ForumsGetting Things Done®Appigo Todo now better for GTD

Appigo Todo now better for GTD
Alex

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Terry:
Posted by patrick.adamek:
Hello Everybody,

i just started using Toodledo on the basis of the Proximo setup.

@Proximo: Thanks for sharing your setup. It is really great.

I am using this as a basis. I don´t use the star function. Instead my Next Actions folder holds all my Next Actions. This includes the project related Next Actions. I realize this by assigning the subtask another folder (the Next Actions Folder) than the parent task (it is assigned to the projects folder). I know by using this "method" i have to change the flattened and indented filter for subtasks to show up in my Next Actions folder. But this is ok for me because i only have to use the indented view during the weekly review. So i don´t have to switch often.

I am writing this here because there is an issue when using ToDo with this concept. It seems that ToDo does not support that subtasks reside in another folder than the parent task. if i sync with Toodledo the ToDo App changes the folder of the subtask back to the folder of the parent. the result is that the "project next actions" disappear from my next actions lists. this is a killer for me. i also think ToDo has a nicer interface but ill use the Toodledo app because is saves the integrity of my data.

Has anyone of you also realized this? Thanks four your reply and best regards
Patrick

I've just noticed this too so thanks for the tip off Patrick. My scenario is I want to move a sub task of a project to my 'Waiting For' folder, but when I sync it just goes back to being in the 'Project' folder. I too am using Todo.

Can anyone think of a workaround otherwise this a big restriction because there will often be reasons to want to have a sub task associated with a different folder?

I have been having this problem too, it seems that ToDo changes the context of a subtask to match the context of the parent task when sync'd.

As a result im having to change the context of the parent task to Waiting For if any of the subtasks are Waiting For.

:(
rchernoff

Posted: Apr 09, 2010
I'm new to all of this and I've been researching what iPhone app to use, and most of the reviews I've found are for older versions of the different apps, so it is hard to compare them in their current state. Appigo's ToDo seems to be what people are recommending based on latest version, so I am leaning towards going to that. (I'm considering ToDo, Toodledo, eTodo, 2Do, and probably more that I'm not thinking of right now. I don't have a mac, so mac desktop apps aren't helpful to me in syncing, I'll just be using my iphone, webapp, and I'd like to investigate integrating with gCal). I have just a couple questions about ToDo that I was hoping someone could help me with. It seems that a lot of people download/pay for multiple apps and I'm not sure I see the value in that just to decide which one I'll use.

From what I can tell, ToDo must be opened to update the badge whereas Toodledo will automatically update it. Do you find this to be a problem for you?

I've looked at Proximo's GTD setup and wanted to make sure that works well with ToDo as far as syncing. It does from what I can tell, but I just wanted to confirm.

Does using ToDo muddle up the view on the webapp?

With all these choices out there and none appearing to be perfect, I have no idea what to do!

Thanks!
PeterW 

Posted: Apr 09, 2010
Posted by rchernoff:
From what I can tell, ToDo must be opened to update the badge whereas Toodledo will automatically update it. Do you find this to be a problem for you?

Yes, that's correct but I don't find it a problem. I just open it and sync when it's convenient. Note that the badge count in Toodledo doesn't mean that the tasks are actually on the device so you'd have to sync anyway.

Posted by rchernoff:
I've looked at Proximo's GTD setup and wanted to make sure that works well with ToDo as far as syncing. It does from what I can tell, but I just wanted to confirm.

Works well for me. The only issue for me is that Inbox on Todo = No Folder on Toodledo but that's just a name so no big deal.

Posted by rchernoff:
Does using ToDo muddle up the view on the webapp?

Not at all - the sync works perfectly so nothing is altered. In fact if you change folder names or context on either end, the other is updated perfectly.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.