ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier: Multiplatform

TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
manny_1298228447

Posted: Apr 10, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Benjamin Leclerc:
Hi Tony,

Yes you can create subtasks in TaskUnifier (simply drag and drop one or more tasks onto another task).

Yes the subtasks in Toodledo are synced as subtasks in TaskUnifier.

But I recently discovered a bug which sometimes shows subtasks as tasks in TaskUnifier.
It has been fixed in version 1.7 of the Toodledo plugin.

You can try to update the Toodledo plugin (in File -> Plugin Manager)

Kr,

Ben.

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your efforts, I'm a happy paying customer. I have an issue where the subtasks in toodledo are still showing as regular tasks in taskunifier. I updated to latest version and also updated the plugin to 1.8. Any thoughts??
Ant_1293528082

Posted: Apr 10, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
Hi Ben,

I'll try it out and let you know. For the moment after 2 minutes dedicated research subtasks show from Taskunifier to Toodledo. However Toodledo to Taskunifier has subtasks arriving as tasks.Thanks for your prompt help and i'll keep you updated.

Kindest regards

Tony
Lotussteve

Posted: Apr 11, 2011
New version released !

Version 0.8.6
- FR 3207557: Default repeat values

Hi Ben!

Do i understand it right that this feature is only applicable to the toodledo plugin and has nothing to do with the repeat value of locally created tasks (before syncing), yes?

Thanks for short info,

Ciao,

Steve
Benjamin Leclerc

Hi Steve,

Yes, it is only a list of default values for the repeat field (so you do not have to type in the repeat value manually every time).

In short, offline repeat has not yet been implemented.

Ben
Benjamin Leclerc

Hi Steve,

Your multiple messages finally convinced me to implement the "offline" repeat.
I'm working on it and should be available with version 0.8.7 in one or two weeks.

Kr,

Benjamin

This message was edited Apr 11, 2011.
Lotussteve

Posted: Apr 12, 2011
Hi Steve,

Your multiple messages finally convinced me to implement the "offline" repeat.
I'm working on it and should be available with version 0.8.7 in one or two weeks.

Kr,

Benjamin

Hello Ben!

Many thanks for that, i hope i didn´t sound to nagging :) !

Another thing i noticed just yesterday and which i´ve been able to reproduce with 0.8.5 and .6 (and didn´t find a bugreport):

Even when i installed the app fresh, added a task with notes, then added in a new step something to the notes or changed them then clicked OK --> as long as the item was highlighted the new notes were displayed, when i clicked another task it reverted back to the notes it had when it was first created, all changes lost.

Am i doing something wrong here? Didn´t notice this earlier because at first i only added tasks with notes which i didn´t change anymore until completion....!

Thanks for your help,

with kind regards,

Steve
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 12, 2011
Steve,

I tried what you said (what I understood) :
I select a task, edit the note, select another task, go back to the first one, and the note is correct and contains the last changes.

By clicking on OK, what do you mean ?

Kr,

Ben
Lotussteve

Posted: Apr 15, 2011
1.) I tried what you said (what I understood) :
I select a task, edit the note, select another task, go back to the first one, and the note is correct and contains the last changes.

2.) By clicking on OK, what do you mean ?

Hello!

ad 1.) What i meant:
Select a task, CTRL-E or right-click --> edit task, where the whole window of the task comes up (Title, context, due date..), there i change the notes field (add some text)and click OK to close this window! As long as i don´t click anything i see the changed text in the summary (i can even open it again with CTRL-E=, but as soon as i do anything involving another task (like left-clicking it) it reverts back to the text with which the task was originally created!

Info: Windows XP SP 3, german environment, Java version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)

I just tried this on a new install (german) and had this bug, i then changed the languagge to english and have the same behaviour :( ! Could this relate to my java version?
I´ll try this on my Ubuntu 10.04 laptop and report back if the behaviour is different there!

ad 2.) The task edit window has OK and CANCEL on the bottom, that´s what i meant :) ! Directly editing notes like the "title" field is not supported, so i always do it the way described in 1.) !

Hope my information helps,

many thanks for your support,

Steve

This message was edited Apr 15, 2011.
Nana_1293108665

Posted: Apr 16, 2011
Just a short question and a suggestion:

1) Suggestion: How about adding a Flattr account to the project. This would enable people to show some support when they like and/or use the tool. And the revenue stream would ensure further developement ;)
http://flattr.com/

2) Request: Is there anybody who is interested to develope a integration extension for mindmeister.com? I think it would be really great if such an extension would exist, this would definately provide a colaborative dimension to tasks lists :).
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 18, 2011
Hi Steve,

Thanks for explaining this bug, I have fixed it.

Hi Nana_1293108665,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will think about it.
manny_1298228447

Posted: Apr 18, 2011
Is anyone else having issues with 2-way subtask synchronization? They don't show up as subtasks in taskunifier.
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Do you have the last plugin version ? (1.8)

To check :
Go to File => Manage plugins
Click on Toodledo Plugin and click update

Edit: I read above that you updated already to version 1.8

Do you have a special example which always produce this problem ?

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011.
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
Something I forgot to ask:

After installing the new plugin version, did you "Synchronize All" ?

Because the tasks already loaded in TaskUnifier won't be updated of course.

So, you need to go to Settings -> Synchronize All (the second button, the one which deletes everything)

Carefull, you will loose the data in TaskUnifier which are not synced to Toodledo !
Lotussteve

Posted: Apr 20, 2011
Hi Steve,

Thanks for explaining this bug, I have fixed it.

Hi Ben!

Very cool, many thanks!

With kind regards,

Steve
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 20, 2011
New version released !

Version 0.8.7
- Offline repeat
- Repeat help
- Default repeat values in task edit window and template window
- Bug fixed: Edit task note with edit window
- Check plugin version
- FR 3274185: Add subtask button
- FR 3208904: Subtask will take over contexts, folders, goals, locations from parent
- BSD Licence
01Home

Posted: Apr 22, 2011
Purchased the app and must have installed it wrong as I am getting message "The authentication key that you provided as expired or is invalid "- although it did retrieve folder titles- until I started receiving "Excessive Tokens. Your app has requested too many tokens for this user in a short amount of time. You should cache and use a token until it expires."
Anyone have a suggestion?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 27, 2011
Hi 05jhoward,

I have released plugin version 2.0, could you try ?

Thank you
Biggamal

Posted: Apr 27, 2011
I just purchased a license and it's still giving me the 30 second wait. Is there anything I can do?
Benjamin Leclerc

Posted: Apr 28, 2011
Dear Biggamal,

I have sent you a mail.
The licence key is linked to you email address (case sensitive).

Please check that the email address is exactly written in the same way as the one you filled in during the purchase.

Ben
rolf.scheurmann

Posted: Apr 29, 2011
Hello Benjamin

I bought yesterday via Paypal the license for the Program. Where can i find the license key?

Rolf
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.