Legend

Forum

Unread topics or posts

Topic

Unread posts

Announcement

Forums > Third-Party Applications

Outlook sync first run does a few at a time?

AuthorMessage
dan

Posted: Jun 06, 2009
Score: 0

Please ignore this - I would delete it if I could - it turned out to be a filter - all the tasks synced.

Sorry!
Dan

Original message:
-----------------

I just installed Outlook Sync for the first time - I disabled Automatic Sync until I could check it out - I ran a Manual Sync from the File menu - and it synced about 20 tasks, then stopped - saying Sync was complete in the status bar. I re-ran it - got 15 more. Ran it again - 12 more.

I turned on the trace, and it runs a while, then says:
StateCreatedOnOutlook():Maximum Toodledo updates exceeded for this cycle. Skipping

I also checked the tasks in Outlook, and it looks like they are being modifed - at least, the modified date is set. No obvious changes. And it sounds like the message is saying that *outlook* updates have been exceeded, not toodledo updates.

Anyway - anyone else seen this? Is there a max updates it will do in Outlook - perhaps to avoid problems like everything being deleted?

I can keep running the sync - but I thought I would ask here. BTW, I have 145 tasks in Outlook.

Dan

This message was edited Jun 06, 2009.
keef

Posted: Jun 07, 2009
Score: 0

This is from the information page from the sync client:

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

The Toodledo servers will block any application that performs too many operations is a given time period. In order to avoid triggering this block the application will only send updates to the server at the rate of 1 update every 20 seconds. This can cause the first synchronizatio to take quite some time

keef
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Third-Party Applications