ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by fiona.c"
fiona.c

Score: 0
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2022
  • Score: 0
I have just installed the new ToodleDo Android app to access lists etc easier.
Now it has finished syncing I notice it has all these OLD tasks showing as still active even tho I have DELETED them some time ago in the web interface.

In fact, if I search the web interface for the task it does not find it.

So is there TWO databases? That are not being sync'd properly??? What is going on here.

To add into the mix, I have used Ultimate-To-List on my phone for a long time in lieu of the native app. I recently had to revive an old phone (as my new one died) and it is like it has not sync'd properly with the web app either and has also been showing old, deleted tasks... BUT DIFFERENT ones to the native android app!?! I'm so confused!

I really dont want to have to delete them again - this seems dangerous and fundamentally wrong...

Can someone assist with this sync issue on either app?
fiona.c

Posted Mar 05, 2019 in: Tags???
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2019
YES ME TOO. I was just about to post an problem with this too.

I was creating 'subtasks' and the new subtask had a concatenated version of the tags on the parent post - making it not apear in the same tag filter list AND creating a whole new (very long) tag!
fiona.c

Posted Mar 04, 2018 in: Filter options on Saved Searches
Score: 1
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2018
  • Score: 1
I'd like to be able to save different COLUMN displays for different searches.

As far as I can tell, every view has the same columns.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2018
We've just had February with its short number of days and I've just discovered that my lovely reminders for 29,30 or 31st have all been 'skipped'. So now I'm paying bills late.

Would REALLY like to know WHEN these are going to be addressed (some have been 'promised' for >7yrs)

1. Option to recur on LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. This is not hard to code as there are only 12 months in the year, with 3 separate 'cases'. A simple table of if this month, then task falls on X date.... to calculate the recurrence.

I've read the tips about setting for 1st of month, with a 1 day 'alarm'. This does NOT work, as my custom searches/filters work on DUE DATES, and I dont really like the alarms (come in on email, are not WITHIN Toodledo, so makes prioritising/organising task impossible)

2. Option to recur on 2nd Monday of month or similar. Again, really not that hard to code.... but for business tasks, meetings this is frequently how they are arranged.

Looking forward to an update on this subject.
fiona.c

Posted Jan 24, 2018 in: TAG disappears if not on active task...
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2018
OR at least allow a bigger field in the tag field so we CAN put all tags there as a 'place holder'.

Maybe another alternative is to have a "on/off" box in the tag listing. Users can choose to 'keep' a tag showing, or not.
Then I'd be happy as i'd tick ON for all tags; and CJD would be happy as he could select "OFF" for tags he's finished with.
Extra step for both of us (me for new tags, CJD for old tags) but I dont imagine they need to be changed too often, not a big deal.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2018
Richard,

THANK YOU - these two documents are some of the most valuable reading I've ever done.
I've created a new toodledo folder "LIFE LEADERSHIP" to manage the 'project' that these documents have spelled out step by step.
Thank you so much...

Would you please update the links inside the Startup Guide (esp the one on page 9 for the repeating tasks). These obviously (?) reference the old files/dropbox and are 'file not found'. There is another thread also asking for this file/link.

Thank you so much for this amazing work.
fiona.c

Posted Jan 20, 2018 in: Task in Multiple Folders
Score: 11
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2018
  • Score: 11
Tags Rule...
Per my separate post, we need a way to KEEP THEM ALIVE, when not actively being used.

Readers of this posting.. please 'LIKE' this post to ask for TAGS TO BE KEPT and not 'dropped off'.
More "votes" apparently is the only way to bump this up the Toodledo development list...

This message was edited Jan 20, 2018.
fiona.c

Posted Jan 19, 2018 in: TAG disappears if not on active task...
Score: 2
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2018
  • Score: 2
AGGHHHH, I cant even add all my tags to ONE post... it tops out after about six tags.

Seriously, Jake, this needs to be fixed or you are throwing away one of the most power parts of computers - its ability to sort quickly and efficiently if tagged properly. Have the universe is running on #tags today...

Please, prioritise this.
fiona.c

Posted Jan 19, 2018 in: TAG disappears if not on active task...
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2018
BUT I DO NEED THEM!!!!!

And I really really want to ensure they are all spelled the same way. For example, I thought I had a #garden or was that #gardening tag. But when I went to select it, ALL GONE. So I went with the short one and then had to do a search on both and change it so they were all the same!!!

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.
As a powerful sorting tool, it is ESSENTIAL they are spelt the same. To 'lose' them from the list just because no ACTIVE tag has it, (even if completed tasks have it) is WRONG.

Please, fix this.
(meanwhile, thank you Purveyor, I'll do just that! But as you say, CLUMSY as you ahve to go add new tags periodically or they too disappear... sigh.)
fiona.c

Posted Jan 05, 2018 in: TAG disappears if not on active task...
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2018
Hi,

I've just noticed today that if a TAG isnt attached to an active task, it disappears from my task list. Completed tasks retain the old tag, but when I want to click to add it to a new task.... ITS GONE!

Yes, I can add it back in, but that requires typing versus quick click. AND is prone to spelling errors (so then fails to be found in my saved searches).

I'm guessing its some sort of 'active tag' feature but its NOT helpful. Please 'fix'.

regards
Fiona
fiona.c

Posted Jan 05, 2018 in: ToodleDo Needs a Project Manager
Score: 4
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2018
  • Score: 4
I'm a long time user and I too get frustrated by the things I want not happening after many many years.

