ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Aamy"
Aamy

Score: 0
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2011
  • Score: 0
Previously, I posted this question in the wrong forum (third-party applications). Reposting it!
------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my Appigo Todo-Toodledo sync diagnostic log reveals that my Toodledo account is misinterpreted wrongly as a free account instead of a pro plus account. And this is making my appigo todo app to sync only my subtasks (and tasks without subtasks).

The appigo todo has redirected me to Toodledo stating that this issue is at your end. Can you plz help me with this!

Thank you
Aamy

• Aamy
Thanks PeterW. Apparently, now, I can see only "Reset Synchronization Data" as Advanced Synchronization options in Appigo Todo. Not sure if that option is gone. But when i clicked on the sync icon on the bottom left, it gave me options - either to Replace, Merge or Reset. I guess the Merge is equivalent to the Perform full sync. Trying it now.

Thank you, I will post this in the Questions section. Cheers!
Aamy

• Aamy
Hi, my Appigo Todo-Toodledo sync diagnostic log reveals that my Toodledo account is misinterpreted wrongly as a free account instead of a pro plus account. And this is making my appigo todo app to sync only my subtasks (and tasks without subtasks).

The appigo todo has redirected me to Toodledo stating that this issue is at your end. Can you plz help me with this! Thank you
Aamy

Posted Jul 14, 2011 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
Score: 1
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2011
  • Score: 1
Hi all,

I made it happen... My XSL transforming my Toodledo XML export into eight OPML files (one file for each folder). The OPML files are universal standards for mind-mapping applications and its terrific importing them into iMindmap and brainstorm (in presentation mode).

My next step is to build a simple Java application which will use these XSL, connect directly to Toodledo via its API and produce me these OPML files, which will save me some of the current manual effort/time.

joelhfx, I guess freemind also does import OPML format. Good luck with it.

I wish Toodledo do consider improving their UI to support a mind-mapping view for filtered project(s)/tasks. Would be awesome.

Only drawback is that my mind-maps are only 3 levels deep, which is still alright, since I don't want to dwelve too deeper into any task/project.

Even though mind-maps are a very different subject altogether (its purpose, principle), I would love to see Todo applications and Mind-mapping being integrated which would be a wonderful thing in terms of innovative fun planning.

I know MLO does support this feature with a MindManager plug-in.
Aamy

Posted Jun 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
Score: 3
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2011
  • Score: 3
Hi all,

I found some previous discussions (locked due to age) around using mindmap for GTD. Very interesting.

I find it very hard to brainstorm ideas and plan project or even organise tasks in textual mode. Once I open toodledo and look at my big list and go one by one, I start getting bored after processing around 10 tasks. I think mindmaps might be very useful here. I\'m using iMindmap (damn costly) at the moment.

My plan is to build couple of xsl stylesheets that can transform my Toodledo xml export into multiple opml extracts. For eg, one of my xsl stylesheet will be aimed at daily planning. This will pick and convert only tasks that were completed yesterday, starred list, focused project tasks etc into opml files. Note that the final opml file will have only task names and not other fields (it will ignore scheduling details, notes etc). But the format will have three hierarchies - folder/tasks/subtasks.

Now, I will import this opml format into iMindmap and run the same as a presentation. It will be awesome. In 3D mode, it will just go through each task (centered at my big screen) folder by folder. And I can brainstorm follow-up tasks etc from it.

I haven\'t decided what are the different extracts that I\'m going to use and how but it will include minimum extracts for daily & weekly reviews/planning.

Finally I might pack all the stylesheets into a package and use the Toodledo api and by-pass the manual xml extracting and transformation activity.

Will keep you guys posted on how it works out.

Anyone ever tried bridging Toodledo and any Mindmap applications? Would be great to hear if someone has tried this earlier.

Thanks & Regards
Aamy :-)
Aamy

• Aamy
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2011
Hi all,

Just came across a shell script to automatically extract Toodledo xml periodically without manual intervention.

http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/blog/category/tech-tips/

Might need some tweaks. And I guess for windows, a similar batch script should work fine. Have anybody tried it in the past?

Thanks & Regards
Aamy
Aamy

Posted Jun 20, 2011 in: XML Schema
  • Aamy
Thank you. Shouldn't be a problem. Cheers!
Aamy

Posted Jun 20, 2011 in: XML Schema
  • Aamy
Hi,

Will you be able to share the XML Schema to check if my import xml file is valid. I might frequently import tasks/subtasks from xml file. Would be great if you could advice me with the XML Schema.

Many Thanks.
Regards
Aamy
Aamy

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: account expiry?!?!? NOOOO!
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
My apologies, I upgraded to Pro Plus from Pro account, poor memory, I thought I actually subscribed for another extra year which was wrong. I'm extending my subscription. Thanks for the clarification. Cheers!
Aamy

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: account expiry?!?!? NOOOO!
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
Hi, I have a pro account and its not suppose to expire for another year. Now its showing that its expired. And most important of all, it has flattened my Tasks/Subtasks into one level. Please kindly restore this and advice me about my account. I'm using the website everyday.. Shocked. Thanks.
Aamy

Posted Sep 02, 2010 in: Files - This Connection is Untrusted
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2010
Why am I getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" when I try to download my files?
Aamy

Posted Jun 12, 2009 in: Appigo Todo - Toodledo Sync Issue
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2009
LOL LOL,

Update#2

In Appigo Todo Sync Settings,

Step 1: Switch Services to the Appigo Sync (for desktop) - Clears connection information for the current sync service, which is Toodledo

Step 2: Finished full sync with my desktop with Appigo sync application

Step 3: Switch Services back to Toodledo, now perform Full Sync - Successfully synhed - Happy ending! :-)

Step 4: I'm sitting confused what are all these funny workarounds!

