ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTrouble Syncing PI with Toodledo?

Trouble Syncing PI with Toodledo?
kritter217

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Anyone else having trouble syncing with Toodledo? I don't know if this is just a recent issue or ongoing, I have only been using the combination for a few days. I have many items that appear just fine on Toodledo web but are not showing up in PI. I also have Todo installed from when I was evaluating both products, and all the information is syncing just fine to Todo. I do see on my iphone screen that the sync process is taking place (or at least it appears to be taking place according to the messages I am seeing). Any ideas?
Anders

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
Everything syncs fine to PI for me. PI does not support subtasks yet, so all your subtasks will show up as regular tasks, and if they have no Folder or Context assigned, tasks wind up in the PI inbox. Toodledo Tags become PI calendars, and if you delete one of those calendars, all the tasks go too, but I think that would delete them on the website as well. Other than those things, I can't think of anything else.

If you could provide any more specifics of what sort of things are not showing up, that could shed some light on the situation.
Pearl

Posted: Jun 30, 2009
Hi, I'm a new user and i'm thinking to use PI+Toodledo(subscribe w/ substask) as well, will the priority/importance set in Toodledo shows in PI too?
Anders

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Here is a quick rundown of the Toodledo->PI sync mapping:

Toodledo field->PI field
Context->Context
Folder->Project
Status->Action (All statuses are there in name, but other than Next Action, they are all treated the same, so for example, Deferred is the same as Active. I hope this changes.)
Priority->Importance
Start Date->Start Date (No Start Time)
Due Date->Due Date (No Due Time)
Tag->Calendar (Multiple Toodledo tags will mess up PI calendars, so PI limits you to one tag per task.)
Note->Notes

So Toodledo priority is supported as PI importance, but the Toodledo calculated importance is not supported by PI, though they have stated that it will be added as a sort option in the future.
I should also mention that if you are considering using subtasks, Toodledo and Appigo's Todo are the only two apps that currently support them.

This message was edited Jul 01, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.