ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsBest Android App(s)?

Best Android App(s)?
mlb32704

Posted: May 11, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
In the interests of household harmony, I've purchased my first Android 4.0 tablet, so that the kids can borrow the iPad and I can still get stuff done.

Obviously there is no official Android app, but I was hoping that some one could please point me in the direction of the current, best app(s), client(s), solution(s) for Android tablets. Looking to perform the same basic daily activities on this new Android tablet as I currently do on my iOS devices (i.e. create/modify/view tasks and notebooks). I sort tasks by due date, folder and tags, and I do not sort notes at all but I have a lot of them and use them often.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Peter S...

Posted: May 11, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
mvdl

Posted: May 13, 2013
I agree Toodletasks is the best one for the Android tablet.
yeye_1977

Posted: May 29, 2013
Note that toodleTasks do not (yet) sync with your notebooks.

For the rest, the app support all the majors features you can expect from a toodledo client (including sub-tasks,due date, repeat and reminders, start date,...) and the tasks can be sorted by any of the available fields. As other have said, the App work very well on tablets.
puremetalcindy

Posted: May 30, 2013
Score: 4 Reference
I've been using Ultimate To-Do List for about three years and I'm really happy. I tried 4 or 5 others before settling on that but couldn't tell you which ones. The developer offers a fully functioning trial version that's good for either 7 or 14 days. It is available for phones and tablets. It costs $3 or $4.
Good luck in your search.
ykphuah

Posted: Jun 07, 2013
Self promotion: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle&hl=en

You have to try at least 5 before you decide for yourself. Each of the applications have their own pros and cons, that's why there are so many choices!
chuck.lobaito

Posted: Jun 24, 2013
I agree Toodletasks is the best one for the Android tablet. Easiest to use, most functions.
tsinvest

Posted: Jun 26, 2013
Toodletasks has a great looking interface and works well. After buying it however I discovered that the reminder alarms are not local to the program rather they come from Toodledo via email, SMS, etc. This happens once the program syncs with Toodledo . For me this doesn't work because I don't get an audible alarm directly from the program as I do with DTG for example. I hope they change this because otherwise the program is excellent.
Peter S...

Posted: Jun 26, 2013
Email the developer. He was very responsive to me when I had questions.
krellan

Posted: Jul 11, 2013
I just tried ToodleTasks and it seems to get the job done.

It has some display bugs, among other things, the current screen is oftentimes redrawn on top of an older screen (and slightly shifted about half a centimeter down and to the right, oddly enough). Nevertheless, it works, and feels responsive.

First, I had tried Pocket Informant. Bad idea. AVOID it. It's slow, cumbersome, unreliable (often just seizing up entirely). Unfortunate, because I heard from others that it used to be a great program. Then, they tried to do too much (including launching of their own cloud service, as if there weren't enough competing data sources already), and defaulting all newly added events/tasks/etc. to use it by default, very sneaky way to fool you into storing your data there instead of where you had intended! Not good.

I'm happy with ToodleTasks for now, despite some display glitches, it seems to work well.
chr.ver

Posted: Jul 12, 2013
I'm using DGT ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dg.gtd.android.lite ) for at least a year now. Never had problems, excellent performance, steady future developments. Although the visuals are dated (pre ICS), it is loaded with functionality. Think of everything the webinterface has + dropbox integration + Tasker integration + etc etc.
For the moment still free (alpha version), but I bet it will become paying with a first release. Hopefully with updated visuals :-) Needless to say I'll buy.
johnaohman_1388172491

Posted: Jul 17, 2013
Score: 2 Reference
+1 for Ultimate To Do List.
Actually, I've only used the Android phone version, but I've done so for a couple of years now. Prior to that, I tried a number of android phone apps to sync with ToodleDo and ran into a variety of syncing problems with many of them. Not so with this one - it's ROCK SOLID and provides full functionality. Some folks will complain of the "ugly" UI, and yes, it's not the prettiest I've ever seen, but the reliability and functionality way, way overshadow that for me.
rbendett Post deleted
rbendett

Posted: Jul 20, 2013
Try Due Today.
yeye_1977

Posted: Jul 29, 2013
the display problem on the galaxy S4 has been fixed in the last version of toodleTasks Phone Edition and toodleTasks Tablet
jowra

Posted: Aug 16, 2013
Posted by ykphuah:
Self promotion: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwlm.mytoodle&hl=en

You have to try at least 5 before you decide for yourself. Each of the applications have their own pros and cons, that's why there are so many choices!

Looks promising. But as you say, every App has Pros & Cons. In your app I'm missing Due Time and Reminders for instance.

Since 2 years I've tried all Toodledo compatible apps, but I'm always stay with "Due Today".
SES21

Posted: Jan 27, 2014
If you haven't looked lately, you owe it to yourself to revisit MyToodle...it has come a long way in a very short period of time!

Also, for DGT users, there is currently a beta running called SODA that you can opt into & discuss on G+.
sprouty76

Posted: Jan 28, 2014
And you definitely owe it to yourselves to look in the News forum :)
frankie.toodle

I'm happy this Ultimate-ToDo. Features and customizability are great, interface's a bit messy though.
Dave

The new Toodledo app is a great start. I am sticking with Ultimate Todo List for the saved searches, clickable links, and tasks added to calendar. Wouldn't be surprised if the official app catches up quick though.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.