Tolli

Posted: May 06, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by d.call:
Two items that would be extremely useful:
1) Saved Searches visible in app
2) Lists viewable in app.

Thanks!

Yes, please make the lists available. I find myself hopelessly stumbling around in the grocery store without the accessibility of the lists feature... ;)

Is there some sort of bug-tracking/feature-tracking where (paying) members can vote?
rbendett

Posted: May 06, 2014
Google Now "Note to self" causes Toodledo Android beta version to give a stopped working message after it is selected.
SES21

Posted: May 08, 2014
Posted by UgoMars:
...snip...

One thing is really bothering me: I cannot sync manually. I'm being told I need to turn on auto-sync even if I want to sync manually, and it doesn't make sense to me. Most apps can sync manually without having auto-sync on.

I don't want to turn auto-sync on as it's a battery hog. I have a battery app that decides on the sync frequency according to what I want and turning auto-sync defeats that.

...Snip...

Not sure how your battery app works but this idea may be of help. Go to Android's Settings, Accounts & Sync, Toodledo, uncheck Tasks then get out of that. Now go into Toodledo, tap the vertical ellipsis, tap Refresh. I'm pretty sure that should get you a manual sync. Another alternative would be to go into Toodledo's Settings, Sync Frequency & set it to something like 6 hours & just use Refresh if you want it to sync sooner. HTH
tsinvest

Posted: May 13, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Any way to turn that triangle off so it doesn't display in task list?
AA

Posted: May 17, 2014
Thank you for the many major improvements and fixes in the most recent version from today. I especially appreciate the new 2-column view on Android tablets (looks very nice!), the display of task totals for the various views, as well as the fix with the correct alarm time now being displayed (summer time 1-hour offset is no longer getting in the way).

However, I can still see a major issue with Toodledo on my LG G2 mobile phone: there is still no way to set a task's alarm time there. On the wider screen of my Nexus 7, I get the opportunity to set or adjust the alarm time for any task, but not so on LG G2. Both devices are running the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2. On LG G2, all I can see is the alarm time already set for a task elsewhere (on the website, in an iOS app, or on Nexus 7), but whenever I edit a task on LG G2, all I get to see is the date picker. The alarm time picker, which on the Nexus 7 displays to the right side of the date picker, is completely missing on LG G2, both in portrait and landscape orientation, so that on LG G2, I can neither set nor adjust an already existing alarm time.

Please, fix this. Thank you.
ykphuah

Check that you have "Due Time" enabled in the Fields Used settings.
doubledipper99

Thanks for the Android Toodledo app! It is generally excellent, but I have noticed a couple of things that are worse in this new update.

I have to press three times to input a task. Once to open a task, once on Title and then it makes me tap in the box to enter text. That is a waste of time. If I have opened Title, surely I would like edit it, so the keyboard should open, too. The previous version of the app was better: I clicked on Title and the keyboard opened. The same thing happens when entering tags.

Also, the tags now list every combination of tag I have previously entered which is not how most people use the app. For example, I have a 'travel' tag, but when I start typing travel it gives me 'baby, health, travel' (I had to get an insurance card for my baby) and I am forced to scroll down to find travel. Again, a waste of time. Perhaps the single tag should be first?

Lastly, the spacing of the check box and titles is weird. They are too close together and not lined up.

Apart from that, thanks for an excellent app!
doubledipper99

Also, forgot to mention that the previous version of the app used to return to the same point in the list once you had finished editing a task. The new version of the app sends me back to the top of the list. Again, a time waster, as I have to search for where I was.
AA

Posted by ykphuah:
Check that you have "Due Time" enabled in the Fields Used settings.

Thank you, that did it. I must have enabled that on Nexus 7 a long time ago, and forgot about it.
gtrevor

Posted: May 18, 2014
On the new version on the notes section when you go to enter text it now defaults to the bottom of the note rather than the top of the note like the previous version..

Please can this be amended back (or give this as an option) as when you are viewing the note it always shows the top first, so I also want to edit the top first...

Thanks!
Holtcoby_1399274719

Posted: May 20, 2014
Using an older Droid X (2.3.4), upgraded to the 5.2.3 (103) version, and it force closes every time I try to drop down the list on the top bar. Can't select any filtering categories/tags/priorities/etc. Reported twice now, hopefully the bug reports will help.

