DesktopTodo 1.3

AuthorMessage
hfzp

Posted: Jul 12, 2013
Score: 0

Hi All,

DesktopTodo 1.3 has been released. More about it here :

http://www.desktoptodo.com/2013/07/desktoptodo-13.html

This release fix a critical issue with note that has length more than 4000 characters. It also feature multi edit date. Below is the detailed changelog :

* add multi edit date
* fix : crash when task and notebook has long notes (more than 4000)
* fix : general task selection (completion, future, low priority and status) not updated after item edit and delete even after being refreshed
* other minor changes

Thanks,

Hafiz
hfzp

Posted: Jul 20, 2013

Hi,

DesktopTodo 1.3.1 has been released. You can check it out more here :

http://www.desktoptodo.com/2013/07/desktoptodo-131.html

Updates since 1.3.0 :

- add highlight on special start/due date : today, tomorrow, overdue
- fix : start/due date sorting wrong for some times

Thanks,

Hafiz
Richard Masters

Posted: Sep 19, 2013

Hi Hafiz

I have just installed DesktopTodo v1.3.1 and I am slightly disappointed at how long it takes to load. It is over 5 seconds before I see a splash screen and then a further 25 - 30 seconds before the application is available.

Is there a reason for this long load time - I don't think it has to do much at that point? I haven't used the application much yet because it is still quicker to fire up Chrome and use Toodledo web, but it looks like it could be a really good desktop task management app if it could be speeded-up.

Thanks, Richard
hfzp

Posted: Oct 01, 2013

Hi Richard,

I am sorry for the late reply. I have been busy with 1.4 development and haven't been monitoring this forum often lately. It's been released BTW and I'll be posting it on another post.

I am aware of first load time issue and still trying to minimize it in the process. However, some part of the load time can be a bit tricky to suppress. .Net Framework and third party libraries that I use already contribute to some initial loading time before my code have a chance to do anything yet.

It's not an excuse though, just want to give some picture on factors contributing to initial loading time. I am hoping to allocate more time to do more profiling and optimizations to speed things up after some more functionalities has been implemented/established (I still have some on my lists). Hopefully, the initial loading time can be reduced more.

Thanks,

Hafiz
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Third-Party Applications

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014