Perhaps... to make it more 'visible', you could publish a short list of possible upgrades for the next, say, 6 months, and USERS vote on these and the top one gets done. Even if you dont think its a 'top' priority?

I'm with the others, I'm not sure your method of 'choosing' what to work on is best reflecting/serving users. IMHO.

I'm about to go through a 'revitalised' using of Toodledo, which has in the last 1-2years dropped down to a simple 'reminder' program for periodic bills and tasks. I'm HOPING to get back to actually using it to empower my day and manage the (long) lists of things I think about doing too. But thats where this 'functionality' comes in. (I'm about to post a problem with tags I've noticed today - they're disappearing!).

regards
Fiona
fiona.c

Posted Oct 15, 2016 in: Android sync so slow AND losing entries
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2016
Hi Jake
Ive created two tickets so far on this. The first closed after a useless statement re closing the app.
I created a 2nd ticket to follow up and just got a trite apology for the inconvenience!

I think its ticket 63807 - hard to multiscreen on mobile.

Would you have a look please as who ever is on support tickets is not actually looking at issue.
Thanks
Fiona

This message was edited Oct 15, 2016.
fiona.c

Posted Oct 11, 2016 in: Android sync so slow AND losing entries
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2016
More feedback - habits have lost several entries from yesterday. I generally do a few habits together and tick them off together. Especially meditation - I tick that I did it then I have a second 'habit' to the enter the duration.

So today, its lots the number (duration) again, and the next two ticks. Yet they were ticked at the same time as Meditation which is showing up.

I note that when I tick/enter, the habit is removed from the screen/list... so I think it reasonable for me to presume it has 'entered' when it does that. I'm guessing it is not necessarily storing or syncing the data at that point tho.

Really not happy - I would appreciate knowing if you have any idea what is going on as I cannot keep this up - checking (and remembering) yesterday's habit entries... and of course when things do go pear shaped and I forget for a day or two... I'll no idea what is right or not.

Totally destroys the habit-making chain concept and use. :-(((
fiona.c

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Android sync so slow AND losing entries
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2016
Hi Jake,

Still having problems. Lost a tick and a number that I KNOW I put i this morning. Deliberately staying off the desktop/online version but even the app alone seems to be having problems.

As mentioned before, it is EXTREMELY slow (compared to a while ago) in loading initial data when you open the app. Perhaps something to do with that?

I also do notice the 'number' field cops the loss more often that others. Something about how its stored? Or the app doesnt sync properly (still no gear wheel to force a sync on my screen).

So in summary, I really think its something in the app settings / sync behaviour. So it simply fails to sync properly/regularly and as it doesnt store the date locally, really easy for it to get lost 'along the way'.
fiona.c

Posted Sep 28, 2016 in: Android sync so slow AND losing entries
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2016
Yes I think this is an issue - HOWEVER... it is also losing them when entered on the web based site. They dont seem to 'update' or 'sync' automatically there either for an extended period. I have lost all of yesterday's ticks... yet I distinctly recall ticking them on the web/online page (not mobile). Today, they are gone.

Also, you didnt comment/address the issue of how long the app takes to download data now, on the mobile when I open. There doesnt appear to be anything saved locally anymore. Seriously, its so slow (5+sec to load data) I am looking at other apps. I'm not keen to change as this is always a headache; and I've loved Toodledo for a long time now. BUT... waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting every time I want to update a habit is not very habit supporting....
fiona.c

Posted Aug 14, 2016 in: Android sync so slow AND losing entries
Score: 2
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2016
  • Score: 2
Hi
I've noticed that when I open habits on my phone the habits come up blank (no history) then takes quite a while to download data. I could (&have) lived with this BUT it is also losing entries. Most days.

For example last night I ticked two habits as I did them. This morning both ticks missing and a star rating and a number entry from earlier in the day.

It's it a setting i need to change?
I have lost faith in the habit tab now because of this.
Tx Fiona
fiona.c

• fiona.c
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2016
Hi,

I have a folder which has parent tasks (with subtasks) and stand alone tasks in it.
For some reason, when I sort by parent/subtasks, I get some of the parent tasks (wtih their subtasks indented) at the top of the list under "parents", then I get "tasks" which are the stand alone ones, and then I get two more parent tasks with subtasks, grouped under 'Subtasks' heading.

I cant see any difference of note between the parent tasks sorted in the "Parents" section those sorted to the "Subtasks" section.

What I am missing?

Tx
Fiona
fiona.c

Posted Jul 16, 2016 in: Android App Update v5.9.3
  • fiona.c
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2016
Just catching up on 'news' and see this update, which is now up to 6.0.0 according to my phone.

BUG: the "Habit" section now does not remember what you have entered previously and seems to require internet/download every time it opens. So it is incredibly slow to update.

ALSO I seem to be losing data regularly since this update (ie tick boxes in mobile version yesterday, and today, showing nothing).

I'll watch it carefully now I know there was an update... see if I can nail what happens. But the slow thing, thats just plain annoying.
fiona.c

• fiona.c
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2016
YES! +1 for saved searches on android. I am gradually getting a good workflow going but it is severely limited by the lack of saved searches on mobile (android). Means mobile mostly relegated to habit tracking. ????
fiona.c

• fiona.c
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2016
PS had tried turning mobile data on for an hour too - it didnt help, so not just a wifi problem perhaps? Although I didnt turn the wifi off so dont know if it would have tried both channels or not. Perhaps will try later.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next