New Section: Lists
We are making really good progress on the update to the iOS app. Only the Tasks section is left to finish.
Posted by coolexplorer:
I agree that the TD compartmentalization / silos are preventing powerful use of the central Tasks module. Thank God for the in-line Notes in Tasks wherein one can make small notes, lists, etc.
If in a TD re-design Outlines, Lists and Habits and also Goals could be properly integrated into Tasks it would be much more powerful and more used.
Yes! I absolutely agree with this. That is probably my biggest frustration with TD...we have these wonderful modules Notes, Outlines, Lists and Habits and yet they are almost completely disconnected from the Tasks. There are so many ways these could be integrated! I'd love to be able to create a grand outline for a project and enable certain tasks in that outline show up in the Tasks module. I'd love to be able to create a Task that integrated a checklist or reading list from the List module. I'd love to be able to have select habits show up as tasks in the Task module at appropriate times. The notes module still isn't quite powerful enough to replace Onenote or Evernote, mostly for lack of better formatting options and it's really the only module I'm not quite clear how it would integrate with Tasks, but I know there are times where I'd like to see a summary of my projects including tasks, attachments and independent notes. TD's Task module is the absolute workhorse of task managers. These other modules should make that even more so once they're integrated. Without that integration, I pretty much ignore them.
Well put, jamezzz! I will never be using the Notes module, as One Note is my favourite, but outlines, lists and habits are hiding so much potential...
Any idea when the feature "Resetting Checkboxes in Lists" will be rolled out? This would be extremely useful for lists that I use over and over.
The biggest boost to Notes module would be the ability to sync notes with Dropbox or other services as plaintext files.
Posted: 10 hrs and 43 mins ago
Hi guys, newbie on the forum, but longtime TD and GTD user.
I'm participating both in the web beta and Android beta. This is about lists. I've searched around and hope not to get burned with something that came up 100 times, but:
Bug on Android App:
- Sorting does not work consistently. I've created a shopping list with four columns (title, qtd, category, done). Sorting by done - category - title doesn't order by any apparent criterion. It seems to work only when redrawing the screen/talking to server, after switching apps.
- Sorting icons are reversed. At least to a programmer, the down arrow means "descending", so Z-A. The result is A-Z.
- The back button is implemented very inconsistently. The left arrow will bring up the side menu instead of going back, and with the side menu expanded, "back" will not close it but navigate in the underlying application layer.
- on some screens, the Android back button cancels (adding an item to a list), on others it confirms (picking a category for a list item).
- A close button on the navigation drawer would be nice, instead of just clicking somewhere outside.
- It would be awesome if you could duplicate lists with their contents, not just the structure.
- integration of lists and tasks, as said above, would make lists 200% more useful!
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.