ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsOutlook Client 1.0.1.1 is Available

Outlook Client 1.0.1.1 is Available
keef

Posted: Aug 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
A new version of the Outlook Synchronization Client for Toodledo is available at http://www.chromadrake.com

This version adds some new features
map Toodledo Contexts or Folders to Outlook categories
sync Outlook notes to Toodledo notes
a bulk deletion guard to protect against lost tasks

keef

There is an RSS feed for news about this software http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/rss/newsfeed.xml
sventhebrit

Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Hi Keef,
Upgraded to 1.0.1.1 with no problems
The notes sync works very well, and I have started to use this a little more. I have continued to map the Folders to Outlook categories.
Thanks for the update
Steve
petefam

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I have tried downloading the new version. The file says 1.0.1.1 and I run it first to uninstall the prior version and then again to install the new version. However, I still get the older interface and it says it version 1.0.1.0. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.

Doug
keef

make sure that you shut the application down before upgrading.

try this
-shut down the application and uninstall using Add/remove programs
-reboot
-download and install the latest version
keef
petefam

I did the steps you suggest and nothing. I still end up with 1.0.1.0. Maybe I will reboot in the morning again and try it. What's really weird is that all my setting, including my account ID, are present even after uninstalling, rebooting, and installing the newer version. But, it's like I never installed a new version. The old program and all the old settings are still present.
keef

Posted: Sep 02, 2009
Hmm. It looks like I forgot to update the setup version number for 1.0.1.1 - this might have caused your issue. I've uploaded a new version, give that a try.
Cheers

keef
petefam

Ah...success. That did it. Thank you very much.
Dave

Your ToodleDo sync app is really useful in managing my task list for work and personal items. One addition that I would like to see is for me to have the ability to determine how Outlook priorities are mapped to ToodleDo priorities. Do you have any plans to enable this user mapping?
keef

Posted: Sep 03, 2009
I will it onto the feature list for a potential future version.
keef
Dave

Thanks! I use the ToDo application from Appigo on my iphone to manage my tasks on the go. The icons for priority in ToDo map to Top, High and Medium, but your ToodleDo sync maps the Outlook High, Medium and Low priorities to the High, Medium and Low priorities of ToodleDo. This affects which icons are used. As I said, a small issue, and not one to over shadow how useful the sync tool is. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
Anders

Just in case you are not aware, you can change the Priority theme for Todo. There are two styles that have 4 Priority icons, one each for low, medium, high, and top.
Also, you can go into synchronization settings, and turn on "Service Priority Names".

This message was edited Sep 03, 2009.
tripp

Posted: Sep 10, 2009
I had duplication problems when synchronizing, beyond doubles, they were multiplying like rabbits wether I deleted duplicates from Outlook OR the Toodledo website.

I then deleted EVERYTHING on Outlook & on the Toodledo website, because I had found the "Force iPhone > Toodledo.com Sync" choice in the Synchronization/Modify Account Login on the iPhone App.

I figured I was ALL SET, and would force to the website then back into Outlook. WRONG. It DELETED on the iPhone for whatever reason. NO I hadn't backed anything up, assuming the iPhone data as my backup. MY BAD.

So I UNINSTALLED the Synch tool and then Re-installed.

I have a few of the 40 or 50 Tasks I lost typed back in on the iPhone and Synched to the website, however, I cannot get the Synch Tool to Re-Synch to Outlook

I get the following error.

Error during synchronization: There is an error in XML document (393, 42)

I like the possibilities I saw, once I get this working again.

Any help, insight ???

Thanks in advance.

-Tripp
davemiers

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
i had almost the exact same thing happen as tripp.
same... except i have a back up!! ;)

interested to hear any strategies to fix this.
Anders

I don't know how to help you with the Outlook sync duplications, but the best thing to do would probably be to email a trace log from the sync tool to the app's developer: developer(AT)chromadrake.com
If you are having issues with the "Force Sync iPhone->Toodledo.com", it might be worth your while to start a support ticket with Toodledo, or at least post that issue in the Questions forum because it should not be working like that.
cinque369

have uninstalled and re-installed toodledSync several times, finally got "clear" installation, not the First Run won't recognize my "Unique ID or Paswword."

any ideal what I am doing wrong????
keef

Posted: Sep 12, 2009
The main reasons for first run authentication failure are
- you have inadvertently cut and paste spaces with your unique id
-you are on a network with a proxy server and the proxy settings are not configured correctly. This is most likely to happen on corporate networks
-you have a firewall or spyware product installed that is blocking the toodledosync application from accessing the internet

please make sure that you are using the unique id from the account settings page of toodledo. this is different to the email address that you use to log in to the site.
keef
keef

Posted: Sep 12, 2009
Posted by davemiers:
i had almost the exact same thing happen as tripp.
same... except i have a back up!! ;)

interested to hear any strategies to fix this.

This error indicates that one of your tasks or notes contains a character that is corrupting the xml returned by Toodledo to the Toodledosync application. These characters are usually non-printable characters that get into the tasks by being cut and pasted from emails or other applications.

Tracking down which task contains these characters can be tricky, by they are usually tasks that you created or modified just before the error started occurring.
One way to 'clean' your tasks is to cut and paste the note text into notepad and then copy it back again.

keef
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.