???
mpc_janssen

Posted: May 21, 2014
I love the way the app is shaping up. Finally a true translation of toodledo to the mobile. I do have a small cosmetic issue on my Galaxy Note II though (GT-N7100)

The checkboxes are too large. It's not a big deal, but it looks off. You can see an example at:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30895522/Toodledo-large-checkbox.png

This message was edited May 21, 2014.
AA

I admit I'm afraid to use this app for serious business at this point. Here are some of the issues I'm seeing:

1) The most serious issue, a dealbreaker for me: notes (in the Notes section; perhaps also notes attached to tasks) regularly get lost upon sync. Here is what I do: I open the Toodledo app, I perform a sync to make sure I'm synced with the server, and then I edit a note. After editing and saving the note, I perform a sync again, to make sure the changes are synced up to the server. But, after I then open the note again, all the changes I had made ARE GONE! I thought this was only happening accidentally to me, but it has just happened again a couple of times to me today. Some of the notes I entered in the app while on the go in the course of today, are lost irretrievably. I'm afraid I must stop using this app until this severe data loss issue is resolved. I have no problems with my Internet connection, and the app never warned me that the sync with the server was unsuccessful. Everything looked fine... except that the modifications I had made in the notes are lost. It doesn't happen every time -- it happens on and off. A particular edit might get synced with the server, and another edit might get lost. You just never know, and the app never warns you about unsuccessful syncs. And that's the worst thing about it: you just can't rely on the app at this point. I'm afraid I must revert to the regular website Toodledo for now, even on the tiny mobile phone screen. (I might give the mobile Toodledo site a try, but that used to be extremely buggy as well.)

2) Search in the app does not seem to work properly. I rarely if ever find the tasks I'm looking for, based on the search terms entered, even when searching under "All Tasks". I have enabled all the types of tasks I wish to see, yet the search often comes up empty for me in the app. The same search with the same keywords in the iOS Toodledo app yields the expected results.

3) The newly introduced total tasks counts are off. If, say, my Hotlist has 11 items on the website, the Android app frequently claims there are 14 items in the Hotlist. It includes some tasks there that are not included in the Hotlist on the website. Isn't the Hotlist supposed to be 100% identical everywhere? Again, the iOS Toodledo app is always perfectly synchronised with the task counts on the website, but not so the Android app. I can find no way to bring the Android app and the website fully in sync, in terms of task counts.

This message was edited May 21, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry that you are having trouble using the app. We had several dozen beta testers using the app for about a month and did not encounter problems 1 or 2. I will try to reproduce your issues and see what I can find.

One note, if you have changed your hotlist settings in your account settings on this website, the Android app cannot yet pick that up which is why your hotlists aren't matching 100%. We are working on this.
AA

Posted: May 22, 2014
Thank you for the reply, Jake. I haven't touched my Hotlist settings anywhere for at least a couple of years, I think, so that shouldn't be the reason.

As to notes: I forgot to mention that what also frequently happens is that they may get duplicated after using the Toodledo app on Android. Just this morning, I discovered one of those notes I was editing on-the-go yesterday, duplicated in my notes section. The title of the note was identical, and the content of it seemed 100% identical, too (it's a long note, so I'm not quite sure). So, I deleted one of the two notes, to restore the former state in the notes section. The trouble is, this has been happening repeatedly for me – with notes getting duplicated after editing them in the Toodledo app on Android. It typically happens when editing notes on-the-go using my 3G connection rather than WiFi, so I suppose that the sync with the server fails in some of those situations. The trouble is, the Toodledo app on Android doesn't warn when there is a failed sync. On iOS, you get a warning when the connection to the server failed, or if the sync did not succeed. Also, these issues have never occurred for me in the iOS app, with notes getting duplicated, edits getting lost upon sync, etc., so I don't think it's about my 3G connection which is pretty stable generally.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
targheauto

Score: 1 Reference
Is there a way to turn off the newly introduced 2-columns layout on tablets, returning to the simple layout?
On 7-inches tablets it comes out rather crammed ...
Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
rbendett

Posted: May 23, 2014
In would be nice to have an option for the app to sync on open and close.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 23, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.