ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsStill no native android app?

Still no native android app?
Brian

Posted: Jul 24, 2011
Score: 5 Reference
I am wondering if I am the only person thinking why I am still here..

I can plainly see there is no plans to support Android with your own app, and that you are hoping that other people will do it..

There are dozens of people that have made Apple apps BUT so did Toodledo.

I am trying Action Complete and possibly RTM..

I already have the Ultimate ToDo and find it frustrating that there is no 'Share' support.. maybe that developer will add that some day as well..

I guess I am just frustrated with all the 'apple attention' and Android 'shame'.. I've been a pro user for three years, plus the wife and another two accounts for our little business.
AzDayton

Posted: Jul 25, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have also been searching. The best I've found so far is "DGT GTD & ToDo [Alpha]". It's still in development, so you may find issues, but it's still far far above anything else I've found, including the Ultimate ToDo, which was my former winner.

I have found no "share support", but since it's in Alpha, now would be the perfect time to request that functionality be added, and contribute to the development of a superior product. Give it a look. The price is right! (Free) :-)

- Dayton - Mon. 07/25/2011 @ 15:12:30

This message was edited Jul 25, 2011.
reckoner

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
I'm also hoping for a native android app. I'm currently using "Got to Do" , but it can do little more than synchronize.
chipwreck

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I can also recommend two (native?) apps, both free:

DGT GDT - very good software, for an "alpha" application it's very stable and has a clean and good UI, widgets included. You need two parts, the app and the toodledo component:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.android.lite
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.toodledo.demo

DueToday Lite - also very good UI, nice and clean, supports most features. There's a paid version with widgets, subtasks etc.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lakeridge.DueTodayLite

(The other apps like Ultimate ToDo, ToDo Today etc. have IMHO no useful UI and miss a clean and good interface.)

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
Dave

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
They have announced they are working on a native app, but no timeline given. Not sure why people are upset, the apps available are very good. Probably better than the first release of a native app. I keep coming back to Due Today, but there are a few very good ones (Ultimate todo and DGT)
ben

Posted: Jul 28, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Dave:
They have announced they are working on a native app, but no timeline given. Not sure why people are upset, the apps available are very good. Probably better than the first release of a native app. I keep coming back to Due Today, but there are a few very good ones (Ultimate todo and DGT)

I've been very satisfied with Due Today. The developer is pretty responsive. There are some improvements in the works that should take the widget to the next level.

-Ben
Don_1304947496

Posted: Jul 31, 2011
I'm using Ultimate To-Do List, www.ToDoList.co, with a Verizon DroidX. It works great with toodledo. Bought a license for I think $5. Good App
:Don 7.31.11
atmendez

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Just thought I'd throw out there Tasks To Do List Pro (TTDLP). For less than $3 you get a nice functional and attractive interface. I might even like it better than Toodledo for iOS.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.als.taskstodo.pro&feature=search_result

The developer responded to my emailed feature request (specify a default due date) within one day to say it's on the list for a future release. Only glitch is that synced tasks created in TTDLP show up on Toodledo.com with an "=" sign in the due date box. It doesn't affect sorting, just looks cluttered in the web interface. I reported it and hope it gets fixed in a future release.
TeamWithShannon

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by chipwreck:
I can also recommend two (native?) apps, both free:

DGT GDT - very good software, for an "alpha" application it's very stable and has a clean and good UI, widgets included. You need two parts, the app and the toodledo component:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.toodledo.demo

Hi :)
I just downloaded these apps, but how do I sync with Toodledo?

Thanks!
TeamWithShannon

Posted: Aug 14, 2011
Posted by TeamWithShannon:
[quote]Posted by chipwreck:

<DIV class=quote>I can also recommend two (native?) apps, both free:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.toodledo.demo [/quote]

Hi :)
I just downloaded these apps, but how do I sync with Toodledo?

Thanks![/quote]

Nevermind... figured it out...
AndreasNYC

Posted: Nov 22, 2011
Hey, I'm also desperate for share support and on Android too, but it turns-out that Toodledo hasn't implemented private share/assign in their API so no 3rd-party app can use share/assign until Toodledo adds that to their APIs :(.

If people care about using private share/assign in 3rd-party apps, please let Toodledo know so they can prioritize it High ... else they won't. You can

I've added to a ticket for Toodledo's ticketing system - please comment on the ticket (link below) if you need this functionality.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=27602

Hope we get share/assign on mobile apps from Toodledo!

