Search results for "Posted by "
BobbyG

Posted Feb 04, 2009 in: Could not initialize Outlook Proxy
Score: 0
  • BobbyG
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2009
  • Score: 0
Hi Keef,

UPDATE to my post earlier today ..... I went ahead and upgraded/downloaded Outlook 2007 (actually the entire Office 2007 suite), and without any further action by me, the tasks that I had entered into Toodledo appeared in Outlook!

I've subsequently added a new task in Outlook, and successfully manually synced with Toodledo, and then my iPod Touch. All works great!

Thank you,
BobG
BobbyG

Posted Feb 04, 2009 in: Could not initialize Outlook Proxy
  • BobbyG
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2009
Hi Keef,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have Office XP Small Business and installed the PIA specifically for that.

I've just checked the original Microsoft CD and found that the date printed on the disc is 2002. Would that be the problem? I've read elsewhere that sync works with 2003 and 2007. Would I need to upgrade to 2007 to be able to sync?
Thank you, BobG
BobbyG

Posted Feb 03, 2009 in: Could not initialize Outlook Proxy
  • BobbyG
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2009
Hello Keef,

I too am receiving the error message "Could not initialize outlook proxy" on several initial attempts to sync. I have installed the PIA. I tried the fix dexcribed above, without effect. (Note that in the Registry, I do not find InProcServer32; rather my two choices are InProcHandler32, or LocalServer32.)

The trace says "unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)). at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.GetNamespace(String Type)

Could you kindly give me advice? Thank you.
BobG
BobbyG

Posted Jan 26, 2009 in: Grid format, priority column
  • BobbyG
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Please disregard my note of 35 minutes ago re the default for multi-line view. I found the toggleswitch! Terrific!
BobbyG

Posted Jan 26, 2009 in: Grid format, priority column
  • BobbyG
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Is there any way to set the default for multi-line view to the collapsed state rather than expanded?

As more tasks are added, the multi-line view becomes inundated with info. Collapsing each item individually, in order to get an overview (better than grid view), is repetitive and time-consuming. However, the detail that multi-line view provides is often essential.

Would it not be better if the view opened in the collapsed state, with the ability to then expand the particular item of interest?

Thank you.