ForumsDevelopersauthentication key has expired or is invalid

authentication key has expired or is invalid
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Aug 03, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Since a couple of days, some users are facing this error :
The authentication key that you provided has expired or is invalid

Thousands of other users are using my software and none of them have faced this issue.

Could this message be sent by error ?

Thanks,

Ben
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not had other reports of it being sent in error. When you application gets this error, do you generate a new key and retry?
Benjamin Leclerc

Yes, and then, with the new key, I immediately receive the same error.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Are you using API 1 or 2? Does it happen 100% of the time for certain users, or is it intermittent?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Aug 04, 2012
Api 2.0

It is intermittent, it works for a few days then the errors happens during 1 or 2 days, then it works again. And only 2 or 3 users are facing this out of thousands other users.

The key is generated based on user Id, password, app token, the only thing which is not generated by the API, is the user password, maybe some specials chars in the password could cause a problem ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 05, 2012
If it was special chars in the password, then it would never work for certain people. I am not really sure what it could be on our side, but if other developers start reporting this problem we might get some additional information that will help us find the problem. If you get any more clues, please let us know.
yeye_1977

Posted: Aug 10, 2012
I saw more or less the same problem. At the end I figured out that the user had changed his password on the toodledo website but my app didn't handle this case correctly. Even if the user changed the password in my app, the sync function was keeping retrying with the old password until the app was closed. Even if the user closed the app and re-opened it the sync would not function because of the "too many token" error. After 4 hours everything worked again.

maybe this help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.