ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsBest third-party app?

Best third-party app?
marius.eggerud

Posted: Apr 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
What is the best third-party app for Android? And the one that support Toodledo best. I want to test the app before I choose if I`ll stay with RTM or migrate to Toodledo.

(I can`t understand why Toodledo does not make a native app for Android. Strange!)
clango

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
I used for a long time got to do. Now i use ultimate to do. It sync and work well with toodledo.
bradym7

Posted: May 27, 2011
Check out the android app Due Today.
smatics

Posted: Jun 09, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Ultimate To-Do (tablet edition) is my most-used app on my rooted Nook color. Syncing is rock solid.
dannyw0011

Posted: Jun 09, 2011
I personally use Ultimate To Do List, and as was stated by smatics, it is rock solid. I've never had a problem with the syncing. And it has a very active forum with quick timely answers to any questions or problems. It does get criticized for its GUI, much like Toodledo, but I would rather have functionality than a slick interface.

I have also been keeping my eye on Due Today. It has come a long way in a short time, and Chris over at Lakeridge has personal customer support second to none. If anything gets me to change from Ultimate To Do List in the future, it would probalby be Due Today at some point in its future development.

One other app to watch is Pocket Informant. It was a great app on Windows Mobile, and has an Android app, but the company seems to set priority on its iPhone app these days. Its Android forums at one point indicated problems with syncing. However, once it devotes enough development time to its Android app, it could be a powerful alternative. On Windows Mobile, it had not only tasks and notes, but calendar and contacts as well.
idxman01

Posted: Jun 14, 2011
I would try out the trial/lite versions of Due Today and Ultimate To Do to see what works. Personally I prefer Due Today and have purchased it in lieu of Ultimate. Though ultimate easily has the most configurable options.
ottar

Posted: Jul 18, 2011
I tried ToDo Today for Toodledo, but it was too simple. Impossible to add a start date, and all information on new tasks must be entered in the task name with prefixes.

But Due Today looks very promising. It is very easy to add tasks and select start dates due dates, context etc.
liaoqianghua

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Ultimate To Do is good and very functional. It fits to Orgnize.

But Due Today the best one in Android I am using to Collect and Review then Do.
chipwreck

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Just posted this (regarding Android apps):

DGT GDT is (besides the cryptic name) IMHO very good: free, for an alpha application very stable, has a clean and good UI, widgets included.

Needed are two parts, the app and the toodledo component:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.android.lite
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.toodledo.demo
Dave

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
I have used all of the Android apps and the two best for me are Ultimate todo and Due Today. I have tried to like Ultimate since it has more features, but I like Due Today more since I feel the interface is better and simpler to use. Try both
AzDayton

Posted: Aug 02, 2011
I've only tried five or six, and paid for most of them to get the fullest possible experience.

To date, the best I've found is DGT GDT. The fact that you have to load another part to sync is a bit of a pain, but I expect that'll go away when it goes into Beta. Right now it's still in ALPHA, but even so, it's the best I've found.

- Dayton - Tue. 08/02/2011 @ 08:24:38
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.