IceHeartX

Posted: Nov 13, 2009
Score: 0

does anyone try to use active in GTD?

I'm wondering where it fits?
Proximo

Posted: Nov 13, 2009

I don't use it at all. In fact, I don't use any of the Status options.

I simplified Toodledo for GTD and tried to mimic GTD specific Apps/Web Apps.

When I first started to use Toodledo. I did use the Status column and did not use "Active". I know some people do. Depends on what makes sense to you.
DaveShep

Posted: Nov 15, 2009

Yes I'm using it with project tasks (ones that have subtasks). I mark these projects as Active, Someday, Delegated.

For tasks I use Next Action, Waiting, Hold.
James T

Posted: Dec 10, 2009

Like Dave - I use Active for Projects. I don't use it for tasks. Then you can divide your projects into active and Hold or Someday, etc.
manuelhe

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

I use active if it is part of a project but not the next action.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Dec 16, 2009

I did the same as manuelhe, but I found that almost every task was active. So now I only using "waiting". I star items to move them into my "next actions".
dwb

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

I use "Active" as more of a "Current Action" or "In Progress" status. I actually make use of almost all of the statuses, except for "Reference" (which goes into Evernote or Toodledo notes) or "Canceled"

This message was edited Jan 14, 2010.
mike

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

I'm also using "Active" for search purposes. Projects that are open have an Active status. But like others have stated, I'm also trying to keep from making it too complicated, so I only use the "Active" and "Next Action" status fields.
mahmoodadeel

Posted: Jan 17, 2010

I use Active with any task in a project/folder that is not Next Action, waiting for or someday. So basically i enlist all the task in a project as active and pick the first one as next action task.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Getting Things Done®

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014