ForumsNewsToodledo for iOS downgraded

Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
We received a lot of complaints about our 3.0 update to our iOS app, so we made the decision to reverse everyone to the previous version while we regroup and figure out what went wrong. This is available now as an upgrade. If you like the new design, don't upgrade and you can keep it.

App Store

If you have given us a poor review on the App Store, please consider changing your review to reflect the current state of the app. Negative reviews are tremendously hurtful to our app revenue, which means less resources to keep improving it. Good reviews really do help. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release.
Colin

Score: 3 Reference
Just updated the APP and it's a relief to see the old layout back - I really missed it - it's like having an old friend back.

I expect this has been suggested before but I would like to be able to drag my tasks into the order in which I intend doing them. At the moment I use the Goals workaround - but dragging would be much better.

Regards ... Colin McKenzie
pjlewis

Thanks Jake. This is a bold and worthwhile step. The old version works for a lot of people.
Shawn Elliott

Score: 5 Reference
I understand but I liked the new layout and can't wait for it (or the compromise version) to return. I was using it for adding tasks as it was finally on par with the ease of email import on my phone.

Thanks for all you do and know your appreciated.
Sarge

Score: 2 Reference
I updated my app which reverted to older version, but I liked the new version. Can I reload the "new" version?
Steve_1354340810

Score: 7 Reference
I found the upgrade a big improvement and will be keeping it. I sure hope you guys are sorting the real usability issues (associated with the upgrade to V3) from the typical "I hate it 'cos it's different" gripes that always accompany a significant UI change!

I also hope that you resolve this quickly. I can no longer just click 'Update All' and instead have to select each App to update individually for fear of accidentally reverting to the old Toodledo UI. With a handful of App updates each day multiplied by various devices this will quickly become a pain.
Joyce

Very happy to see it! My hide future task works again and the app functions smoothly Honestly? this is the better of the two layouts, I compared them briefly before I sync'ed my iPad and the old layout is easier on the eyes and I stronglu encourage you to stay with it and add features to it, not the grey build.

Thank you again!
Jim_11

Kudos for being willing to make such a step. While I actually liked the new interface I'm clearly in the minority and when a company steps up and takes responsibility that gets my attention! I look forward to the upcoming updates
Thanks again
chris_1316468392

Hey guys,

A few quick words of feedback:

+1 for having the willingness to roll back to a previous version if that's what people wanted! I know too many people who would have said "This is the new version; deal with it." Refreshing to see you listen to your customers so well.

Having said that...

I liked the new design on iPad; it somehow managed to fit more into a display at once, and I also liked how much faster I could navigate between folders. One thing bugged me, though - if I was looking at 'Today', and then came back the next day, it would still show that day's tasks, without refreshing the screen. I had to go look at tomorrow, then back to today, to make it refresh "today". I like how the old version refreshed the current folder on opening the app.

While the new design was good on iPad, I find it hard to use on iPhone. I still see more at once, which I like (such as the small-font folders, repeat status, date under the title - great addition, btw). I suppose the biggest thing that feels awkward is how badly it cuts off button titles - especially if using a non-English interface. The button for Add Task for example doesn't grow, and you see "Aggiung...tivita".

Whichever version you decide to stick with I'll still be a happy user. This is easily the best (read: only) todo manager for my way of thinking.

Thanks!
JP

Sounds like I'm the odd man out, but so far I like the new interface.

But no matter what happens in the revised new version, I'm sure it will be good.
helillourenco

Thanks for the downgrade, I really regard this as a respectable, bold move. As I stated before, the app could use a redesign, but I believe the main reaction came from losing function - not colors and fonts here and there. I am also re-reviewing my rating at the appstore and hope this straighten the relations between developers and users.
MILO_1355313194

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by helillourenco:
Thanks for the downgrade, I really regard this as a respectable, bold move. As I stated before, the app could use a redesign, but I believe the main reaction came from losing function - not colors and fonts here and there. I am also re-reviewing my rating at the appstore and hope this straighten the relations between developers and users.

+1.

Thanks Toodledo! I tried using Reminders in ios during this 'grey' period and while I could make Reminders work for my "plain vanilla" GTD, the lack of auto sorting was just a pain. Numerous clicks to add task details too.

I love TD because I can keep the UI clean, syncs flawlessly, and makes full use of screen real estate, while keeping everything elegant.

Thanks guys!
BoginBob

DOWNGRADE ISSUE
Appreciate the downgrade and reviewing feedback.
When I implemented the upgrade (downgrade) the content was Chinese and English but the theme was the old theme.
Please offer suggestions to convert to all English
barakhyahu

Would it be possible to chose which interface? I was warming up to the new interface.
geodyrocks

Love the new interface. Still want the ability to assign sub tasks to tasks within the app. But the interface is much cleaner and intuitive.
brianpratt

Add me to the list of people who liked the new interface a lot!

Unfortunately, I don't want to deal with "not upgrading" to the reverted UI, since I wouldn't be able to "update all" of my apps at once.

Thanks for all the updates you guys make!
Martys To Do

I think the new interface will work well with the planned improvements and focus on functiionality.
Thank you for being so very responsive to the feedback and continue to produce the very best product of its kind.
jaycarter

Posted: Dec 12, 2012
I like the new upgrade also. I'm also updating other apps individually so I don't get downgraded. Do we really have to revert? Keep up the good work!

Jay
thomas.hedrich

Thanks, Jake!!! I think it wasn't easy for You to receive such massive critics for the update. You've spend a lot of time to make the toodledo app better and it came out that the result wasn't better but worse. But You showed us that the needs of the users are more important for You than the own point of view. Thanks for the ability to correct an error and of course thanks for the great app! I really love it. (Sorry for my poor english)
aether

Very important proposal
Please provide two forks of Toodledo as separate apps available in the App Store.
This would address the huge need for the old layout which has been appraised by numerous medias as perfect example of good usability and wich also blend perfectly to the iphone usability. It is easy to understand how to interact with the app.
And also provide the new app layout as a separate app. So you can better differentiate the customer criticism and feedback coming from these two groups of "layout"people.
Why not provide a Toodledo Classic 3.0 app, and a Toodledo Advanced App?

This message was edited Dec 12, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.