ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
mr_many_notes

Score: 0
I had just completed dealing with starred tasks, and and had unstarred each task, then I clicked on the "Starred" tab, and I get the message "9 active tasks are hidden due to your filter settings. Turn off filters", and so I clicked on "Turn off filters", but I still see the same message and not active tasks.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I misunderstand how this should work? Is this a bug?

This message was edited Nov 24, 2008.
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 20, 2008 in: Deleting a task is too difficult!
Great! Thanks!!

It's a bit strange that it's hidden by default, but hey.
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 20, 2008 in: Deleting a task is too difficult!
To delete a task is too difficult!

The only way seems to be to search for the note, and then do a MultiEdit "Delete = yes". The problem comes when the search throws up more than one task which matches! Then you have to figure out what makes one task different from another, so that you can create an artificial search which just delivers the task you want to delete! Imagine you find you have 2 identical tasks in the same folder - then it's impossible to create a search which separates them!!

Surely there's a better way to handle this? Please.
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 20, 2008 in: Keep search box available after search!
When you do a search on the website for a task I think the search box should not disappear! Often you don't find exactly the task you are looking for and you need or want to directly do another search. Currently, if you do a search, it switches to a "Save search as" screen. In my view it is far more probable that someone would want to do a slightly different search than they would want to save the search they have just done. Personally, I find myself forever clicking on "Modify this search" just so that I can get back to the search box! For me doing another search is thousands of times more likely than saving an existing search.
mr_many_notes

When you create a new task, and add a note, the note initially displays with 3 visible lines (sure you can scroll). If you paste some text of, say, 10 lines, this is really very difficult to edit.

When you change an existing note, the text box is much bigger.

I would have thought that if someone is adding a note to a task, that it could well be quite long. Certainly, if I'm adding a note, it's likely to be so.

Give us a few more lines please!
mr_many_notes

Score: 1
I often end up with a screen with a list of tasks which exactly matches a list which I want to do something with. It would be nice to be able to click "MultiEdit" and directly do whatever I wanted to do with this entire list. Currently, even if I have EXACTLY the list of tasks on the screen which I want to multiedit, I cannot do so, but have to set up a search which matches what is on the screen! How silly is that?

For example, when I am viewing a folder of tasks, I would like "MultiEdit" available for that folder of tasks.

[My guess is that a solution to this would be to prefill a search linked to multiedit with a search based on, for example, whatever the current folder or view is]
mr_many_notes

I had a need to export all of my notes and import them again, and I used the CSV file format for this.

Sadly this throws away all the creation date and modification date info :-(.

Pity. Before, all my notes had a complete history of when I created them and changed them, and had useful information for me using this (basically the ones I had modified most recently were the ones I needed to refer to most). Now this info is all lost.

It would be so easy to export this and allow this to be imported again.

Sure, if people don't want it, they don't need to import it, but if they do, then at least they can.

Basically an export/import should be able to be a lossless operation. Maybe there are other fields which get lost too, but these are the one's that mattered to me.
mr_many_notes

There is currently a big problem in getting a large number of notes onto an iPod Touch (or iPhone I suppose). By a large number of notes (=tasks), I mean very large - I have nearly 7000 notes/tasks. The iPod just splutters and gives up after 5000 or so notes.

Once the notes are all synchronised, the system works like a dream, but the first synchronisation is a problem.

This is the solution (kludge) I eventually came up with:
1) EXPORT all my notes as CSV format
2) delete all notes from the website!
3) create a CSV file with a subset of around 1000 notes from the original file
4) IMPORT this subset of notes back to the website
5) sync the iPod
6) repeat steps 3 to 5 until all synced

This worked, I think since the sync only looks at the difference, and so there are never more than around 1000 records being synced at one time.

