ForumsGeneral Off Topic Chit-ChatTooDo and Android

TooDo and Android
Qrystal

Posted: Dec 02, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Yeah, so far I'm just using a bookmark to the slim site. Wondering how easy it would be to make a widget though... something that could display my list on one of my home pages...

If it's not done by the time I'm done my thesis and have some time on my hands, I might just have to give it a shot. I'd love to get back into programming stuff for my own enjoyment! :)
oprativ

Posted: Dec 07, 2009
Hey all,

Just got an Android Sprint HTC Hero - the HTC Calendar widget has a task option that's *supposed* to sync with Toodledo but doesn't work.

The phone's HTC calendar widget syncs fine with my Google calendar, and I've got Toodledo integrated into Google calendar, but the Toodledo option on the phone is DOA.

Called HTC support but poor Liz was clueless, recommended I use Toodo.

I've tried everything I can on this phone but the task functionality for the Calendar app just doesn't seem to work.

I've also got Toodle Droid which is having some problems syncing tasks added using the Toodledo web interface.

@oprativ
Twitter
laurie.boutte

Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Maybe someone can help me. I have searched the andriod market for TooDo and have had no luck. Is there some secret to finding it?

I have a Sprint HTC Hero. Thanks!
Hourback

Posted: Jan 05, 2010
I've been using Toodle Droid on MyTouch along with the mobile site and haven't had any problems yet. I'm not a heavy user though.

I've been using Toodle Droid for everything it can do and the mobile site for everything else.
alain.tuor

Posted: Jan 30, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Tooodle Droid is OK, though I'm still missing the app from Toodledo (I've used it on my iPod, and it was great)
dagnarus75

Posted: Feb 20, 2010
Posted by laurie.boutte:
Maybe someone can help me. I have searched the andriod market for TooDo and have had no luck. Is there some secret to finding it?

I have a Sprint HTC Hero. Thanks!

I can't find it either... so I don't think it's just you. I wonder if it got pulled for some reason.
adamhouston

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
I am using Got To Do on my Droid to sync with Toodledo. Seems to work pretty well. There is a free lite version and a pro version that gives you sub-tasks and no advertising banners:

http://www.gottodoapp.com/
buesingde

Posted: May 27, 2010
+1 for "Got to do" - really great app, just purchased the pro version ;-)
support

Posted: Jun 21, 2010
We're evaluating Got To Do for our GTD software comparison chart at: http://www.priacta.com/Articles/Comparison_of_GTD_Software.php. Looks like Got To Do doesn't support Tags yet. Anyone know if/when Tag support is coming?
brandonheath

Posted: Jun 28, 2010
I have an HTC Evo 4 reserved that I will be buying tomorrow morning, it has taken me 3 weeks to get one on waiting lists. Android is clearly a competitor now. I am switching from iPhone for sooooo many reasons, but I am also a ToodleDo user and there is no Android app :(

I read there are now 70,000 Android apps and 200,000 iPhone apps so Android is clearly growing much more quickly than iPhone since there were only 15,000 Android apps a few months ago.

Please please! An Android ToodleDo app with contexts and folders, reminders and due date/times is all! That's why you guys are the best GTD app. (Getting Things Done, famous task management system).

That's my 2 cents, thanks :)

Best Regards,
Brandon
tsinvest

Posted: Jul 13, 2010
Why not just use the web based Toodledo (slim) on your Android. You don't need an app...just go right to the internet and use the native internet version of Toodledo...am I missing something here? I don't have an Android unit yet but I am thinking about getting a droid X
toodledo-kepeli

Posted: Jul 19, 2010
wright.dave

Posted: Aug 05, 2010
Has any gotten TooDo to run on a Motorola Droid with 2.1 os?? I have tried several times and all I get is a Fore Close error...
ArZka

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
I've got an Android phone (Sony X10 Mini Pro), iPod Touch, iPad and ofc a few Macs and PCs. I'm looking for a system to use on all of those. I was almost already settled on Toodledo until I found this thread - and found out there isn't a working application for my phone. Online versions are no go, my phone battery dies fast enough as it is.

I guess I'll just keep looking if there's no support. For my being able to use it on my phone is more important than being able to use it on iPod/iPad - I don't always drag those with me (although most of the time I do), but being able to save my tasks immediately is the most critical thing - that's why I need a solution that works for me, not against me.
corbin

Posted: Sep 04, 2010
@ArZka this thread was started two years ago about a product called TooDo that is no longer being supported. Take a look at Got To Do in the Market. It should work great on your phone!

http://gottodoapp.wordpress.com/
Jtestolin

Posted: Sep 19, 2010
Got To Do is the best available, but with a few shortcomings. A 'confirm delete' should be manditory. I don't know how many times I've accidentally checked something off the list while looking away from the phone then back to it.

I'd also like to see better tag management. When adding an item the tag field is an open text box. It should present a list of already created tags so I can select the appropriate one (or create a new one). And on the same issue, allow filtering by tags. This would be VERY helpful.
Jtestolin

Posted: Sep 19, 2010
Posted by tsinvest:
Why not just use the web based Toodledo (slim) on your Android. You don't need an app...just go right to the internet and use the native internet version of Toodledo...am I missing something here? I don't have an Android unit yet but I am thinking about getting a droid X

The only drawback is for offline management. Find yourself with no signal (like at the back of the grocery store). The apps create a better front end for managing tasks on the go as well.
teresap989 Post deleted
vginer

Posted: Dec 21, 2010
So, is Got To Do the best Android app for managing Toodledo tasks lists, at the moment??
Dalker

Posted: Dec 21, 2010
Posted by vginer:
So, is Got To Do the best Android app for managing Toodledo tasks lists, at the moment??

I've tried many variants lately and settled for Ultimate To-Do List (discussed here: http://groups.google.com/group/ultimate-to-do-list), which is one of the best android apps out there that syncs with Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.