ForumsTips & TricksHow are you using new notebook?

How are you using new notebook?
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Aug 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
In my opinion it was a great update. How are you guys using it?
I am prepraring drafts with that notebook so I can work on certain projects out side of MS word (just open toodledo and start writing, I love it)
J-Mac

Posted: Aug 07, 2008
Nice feature, but I have not started using it yet. Does anyone know if you can edit or delete notes in it?

I know that when 37 Signals implemented a "Journal" feature in Backpack, they made it permanent. In other words, when you make a journal entry there, you can never alter or delete it. They intended it to be a permanent, non-changing record, mostly for groups so they can know who did what. But a lot of users didn't know that and "tested" their Journals by typing something nonsensical in it - and now they are stuck with whatever they typed there!

Jim

This message was edited Aug 07, 2008.
Ann

Posted: Aug 08, 2008
Posted by J-Mac:
Does anyone know if you can edit or delete notes in it?

I have my first not already deleted, and the note that is still in the notebook had an 'added' and a 'modified' date, and there is a recycling bin next to it. So yes, notes can be edited and deleted.

@J-Mac: I use it to write drafts belonging to projects in my to-do list.
I prepare meetings, project notes, articles etc. the way Mark 'Do-It-Tomorrow' Forster describes: The first day, I only jott down some keywords. The next day, I start with that draft, and try to add some more ideas, or to elaborated on the ideas already mentioned and so on...
This Notebook seems to be a good spot to keep these drafts
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Aug 11, 2008
it was a very needed feature. I find myself using it more and more with each passing day.

Hope they will expand this feature
leencs

Posted: Aug 11, 2008
I would like to have access to the notebook from the iphone slim version. Then it would be very useful. In the meantime I have created a folder for "notes."
iPhone2Droid

Posted: Sep 12, 2008
(9:45p.m. Eastern/US/Friday the 12th) Appigo's "NoteBook" just appeared in the App Store (used my desktop, as it's not yet showing up in the iphone version of the store). $4.99. Interplay between Appigo's NoteBook and ToDo apps. One tap syncing. You can set it to autosync at start-up as well. Be sure to check the settings screens within the app -- great options (# of lines to preview, sort by alpha or modification date, make one or more notebooks invisible, easy to move notes between notebooks, and more).

Too too sweet!
sammyk0072003

Posted: Oct 02, 2008
Thanks for posting up about the "Notebook" app for the iphone. I just finished purchasing it. Good for Appigo for cashing in on Apple's lack of basic functionality with the iphone.
iPhone2Droid

Posted: Oct 03, 2008
Yeah, Apple claims it wants the iPhone to be seriously considered by business folks, but out-of-the-box, it's downright sad without any hint of tasks or syncable notes. Thank goodness for web apps like ToodleDo and 3rd party iPhone developers like Appigo!!

This message was edited Oct 03, 2008.
michael.emery

Posted: Oct 15, 2008
Score: -1 Reference
ToodleDo and Appigo Notebook are an awesome combination. My only complaint is having to share the same folders with the task functions on ToodleDo. It doesn't make sense.
slaldrich

Posted: Oct 15, 2008
I am using the ipod touch. For me, having notes available when I am not online could be of great value. If I purchase the itouch program for toodledo, will my notes be available offline (after a sync)?

Also, is there any way to make the notebook available on the Firefox sidebar? (or is there a configuration I am missing?)

btw... great program. I am in the process of changing over from RTM. I like this interface much better and some of the additional features (like notebook) are nice.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2008.
saskia.x

Posted: Oct 16, 2008
Posted by michael.emery:
My only complaint is having to share the same folders with the task functions on ToodleDo. It doesn't make sense.

I suppose it depends how you use the task folders and the notebook, but to me it makes perfect sense to have the same folder names for both. All the notes I make generally relate to some specific area of my life, which is what my folder names correspond to (kind of like the GTD "20,000ft" level, although I tend to think of them as "Uber Projects"). Although, tbh, I use Evernote as my main notebook program, so my Toodledo notebook is only used for a limited selection of things. However, even in Evernote I have tags that correspond to each of my Toodledo folders which I use for most notes, since my notes don't exist in a vacuum separate from the rest of my life.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.