ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by daveparkinson"
daveparkinson

Score: 0
I have been a paying user for several years.

I'm really tired of iOS devices being treated as first class citizens in the ToodleDo app universe. And Android devices being an after thought.

Saved searches as per https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/17770/0/ios-app-version-31-saved-search.html have been available on iOS devices since August 2013.

Yet this forum post: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/19662/0/saved-search-sync-to-android-app.html ... indicates in October of 2014... "Yes, this item is on our to-do list for a future update. However, it's against our policy to comment on time frames."

So ... might you be able to have some semblance of feature parity and bring at least viewing saved searches to Android nearly three years after it's been available for iOS devices?

You can see I'm certainly not the only one asking: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/18580/5/toodledo-android-app.html

I have also found it impossible to search by tag via the app which makes tagging tasks that are errands, with the incredibly creative 'errands' tag does not help me when I'm not in front of my computer and instead on the go, trying to accomplish said errands (without an iPhone, which I'm sure already has this feature).

How much longer should paying customers anticipate having to wait for this simple feature parity? 5 years? 10 years?

Please do inform us so that I can make my determination whether or not to renew my subscription when it next expires.

Best regards,
A Paying Customer

This message was edited Jun 29, 2016.
daveparkinson

Hi there;

Running ubuntu 11.10 64 bit with latest Google Chrome (Google Chrome 15.0.874.121).

* No tasks appear
* Can't post a new topic in forum
* Can't create a support ticket

It's broken really bad on Google Chrome. This has just happened today; it didn't happen yesterday. Is it a common issue?

Best,
David
daveparkinson

Posted Oct 24, 2011 in: I can't rename folders
I have a folder called "ps-samerica" and i want to rename it to "ps-travel". I clicked "edit folders" then tried to rename it. I hit save; and it immediately reverts to previous name.

running google chrome on ubuntu 11.10 64 bit version. how can i rename folders???
daveparkinson

It seems like the OR clause doesn't work with tags.
daveparkinson

Also doing a new search for:

Saved search called "wk2" with criteria:
Checked Off: NO

AND
| Tag contains weeklyc
AND
| Tag contains wk2

=====================
Yields no results when expected result is supposed to yield Task1 and Task2
daveparkinson

Task 1: tagged with "weeklyc, wk2"
Task 2: tagged with "wk2, weeklyc"

Saved search called "wk2" with criteria:
Checked Off: NO
AND
Tag contains weeklyc, wk2
OR
Tag contains wk2, weeklyc

=========
Saved search returns Task 1 but not Task 2.
Expected result; saved search returns both Task 1 and Task 2.
=========

Am I doing this wrong? Is there any info on how to search tags so I can find groupings of tags in any order? For instance I was hoping to find all tasks that contained BOTH "weeklyc" and "wk2" no matter WHERE in the tags they occur.
daveparkinson

Score: 5
It seems like I can only have one sort criteria per view. For example if I have several saved searches, there is ONE and only ONE sort logic applied to all sorting views.

Is there instead a way to have a different sort criteria per view within Search?

I would assume that this is the way the other views work. I.e. for folder, due date, etc tabs there is only one sort per "Section".

It would seem that the ability to have different sort views would be pretty awesome and useful.
daveparkinson

I would love to ditch JoesGoals and use ToodleDo to track recurring tasks... But I really need to know to measure how many times I've accomplished a given task. Is there ANY WAY to do this? Or no?

If not, it would be MY BIGGEST FEATURE REQUEST! :)

Best,
David
daveparkinson

I would really like to sort by different criteria for each custom search I do. It seems like sorting is tied to the view (Folder, Due Date, All Tasks, etc...) and not the sub item (particular Folder, particular Search).

I'd really like this!