Maybe we could have a REAL solution though? ;-)

This message was edited Nov 19, 2008.
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 19, 2008 in: Toodledo rocks!
I'd just like to say that I think Toodledo rocks! It's a great little application, and works pretty much exactly as I would want it to work. In particular, the offline access is very well done, being seamless and smooth (unlike, for example, Evernote, which is a complete nightmare for offline access).

Well done you Toodledo folks!!
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 17, 2008 in: Import of Evernote text files
Score: 1
I've managed to create a kludge to get my Evernote notes into the Tasks of Toodledo.

If you are a techie, you'll probably laugh at my technique and know a much better way to do it, so this won't be much good to you.

If you aren't a techie, you probably won't understand my technique and so it won't be much good to you.

In any case, you'd have to be as desperate as me to get your notes across from Evernote to Toodledo to use it, but, for what it's worth, here is what I did.

1) Exported the 318 notes which I had uniquely in Evernote into the Evernote .ENEX format (fortunately my other 6500 notes were in Outlook, which I could export easily to Toodledo).

2) Transformed these notes into a very simple HTML page with 2 columns: note title and note content (I learned what little I know about XML from http://www.w3schools.com/XML/xml_xsl.asp). I will append the XSLT which I used to the end of this post.

3) Loaded this HTML page into Microsoft Excel (giving me 2 columns)

4) Used Excel to export these two columns to CSV format

5) Used the Toodledo "Import CSV to Task" function to import this file, taking "Title" into the Task title field, and the "Content" into the Task notes field.

You'll see it's a real kludge. The annoying problem is that the text in the "Notes" field is still surrounded with tags such as <div>. Nonetheless, the whole content is transfered, so at least I don't have to retype them!

At the start of the Evernote XML file (.ENEX) I added the line:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="transform_to_html.xsl"?>

The "transform_to_html.xsl" XSLT which I used:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:template match="/">
<html>

<h2>My Evernotes</h2>
<table border="1">
<tr bgcolor="#9acd32">
<th align="left">Title</th>
<th align="left">Content</th>
</tr>
<xsl:for-each select="en-export/note">
<tr>
<td><xsl:value-of select="title"/></td>
<td><xsl:value-of select="content"/></td>
</tr>
</xsl:for-each>
</table>

</html>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Good luck!!

This message was edited Nov 17, 2008.
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 14, 2008 in: Import of Evernote text files
I have tried to do as suggested, but the TXT format is a really dumb format and my notes contain line-breaks, so they end up only being able to be imported on mutiple lines.

I think the best solution is to figure out how to import from the Evernote XML format (.ENEX); I've had a little look, but can't figure out what I need to do.

What would be nice if we could import directly from the ENEX files (Evernote XML) into Toodledo (since your tech guys are clearly going to be better than I at this sort of stuff). Any chance? Even better would be if I knew you could add this like next week, coz then I wouldn't need to figure a fudge out myself. Thanks!
mr_many_notes

Firstly, let me say that I love what I have seen so far of Toodledo!

I have over 6000 notes which I have succesfully imported into Toodledo as todos, but on the iPod Touch the number of Todos in each folder is only shown with 3 digits, and after that it shows it with dots. e.g. a folder with 312 notes will show "312" but a folder with 3528 notes will just show "35..." next to it. It's rather annoying not having any way to see how many todos are actually in a folder.

Soooo...
1) Is there any way I can see the REAL number on the iPod Touch? - I know that I can find out how many are in a folder from the website, but I'd like to be able to see on the iPod Touch

2) Could you very clever folks at Toodledo maybe fix this so it simply shows the full number?!?
mr_many_notes

Posted Nov 13, 2008 in: Import of Evernote text files
I have grown sick and tired of Evernotes inability to properly handle the offline notes issue, and am delighted to find the toodledo application. I now have the tricky problem of exporting all my text notes from Evernote to get them into toodledo. The only export formats available are: ENEX (proprietory format), TXT (but I tried this and it imports into toodledo as one todo per line of text, e.g. 2 notes with 5 lines each would end up as 10 different todo items in toodledo), HTML, HTML complete.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3