ForumsTips & TricksNew version of Todo supports Contexts and Tags

New version of Todo supports Contexts and Tags
Claudio

Posted: Nov 09, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Well, it's been more than 24 hours since the newest version of Appigo's Todo application has been available at the iTunes App Store.

Version 1.4 has support for Toodledo Contexts, Tags, and Due Times.
Also, it has a new customizable Focus List which is similar to the Toodledo Hot list.

The implementation of Contexts and Tags is very nice.
Also, the software remembers where you are when you exit.

I've been using it since yesterday morning. A bit surprised that nobody else has mentioned it yet.
croddenver

Posted: Nov 10, 2008
I have a basic question. What is the difference between a Tag and Context? And how what are some ideas/suggestions on how to use the Tag field. I use APPIGO'S TODO and would like to understand if Tag is a useful feature to start using.
sventhebrit

Posted: Nov 11, 2008
Croddenver,

I use contexts denote where I will be,etc when I perform the task.

I currently use : Office, Home, Phone, Errands, Computer, Agenda. Most of them are self explanatory - I use "Agenda" to show when I want to speak to someone or a point for a future meeting. It is in this instance where I also use the Tag option as well.

For Example, I may have a task called
"When I next speak to Kate, confirm the details about the meal with the team next week.
I would have a Context of "Agenda" and a Tag of "Kate".

I also use Tags with other contexts too. My work also involves working with European Countries. I may have a project called "Country Reviews" and then I use the Tag to denote which country the "next action" applies to as a reminder.

Thanks
Steve
Claudio

Posted: Nov 11, 2008
In Toodledo, there are at least three differences between Contexts and Tags:

1. Any view can be filtered by Context, but not by Tag.
2. A task can have multiple Tags but only one Context.
3. Contexts (and Folders) are displayed in Statistics.

I use four Contexts: Work, Home, Errands, Someday.
I use Tags to indicate the type of task (eg. Call, Meet, Review, Update, Maintain), and to indicate the person(s) associated with the task.

Here's a simplistic example:

Let's say I have regular business meetings with John. Any tasks that I create that are relevant to this meeting will have the Context as Work, and two Tags: Meet and John.
The meeting will show up in views that show Work tasks. When I meet with John, I can easily filter my Task list to bring up those specific tasks that are relevant.

But perhaps only Date Due is relevant, and the Tags are useless. Or, Folders and Priorities are the best of filtering. Or, I need even more Tags to isolate a specific task.

In any case, Toodledo gives you multiple ways of categorizing and filtering your tasks.

Hope that helps.

ETA: In Appigo's Todo, I can pick from a list of Tags when creating a task. Also, when filtering a list, I can pick several Tags.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.