ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
mr_many_notes

Score: 0
Still looking forward to seeing this fixed. Thanks!
mr_many_notes

I see that this is still broken.
mr_many_notes

Posted Jan 16, 2009 in: More problems with modification date
Thanks, you guys rock!
mr_many_notes

I think too on the web interface it's not even possible to see the mod time at all, or am I missing something?
mr_many_notes

Personally, I'd also like to see the time displayed (on the iPod Touch) as part of the modification date when in list view. When I am viewing a list, and they are all shown as modified (say) 12th Jan, it's not as helpful as it could be. Sure, I can go into each todo and check the mod date, but hey.
mr_many_notes

Posted Jan 13, 2009 in: More problems with modification date
It certainly doesn't seem right to me that the modification date is not the modification date at all, but rather the date when it was last synced after a change. These are very different things.

If I modified a todo at 9:45 on Tuesday and another at 11:30 on Friday, I'd like these to be the modification date, rather than the date when I sync, which might be (say) 10:00 on Sunday.

I look forward to this improvement!
mr_many_notes

Posted Jan 12, 2009 in: More problems with modification date
This morning I switched my iPod Touch on at 7:38, and later I noticed that many (all?) of my tasks which I had updated yesterday had been updated to have a modification date of 7:38.

Another bug with mod date?
mr_many_notes

Any idea Mr.Toodledo when we will see an improvement to this little thing? Thanks!
mr_many_notes

Now when I change a task note on the iPod Touch, the task modification date doesn't seem to change at all (it neither changes visually, nor does the note move to the top when sorted by modification date).

This used to work I'm sure, but is it now broken, or am I doing something wrong?

This message was edited Jan 09, 2009.
mr_many_notes

Posted Jan 09, 2009 in: Impossible to cancel an edit to a title
To clarify, I am talking about on the iPod Touch, so there is no Esc key.

There is a "Done" key, but, if you realise that you want to cancel the changes you have made to the title and just quit changing you appear to have no choice but to save the changes even if you don't want them.
mr_many_notes

Posted Jan 08, 2009 in: Impossible to cancel an edit to a title
If you are in the middle of an edit to a title there seems to be no "Cancel". Did I miss something?
mr_many_notes

When I change anything about a task I would expect the modification date to change, but it seems that when I just change the title of a task (at least on my iPod Touch), then the mod date is not changed.

In this case, it's not even a question of not displaying the date correctly, since the task stays where it is when the tasks are sorted by mod date.

So, is this a bug, or is it supposed to be like this? And if it's supposed to be like this, what's the logic? Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 08, 2009.
mr_many_notes

I'm now on Toodledo version 1.4 on the iPod, and unfortunately (because I bought a new PC and had to reset my iPod because of sync problems), I again had to do a complete sync from scratch.

Unfortunately, I have 7300 tasks (they are in fact mostly my annotated vocabulary language notes) and the iPod still bombs out at around 6000 tasks. Grrrr! Still, at least I know the kludge above now.

Not much fun, but again: I exported all notes to CSV from the website, cleared the website, cleared the iPod, broke the single CSV into about 10 smaller CSV files (because the website runs out of memory otherwise) which is really tedious work and error-prone, imported back to the website the smaller CSV files one at a time and synced one at a time, and finally got all my notes back onto the iPod.

Hopefully this will last a few months (until the next iPod reset, or other problem needing a complete resync).

Looking forward to anything you can change.

If I could sync folder by folder this would do it.

Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 06, 2009.
mr_many_notes

Posted Jan 02, 2009 in: viewing all folder tabs?
I agree that the current interface is very clumsy and annoying when there are more folders than will fit along the top. If there is a way to reorganise this, it should happen automatically, and not by default be clumsy and awkward.

What do you say Toodledo?
mr_many_notes

When you create a task and when you edit an existing task the interface for selecting the task folder is inconsistent and therefore confusing.

When you create a task, and when you set the folder there is a "Done" button on the bottom to accept the folder chosen.

When you edit a task, and when you set the folder there is no "Done" button, but instead a "Task Details" button on the top to accept the folder chosen.

Wouldn't it be better if in both cases there were simply a "Done" button on the bottom?
mr_many_notes

I have noticed the following bizarre behaviour on my iPod touch version.

I sort tasks by "Modified Date".

When I want to make a task become top of the list, I find that ticking the task as done, and then immediately unticking the task will cause it to go to the top of the list. However, I notice that the "Modified Date" is not changed. Thus I get the bizarre phenomenon that the list of tasks in so-called Modified Date order will not have sequential and increasing Modified Dates!

Is this a bug or a lack of my understanding of how things work?
mr_many_notes

Posted Dec 04, 2008 in: Unusably sloooow website
Interesting. It was around 11:00 a.m. (Belgium time) when I was so frustrated at the speed I put the post, which, surprise, surprise is 10:00 a.m. UK time.

And in fact, the site was so slow it timed out after I had typed a post on a completely different matter causing me to lose the entire contents of my post (grrrr!).

This message was edited Dec 04, 2008.
mr_many_notes

Posted Dec 04, 2008 in: Unusably sloooow website
Why is the website so often unusably slow? 90% of the time it's fine, but then sometimes it's just unusable! For example, I can click on a down arrow and it can take a minute or more to expand it.
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 27, 2008 in: Reset tasks in ToodleDo
Or hopefully he did the test first, and found out I was talking nonsense ;-)
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 25, 2008 in: Reset tasks in ToodleDo
I think the sync works like this:
- if a new task exists or is changed on the web, send to the iPhone
- if a new task exists or is changed on the iPhone, send to the web

Therefore, logically, if you delete all the tasks at the web end, and then synchronise, all your iPhone tasks will go to the web.

I'd check by deleting just ONE task at the web end first ;-)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next