ForumsNewsToodledo Mac Menu Bar App

Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
Fredster

Posted: Mar 10, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any update with this? Something that Toodledo does in their programming for their mobile site prevents connections from working sometimes. It's not a cookie issue, this is the only site that I have trouble with. The regular website and iOS app work fine, it's only these desktop tools.
Douglas McClure

Posted: Mar 10, 2014
Thank you!
coder42

Posted: Apr 23, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I'm also experiencing the same problem. OSX 10.9.2 and on first install nothing happens when you click on "Sign In" button ... close the app and reopen it and it says "Connecting..." and then you get "Could not load data from Toodledo.com"

I can connect without any issues to the web site on the same MacBook. And my iPhone and iPad can connect using the iOS app. Everything is on the same WiFi network.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 23, 2014
Please try the update that we made available today and let us know if you still have trouble.
Heathy65

Posted: Apr 24, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,
I've just tried both versions of the app (from your site and also the AppStore) and I see the login/password page now. Unfortunately after entering my userid & password when I press "Sign In" nothing happens :-(
Cheers Ian
mco

Posted by Jake:
Please try the update that we made available today and let us know if you still have trouble.

Still hangs with the message "Connecting".
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Which version of the Mac OS are you running?
rjvnyc

Posted: Apr 26, 2014
I am having a similar problem with the Toodledo Menubar under Mavericks using the prior and newly released (Apr 2014) update.

I get the message: No Toodledo web site access! Count to ten and open this window again.

(Perhaps needless to say, counting to ten and reopening does nothing except create frustration!).

Suggestions?
mco

Posted: Apr 27, 2014
Posted by Jake:
Which version of the Mac OS are you running?

10.9.2 2013 MBA
reesd

Posted: Apr 27, 2014
I am seeing the same problem with 1.1 Toodledo Mac App and OSX 10.9.2. I click SIgn In and nothing happens. I can login just fine in Chrome, Safari, TaskUnifier, and 2Do.

Nothing in the console either. Is there a logging we can turn on and share?
slateboy

Posted: Apr 28, 2014
any news or expected date for the alarm notification for the mac desktop addon?
This would be great!
or is there a way to combine tasks with icloud or the mac's tasks app?
thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 28, 2014
We have not been able to reproduce this problem which makes it difficult for us to solve. We'll keep trying. If anyone has a clue, please let us know. Perhaps it is a conflict with some other software or menubar app that you are running. Sorry for the inconvenience.
rjvnyc

Posted: May 04, 2014
Hi Jake -

I do not know if this helps, but attempting to run the Menubar app always leads to the same error in the System.log (viewable in the Console).

This is the error:

May 4 10:41:04 Bobs-MacBook-Pro-SSD.local mDNSResponder[62]: ERROR: send_all(36) wrote -1 of 4 errno 32 (Broken pipe)

I hope this helps!

Bob
debratouhey

Hi Jake, I'm on an iPad and I complete items on my Windows desktop, yet they are not updating on the iPad. Any ideas why? (I'm a premium member.... )

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
rjvnyc

Posted: May 09, 2014
Hello all-

I am not sure what you have done - but the menubar (at least for me) is now working. I hope whatever has changed is helping everyone else as well.

Regards!
Bob
michi_cine

Posted: May 10, 2014
Hi there,

looks good, the menu bar app, and works fine on my MBP (17" 2011 10.9.2)...
I was wondering, whether alerts are available, or an implementation of Apple's "alert centre" (or whatever it's called in english GUI, have a German Mavericks version here... "Mitteilungszentrale") is planned, or already there?
Clicked around in the app, but didn't find it so far - personally I wouldn't mind paying some dollars for the app, if something like that is implemented.
The reason: on iPad + iPhone you get the alerts from apps, which makes sense - but on the Mac, I have to add it as a calendar in iCal, where it's not editable... So I used to edit it in Safari; but it'd be much more logical, if I can strip it from iCal and just use the app :-)

Cheers, Michiel
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 12, 2014
Alerts are not yet supported in the Mac app, but may be included in a future update.
kenohashi

Posted: Jul 17, 2014
Is there a way to keep my default settings for new tasks on the desktop app? it seems like the priority is defaulted to 'low' while I prefer 'medium', and I just cannot change it. Currently i end up inputing my new tasks on my iPhone or iPad while I am at my desk. Would be much convenient if aforementioned setting is possible on the desktop.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 17, 2014
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.