ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Steve

Score: 0
  • Steve
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2010
  • Score: 0
I guess it would be nice if the sync button was greyed out or something so we know when it's available.
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2010
Ah, yes, now I see the "please wait 1 minute" in tiny writing in the sync bar!

I'm curious, though. Why would the iPhone app put any more strain on the servers than the normal web interface is likely to?

While I'm here, I also find that the sync button often doesn't do anything at all for the first few presses straight after I start the app. Do you know why that is?

Thanks for the help.
Steve

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: "Remind me" at exact time
Score: 1
  • Steve
  • Score: 1
I'd vote for a "0 minutes before" too. It's up to me to realise and cope with the fact that reminders might be late. As it stands, if I want to be reminded of a task around, say, 11am, I have to make the task due at 11.15, which just seems arbitrarily silly. It's no different from the argument that with 15 minutes, in the worst case scenario at least I'll be reminded a few minutes before. If I want to be reminded of something 15 minutes beforehand it might be because I need 15 minutes to prepare or travel etc. I just have to live with the fact that delays in the reminder might happen. I'd like the ultimate decision to be mine!
Steve

• Steve
If I make a change to a task on the iPhone app and then immediately refresh my browser view, the change shows up. However, if I make a change on the web and then sync the iPhone, the change usually doesn't show up. The sync is very quick. I have to repeatedly sync until it takes a little longer, then the change will show up. This takes up to a minute or so. Is this by design or is something amiss?
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Agreed. Starred items in Hotlist would be great, and on the iPhone too.
Steve

Score: 2
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2009
  • Score: 2
I've pointed this out before, but completely separating calendar tasks and next action items doesn't work that well for me. You have to keep switching backwards and forwards between views/products to see everything, and to utilise contexts properly. You can't always finish your calendar items in the context you're in, so then you switch to next actions and start working on them. Then you switch back to calendar items later etc.

I use iCal and the iPhone calendar for real appointments. For tasks that must get done on a particular day (I'll call them Calendar tasks), I use a folder in Toodledo. Then I have a custom search that shows all by calendar and next action items, sorted by context. I can see everything on my plate at once, I concentrate on the "must do" items, which stand out because they have a due date, but can do next action items depending on my context.
Steve

Posted Nov 18, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2009
Yes, does seem to be a problem with this setup. Kind of makes sense, though. Your filters say to indent subtasks. When you go to the Waiting For view, filters are still set to indent subtasks, of course. But this task, in this view, has no parent, so there's nothing to indent it from. Turning off filters just says to flatten subtasks, so it shows up, but subtasks remain flattened when you switch back to Projects.

I guess we could ask Toodledo to show "orphaned" subtasks in an indented view. I don't think they've really considered the case where subtasks have a different folder to the parent.
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2009
Thanks for that, PawnMower. Did you actually create a "Calendar" folder to put these items in?
Steve

Posted Nov 09, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Thanks. Certainly like to try one with "local" CSS at some stage to see what difference it makes.
Steve

Posted Nov 09, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Just wondering - do you think the fact that your css is stored "externally" slows down the display? This style seems to be a fair bit slower than others to "take over" when you switch Toodledo tabs. Thinking that's maybe because it has to take a trip to dropbox to get the css every time.
Steve

Posted Nov 08, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2009
OK, thanks, Garfield. I do understand that everyone's view of aesthetics is different, and you're the boss with this theme!
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2009
Thanks for your insights, PawnMower. I find your approach very interesting. For me, it has the slight drawback that I would have to use both start and due dates for a task due on a particular day. Start date because that must exist for you to use "hide future tasks", and due date so you can look at tasks by due date (on the web and iPhone). On the iPhone app, I do like to look at what tasks are due on a particular day in the future.

Do you have a special "Calendar" folder for must-do tasks?

How do you sync calendar tasks to iCal?

Thanks again.

Steve
Steve

Posted Nov 07, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
  • Steve
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2009
As I've said previously, garroteman, I personally would welcome a little work on the heading buttons, so they're not all just words with different font sizes on a grey background. I find it a bit hard to hit what I'm after without a bit of hunting. The Toodledo Things Style theme retains some of the original "boxing" around heading words, which I do like.

Also, I'd welcome less vertical blank space between tasks (again, more like Toodledo Things Style).

Thanks for all your efforts!
Steve

Posted Oct 25, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
  • Steve
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2009
Hi Rob. As far as I can see, subtasks not in the project folder still show up in the Projects tab, because the parent belongs there. Shouldn't be a problem.
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2009
Agreed. It has a way to go, and hopefully has some focus. It has its share of random crashes too. One or two a day for me, usually at startup. Doesn't seem to affect any data though.
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2009
Your method of handling Next Actions isn't too bad on the iPhone, Proximo. There's a "Starred" item on the main screen for looking at your next actions. There's also a Hotlist item that will show anything due today, if you use Toodledo for handling dated items. You have to switch between the two. I have requested and option for Hotlist to contain Starred items too, which would make things easier for me.

For Jrod's method (using a Next Actions folder and not stars), you must go into Folders on the iPhone to look at Next Actions, then back out to go to Due Date to look at today's items, which isn't quite so convenient.

Hopefully the iPhone app will receive more attention as time progresses!
Steve

Posted Oct 22, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
  • Steve
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2009
Thanks so much for doing this, garroteman. I really like this style, but do have a couple of comments.

It does seem to display less tasks on a page than other styles.

I think I prefer the way "Toodledo Things style" displays the heading items, and has less vertical space between each task. Your style has all the heading elements as just words, maybe underlined, which makes it hard to pick some things out. However, your task headings line up much better, and I can adjust column widths etc!

Thanks again.
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2009
Sure, TheGriff, but that's what creates the "problem" - having to look in two places to see all your todos. Your start off in the due date tab, but find you can't complete everything due today just yet, so you move to your next actions. You have to keep remembering to go back to Due Today to see if there's anything there you can do.
Steve

Posted Oct 21, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • Steve
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2009
  • Score: -1
Thanks, Proximo and Jrod. So many ways to accomplish things!
Steve

• Steve
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2009
Thanks, Anders. I did think of Starring all the due-today items as well as Next Actions. Apart from being a bit of a pain doing that every day, it also complicates matters with recurring tasks. When you tick them off, you also have to remember to unstar them, otherwise the new occurrence pops up on the list straight away. Guess I'll probably just have to live with it!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next