ForumsTime ManagementOnline Calendar

Online Calendar
Tamar E.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm not 100% satisfied with Google Calendar. What online calendar do any of you use and recommend? I need it to sync between my iPod Touch and the PC. Thanks!
Purveyor

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
What specifically do you not like about Google Calendar? What is missing?

I am currently using Google Calendar and I'm quite happy with it, but I've checked out Zoho:
http://www.zoho.com/calendar/features.html

It syncs with Outlook and can be accessed directly in the iPod/iPhone Calendar.
Bliss149

Posted: Jan 08, 2011
I'm not that happy with the Google calendar either.

What I Don't like is that it doesn't integrate with contacts.

So if you put something on the calendar that others are sharing you must type the address in again even though you've already put it in your contacts list!

And I haven't tried Toodledo with the calendar but RTM didn't work that great with it.
M_ichel

Posted: Jan 09, 2011
Hi Tamar.

I use iCal (I'm on Macintosh). It syncs well between my iMac, iPod and iPad. And it is well integrated with the AddressBook application.

However, it doesn't support tasks (as opposed to events) on iPod nor iPad. So, for a few years, I've been using Appigo's ToDo which synced reasonably well with iCal.

However (again!), since a few months ago, ToDo no longer syncs reliably its tasks with the tasks in iCal (using Appigo's Appigo Sync application).

After extensive testing, I have now adopted Toodledo because the iPod and iPad versions integrate very well with their Web version. Synchronisation appears to be absolutely reliable and *very responsive*.

If Toodledo was to offer a calendar app, I would certainly take a very serious look at it.

Cheers.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
I use Google Calendar and like it pretty much, for the most part. I agree, it would be nice if it synced with an Address Book, but I don't trust the cloud enough to put all my friends names, addresses and phone numbers there. So how could it sync with my Address Book and still have that info safe? I haven't found a really good solution for that yet, would be nice if someone figured that out.

There is a full-featured calendar for Windows/Android called Pimlical (at pimlicosoftware.com), but, alas, it doesn't sync with any address book and is still not available for OSX, though they've been promising that for well over a year, maybe two. It does sync with Google Calendar now, which then syncs with most everything. I wish they'd release the OSX verion, iCal sucks! (Slightly less features than a wall calendar).
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
Posted by tamar.england:
I'm not 100% satisfied with Google Calendar. What online calendar do any of you use and recommend? I need it to sync between my iPod Touch and the PC. Thanks!

Have you looked at MobileMe from Apple? It provides you with any number of calendars in the cloud which sync with the iPhone and with PC's and Macs. There is a yearly subscription though so it's not free. But it's reliable.
mazirrakhan45

Posted: Feb 26, 2011
Score: -5 Reference
HI

4 Simple Online Time Management

1.Calendar:A calendar is one of the cornerstones of any time, management program, of course, but it’s best to have one that’s simple and easy to use. You don’t want to have to wait to enter an appointment or to see what you have on tap.
2.To-do list
3.Project management
4.Contact management

This message was edited May 10, 2011.
Juan_Garcia

Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Posted by mfluka:
After extensive testing, I have now adopted Toodledo because the iPod and iPad versions integrate very well with their Web version. Synchronisation appears to be absolutely reliable and *very responsive*.

I switched my personal calendar system to Toodledo from GCal for similar reasons.

Since I keep using GCal for everything involving collaboration (everything except my personal agenda), the feature in https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_ical.php is useful to at least "view" the TD calendar in GCal.

There are some compromises, nevertheless.

Having items in TD strictly identifiable as "calendar items" needs some discipline.

In my case, calendar items are the only ones in which I use the time/date fields, and I always use THE four fields: startdate, duedate, starttime, duetime. I know that they are not intended to be used that way, but most calendar systems "understand" TD events with this workaround. Awkward and unfriendly, but I need it and it is worth sticking with TD.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.