Andreas

Posted by AzDayton:
I have also been searching. The best I've found so far is "DGT GTD & ToDo [Alpha]". It's still in development, so you may find issues, but it's still far far above anything else I've found, including the Ultimate ToDo, which was my former winner.

I have found no "share support", but since it's in Alpha, now would be the perfect time to request that functionality be added, and contribute to the development of a superior product. Give it a look. The price is right! (Free) :-)

- Dayton - Mon. 07/25/2011 @ 15:12:30
Lotussteve

Posted: Nov 23, 2011
Hello!

@AndreasNYC: Sorry but your Link only leads to the start page of the ticket system!

Ciao,

Steve

This message was edited Nov 23, 2011.
DAK

Posted: Nov 29, 2011
I have been using an Android app "Got To Do" (by Slamjibe) into Toodledo for 1-2 years. Works great and is solid. Tried others like DGT GTD but they were not reliable.

The original product was dropped by the original developer when he got a new job but that was a year ago and the product must be supported by someone else or is so stable as not to require support (?).

It is called "Got To Do" by SLAMJIBE. It runs great on my Thunderbolt phone and on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet. I would be lost without it.

-I tried out the Lite version and then paid for the paid upgrade to handle nested tasks, etc.

Lite; http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/got-to-do-lite_flqt.html

Paid version is about $3.25 and worth it. Looks like it is from England:
http://www.pcworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=464437&expand=false

I don't see it in the Apps section of the Google Market anymore--They must be playing control games with us public ?
You might have to download from the web through your browser.

Good Luck,
DAK .....a happy Toodledo and Got To Do user on 2 androids.
[email protected]

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Lotussteve

Posted: Dec 02, 2011
Posted by DAK:
I have been using an Android app "Got To Do" (by Slamjibe) into Toodledo for 1-2 years. Works great and is solid. Tried others like DGT GTD but they were not reliable.

The original product was dropped by the original developer when he got a new job but that was a year ago and the product must be supported by someone else or is so stable as not to require support (?).

It is called "Got To Do" by SLAMJIBE. It runs great on my Thunderbolt phone and on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet. I would be lost without it.

Hey!

@DAK : That is exactly the 1.4.1 version of GOTTODO which was the last one released originally in the android market and since removed when the developer retired, only people like me who bought it earlier still see it in the google market.

So what you appraise here is the same unsupported old program not something taken over by a different developer......!

Sorry to tell you that,

Ciao,

Steve
who still uses Got To Do as long as it still works!
buesingde

Posted: Dec 08, 2011
Yep, still a huge shame that Toodledo keeps the position that third party apps for Android are sufficient.

I turned away from Toodledo (and my pro subscription) because of that strategical point :-/
sprouty76

Posted: Dec 15, 2011
Gave DGT GTD a go - no support for Due After, which I use a lot. And even worse, if I set a recurring task as Due After on the website, and mark it as completed in DGT GTD, the next time the task occurs it has lost the Due After even on the website. That breaks how I've got a lot of my tasks setup.

To be honest, I don't want an app that's had sync support for ToodleDo bolted on as an afterthought. I want a dedicated app that supports everything the website does, and the continued lack of an official app is definitely driving me away.

(And what's with the UI? Why does DTG GTD look like an iPhone app?)

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011.
bert.t.wu

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
like all of you, i would love to see a native android app. in the meantime, i'm using the slim website. i have it bookmarked in my android browser and have a bookmark widget on my home screen. the widget uses the toodledo logo for the icon, so it feels like an actual app, except for the web page load times.
redchili84

Posted: Dec 30, 2011
Score: -2 Reference
I used all the third party apps for Android - and one way or another, they all suck. I was mildly happy with DueToday until the app became unusable when every action I took provoked a forced close. The rest of the apps is either eye-cancering-ugly or just WAY too cluttered.

So, the very best web-based ToDo-Service I have used to date affiliates its name with mere CRAP when it comes to mobile devices that run an OS which has a whopping 47% market share - instead of working shifts to get a WORTHY representation in the android world.

Not a smart move at all, imho.
.Jay

Posted: Jan 02, 2012
It's 2012,and although we have 3 months left of our pro memberships, I think its time to move on.
The only reliable Android app I have seen is no longer supported and toodledo still have nothing to offer.

Poor show toodledo!
mc.ingram

Posted: Jan 02, 2012
Until there is a native Toodledo app for Android, I will stick with RTM. This is a big deal. If you have to spend time retyping tasks from one system to another, or printing task lists out, the work of managing the tasks > doing the task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.