ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Adrien Beau"
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 24, 2015 in: Toodledo 2015 - The Year in Review
Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
Android App (link)
1) Redesigned the app with Google's "Material Design" look and feel.

Maybe I missed something, but I fail to recognize that. The Android app still looks very much like old apps from at least a couple of Android versions ago (before version 4.4 for sure). Okay, there is a big floating Plus button at the bottom right of the screen, but globally the Android app feels outdated. (Maybe it was even more outdated before the redesign, I don't know that.)

This is not just looks: I find the app is lacking in ergonomy, from missing saved searches to a sidebar that too often resets to a default state where I have to select Tasks again and again before I can access more useful submenus.

Also, if I recall correctly (I have not tried it in some time), the app does not take advantage of tablet format in portrait mode; a huge chunk of the screen remains blank, and the sidebar remains hidden most of the times.

I feel you have made excellent progress on the website UI in 2015. I wish you make such good progress on the Android UI in 2016.
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 23, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
Score: 1
Posted by c5000nc:
the Windows Task Bar at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

Note that you can easily move it to the left of the screen, reclaiming some more vertical space. It makes very much sense with today's wide screen.
Adrien Beau

Just for clarification, ☐, ☑, and ☒ are not ASCII characters at all. They are part of Unicode, among others.
Adrien Beau

I second this feature request, with one exception: the calendar view still needs to expand the sidebar, so that the calendar is visible.

By the way, when selecting the calendar view from the pull-down menus, the sidebar should be made visible if it is hidden at that time.
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 14, 2015 in: reminders
Posted by Jim Caughran:
Keep may be open source

Not at all. It is a proprietary product.
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 10, 2015 in: Using multiple folders
As far as I know, you cannot. Maybe you can use tags for this.
Adrien Beau

I think this is a very good idea.
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 08, 2015 in: Project management
Posted by Salgud:
For example, I don't use Contexts as they are originally intended. They were originally intended to be used in a GTD sense, based on resources available/needed for doing a particular task, such as computer, phone, office, etc. Some would argue these distinctions are antiquated given the availability of phones and computers virtually anywhere we go.

They're still very relevant to me, since I live in two different towns and also have tasks to do at three other places. They also help me distinguish my personal tasks from my professional tasks. On that level, I need to distinguish tasks that can only be done on the clients' premises from tasks that can be done anywhere with Internet access.

To each his own. :-)
Adrien Beau

Posted Dec 01, 2015 in: Enter key no longer starts searches?
I just tried it. Interestingly:

- Pressing Enter once does not launch a search, as you reported
- Pressing Enter a second time launches a search, but with no search criteria (ignoring what was input in "task contains")
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 30, 2015 in: Quick search
The question was about searching inside Task Notes (rather than Task Titles) from the Quick Search. I tested it: it appears the Quick Search only searches for titles currently.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 25, 2015 in: Shaded Checkboxes?
This is very likely to be a browser-specific issue (or maybe even a browser add-on issue). I use Google Chrome, and the checkboxes are white-filled squares (with slightly rounded borders). Hovering the mouse cursor over a checkbox displays a golden check mark (like in the Toodledo logo). Once checked, the mark is displayed in dark gray.

What browser are you using? Which version, if you know it. On which operating system: Windows, MacOS?
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 24, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Score: 3
Excellent work, Batch Edit being available in all views is awesome! The before-and-after screenshots shows impressive progress. Modernizing an UI without losing usability in the process is a rare feat that you can be proud of!

A nitpick: the new Quick Add Task "+" button is slightly too big. I understand you wanted to make it prominent, but the way it touches the borders of the Quick Add Task area bothers me. Reducing its diameter by a couple of pixels would look much better to me.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 24, 2015 in: Attachments
It seems there are two things being discussed here.

One is the ability to display a file (image, video, spreadsheet, mp3, etc) inside the browser, that is, inside the Toodledo web application. This is indeed hard work for the Toodledo team.

The other is what happens after the user clicks on an attachment, and the file is sent to the browser. There is traditionally a choice here. The browser can open the file in a pre-configured external application (video in VLC, spreadsheet in Excel, MP3 in Media Player, for example), or the browser can save it to the hard drive. Web sites can typically "force" the browser (or at least suggest) which of the two behaviors to perform, and this is not hard work (one more HTTP header to send).

I understand that robfuzz is talking about the latter, while Jake is talking about the former.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 23, 2015 in: Attachments
> when I clicked on the attachment it doesn't open the attachement, it downloads it to my computer

Either behavior can be suggested by a website, but ultimately, it is up to your browser. I believe you can always override the way a website behaves. This is typically configurable by file type.

I do not use Toodledo attachments, so I cannot help you more.
Adrien Beau

You can see the next time (it is when that task is due), when you cannot see the time after that one.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 19, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Posted by Salgud:
I've been looking for a personal task manager (I use TD only for work, I can't find a good way to keep personal and work truly separate in TD other than having 2 accounts.)

I don't know what "truly separate" means to you. I use tags ("pro" and/or "perso" on all tasks) and contexts (@home, @work, etc.) to help categorize my tasks. I have custom searches to only look for some tags and contexts, so I can easily get a list of professional tasks with no single personal task in there, and the opposite of course. Granted, in some other Toodledo views, I can see both kinds of tasks at once, so this may not be "truly separate" to you. I find it is more important to have all tasks in the same tool (and be able to review them all sometimes, and find tasks that fell between the cracks (forgot to tag them properly)), than to sometimes see personal tasks at work, or work tasks at home.

To stay on topic, I had essentially the same setup in Todoist, and was able to bring it to Toodledo without trouble. (Except sub-folders.)
Adrien Beau

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. As far as I know, repeating tasks work this way: when you mark such a task complete, a new task is created with the same field values, except the due date, which is changed appropriately.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 16, 2015 in: Saving more than one search
The pop-up is managed by Javascript, running inside your browser. This is where browser compatibility issues can arise, so at this point it is worth mentioning which browser you are using, under which operating system. If you have installed extensions / modules / etc. in your browser, especially pertaining to privacy, ad-blocking and "safe browsing" (often done by disabling parts of Javascript), it is worth mentioning them.

I performed my test with Google Chrome 42.0, running under Windows Vista. No extensions installed.
Adrien Beau

Posted Nov 16, 2015 in: Saving more than one search
I just created a new search, and found no issue.

Steps performed:

- Click on the search icon in the sidebar (showing my existing 5 saved searches)
- Click on New Search above the list of saved searches
- Enter search criteria
- Click on the prominent yellowish Search button
- Click on Save at the top-right of the screen (under the sort options)
- Enter a name in the pop-up that appears
- Click OK in that pop-up
- The search is added to my list of saved searches
Adrien Beau

Posted by proactive:
all that needs to be added to ToodleDo is a simple field for Quadrant. What would that take in programming time? About 5 minutes? It's a database! Just add the field.

With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to "programming time". Adding new data in an application, with all consequences (compatibility, upgrade, API update, application updates, documentation updates, etc.) is very much more than "5 minutes".
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next