ForumsGetting Things Done®Iphone toodledo app and contexts

Iphone toodledo app and contexts
Karuna

Posted: Sep 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all. I am working on setting up GTD system using toodledo, and have been reading a lot in the forums about it. I take notes on some of them.

Seems like using "contexts" will be an important part of my system. But on the iphone toodledo app I don't think contexts are an option.

I used to use Pocket Informant, and that had contexts in it, but I stopped using it recently because I would have sync problems with it.
Anders

Posted: Sep 12, 2009
All the Toodledo fields are available in the iPhone app, including contexts. Go to the app's settings, then "Fields & Defaults". Then tap "Reorder" and move "context" (and any other fields you want to use) up from "Unused Fields" to "Fields Used". You can also set default values for fields on that screen. Also, whatever is at the top of the field list will be used to determine secondary or tertiary sorting in your task lists (depending on which sort you use).
Karuna

Posted: Sep 13, 2009
Fantastic, thanks Anders.

Question about this:

Posted by Anders:
Also, whatever is at the top of the field list will be used to determine secondary or tertiary sorting in your task lists (depending on which sort you use).[/quote]

If those are used to determine secondary or teriary sorting, then what is used to determine primary sorting?
Thx, Carol
Anders

Posted: Sep 13, 2009
In your task list, there will be a button in the bottom lefthand corner that says "Sorted by X". The default when you install the app is Importance I believe. If you tap that button, you can select from about 20 different sort methods, including some combined sorts like Due Date then Priority, etc.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.