But, still the issue with wifi exists (perfect sync works only with 3G in my iPhone). The wifi sync gives the same lost connection issue. But, at least my Toodledo is recovered. Good that I had my tasks backed up in Appigo Todo. But anyway, Toodledo did recover all my tasks but I wanted to start fresh from my iPhone data.

Moral of the Story - Its a funny day! No moral, Period!
Aamy

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Appigo Todo - Toodledo Sync Issue
  • Aamy
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
No network issue Anders, I tried in other connections - my frnd's home and using 3G. Are you using subtasks in appigo todo. Is your tasks getting synched right without the Invalid Parent issue? Thanks.

I might consider that as a network issue if it happened only with wifi, but its happening even when I sync with 3G. I don't think it might be a coincidence becoz both my 3G and wifi are different service providers :-( Bad day for me.
Aamy

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Appigo Todo - Toodledo Sync Issue
Score: -1
  • Aamy
  • Score: -1
Funny thing happened this morning. The toodledo's context page (only the context page) was dead for me. Later, it worked fine after some hours. I don't know why this ever happened.

May be Toodledo Issue:
-------------------------------

One more thing I noticed - When I used my broadband wifi in my iphone and do a "Perform Full Sync" with Appigo Todo, I got the following error (in the sync log) stating:

Syncing Contexts
parseXMLFileAtURL returned error: lost network connection
syncContexts - no contexts found on server
SyncTasksToServer found 455 local tasks needing sync
parseXMLFileAtURL returned error: lost network connection
Failed to update Task on server: ************** (task name)
... (the above error repeated for a couple of tasks)

Okay, the above issue is when I do a full sync from appigo todo with wifi connection in my iphone. This issue was there for quite a long time, i didn't care to post it to either appigo todo or toodledo, since the sync was perfect when I used 3G instead of wifi. I have reasons to believe this issue is toodledo based becoz, i got a similar error log when I used the ToodledoSync application (in an entirely different broadband connection and on the desktop, not in my iphone!) and the error log was specific to Context and losing connection.

May be Appigo Todo Issue:
-----------------------------------

But from today morning, when I used 3G and did the perform full sync from appigo todo, I'm getting the following error in the sync log

SyncTasksToServer found 455 local tasks needing sync
Error editing tasks: Invalid Parent
Failed to update Task on server: ******* (taskname)
(the above last two lines repeated for some tasks before it ended)

I'm posting this to both Appigo todo and Toodledo's forums, since the losing connection and context issue may be toodledo based, but the later issue is of course appigo todo based or may be both have something to contribute.

I can clearly see that Appigo todo's Sync is trying to do the most stupid thing - try to sync the subtasks before syncing their parent tasks. I don't understand why their sync could be so much crappy when its simple logic that the parent tasks should be synched before the subtasks. FYI, I'm a Toodledo Pro user.

Any help will be appreciated a lot. Many Thanks.

Affly Aamy :-)
Aamy

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Context page dead
  • Aamy
Cool, thxs for ur reply guys, not the page is working fine for me. I don't know why this was happening.
Aamy

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Context page dead
  • Aamy
Anybody getting the following error in your browser when you open http://www.toodledo.com/contexts.php (the context page)... ???

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
Aamy

• Aamy
  • Posted: May 30, 2009
Hi all,

It was working fine for quite some times. But now seems like contexts are getting into some kind of problem during the sync, visible apparently from the following log.

Can someone help me out regarding this.

Affly Aamy :-)

---------------

SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib: checkAndUpdateContextCache() checking context cache
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : SynchLib:updateFolderCache() refereshing context cache
SyncApp.exe Information: 0 : ToodleProxy: Auth token is 0.09 minutes old, 229.91 remaining
ToodledoClientLib Information: 0 : ToodleClientLib:sendHttpRequest:Request=[http://api.toodledo.com/api.php?method=getContexts;key=053c e00a853b086e74ce9f5bda28f033]
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error requesting URL The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
SyncApp.exe Error: 0 : Error during synchronization: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
at ToodledoClientLib.HTTPUtil.sendHTTPRequest(String url)
at ToodledoClientLib.ToodledoProxy.getContextsXML()
at ToodledoClientLib.ToodledoProxy.getContexts()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.updateContextCache()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.checkAndUpdateContextCache()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.performIncrementalSynch()
at SynchLib.SyncTool.synchronizeTasks()
at SyncApp.frmMain.performSync()
Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Some suggestions for the iPhone screen
  • Aamy
  • Posted: May 25, 2009
[Deleted for cross posting in over a dozen topics. Please stay on topic and don't spam.]

This message was edited May 25, 2009.
Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Which iPhone app?
  • Aamy
[Deleted for cross posting in over a dozen topics. Please stay on topic and don't spam.]

Aamy

Posted May 25, 2009 in: Firefox Add-on Version Number
  • Aamy

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next