ForumsTips & TricksTip: Searching Completed Tasks

Tip: Searching Completed Tasks
JPR

Posted: Nov 13, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
To keep things clean, I always keep the "Recently Completed Tasks" filter off. For those times when I need to answer a "When did I do this?" type question I bookmarked the following link:

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php?view=1;completed=1

This will generate a webpage of your completed tasks in text/csv, including task notes. It's not pretty, but it's really fast. I then use the browser's built in "Find on Page" feature (Ctrl-F) to search. The completion date is easy to identify because it is the last item in each line.

Of course, this is only good for Pro accounts, since the free ones only keep a week of history.
Purveyor

I have a Saved Search for completed tasks. The CTRL-F feature works (although I rarely use it), and when I find the task, I can actually do something with it, e.g. copy, edit, clone, delete, or "un-complete". Viewing the completion date requires sorting by "Date Completed", which takes a few extra seconds, but it's worth it to have direct access to the tasks.
JPR

Yeah, I used to do that too. For me, 95% of the time all I need is a completed date, or maybe a piece of info from a note. In those cases, this method frankly blows the doors off a saved search. :)
Salgud

In my Saved Searches, I have "Done Today" and "Done This Week", because I use these frequently. I seldom search all of my Done tasks, so when I do, I just create an ad hoc filter.
Purveyor

Posted by JPR:
In those cases, this method frankly blows the doors off a saved search. :)
You must have some very flimsy doors ... ;)

Anyway, it's a nice tip. I prefer viewing the actual tasks.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.