboard shortcuts :) you can still access these views, by temporarily enabling the field, clicking on it's view, and then bookmarking the page in your browser.
Torysch

Posted: Jun 02, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
This is awesome! I love wierd techy things like that and this also seems really useful. :)
Salgud

Posted: Jun 04, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Sounds interesting, but neither my Mac at home or my PC at work have the "Phantom View" key! :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.