ForumsNewsNew Section: Lists

New Section: Lists
Tib

Posted: Sep 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

Thxs for this new feature.

The most usefull lists (for me) are checklists.
I tried to make a checkliste with it. I need to reset all checkbox (in a few click) before process a big checklist. So i can't use it yet for checkliste. Is it possible to have a global checkbox for all the checkboxs of a column ?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 25, 2013
Bulk editing is on our todo list for this, and I agree that it is an important feature for a checklist. In the meantime, what you can do is use the "clone" tool to clone a fresh checklist when you need to use it, then delete it when you are done, leaving the fresh checklist untouched.
yamaguchi.yspartner

Posted: Sep 27, 2013
Posted by Jake:
Today we are excited to take the covers off our latest addition to Toodledo:

Lists

This is an entirely new section on Toodledo; you'll see the tab for it at the top of the page. This new section is a place for you to make customizable lists for specific purposes. Use it like a spreadsheet or use it to create packing lists, dieting logs, or an address books. Make a list to remember your favorite restaurants, or keep an inventory of your coin collection. For each list, you can customize the number and type of columns, with more than 20 different column types to choose from: text, number, date, rating, price, etc.

We've been using this internally and with beta testers for a few months, and we've had really positive feedback. To get started, please check out our tutorial video and sample lists available inside the Lists section.

Lists can be also attached to tasks (if you have a Gold Subscription), so you can link your packing list to your vacation task, or link a list of addresses to your task for sending out party invitations. This makes it convenient to quickly jump from a task to the List that it references.

We hope that this new tool will help you be more organized and productive.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Hi Jake,

is there a way to change the text you see in a URL link used in lists?

I just want to see a simple word in the cell instead off something like:

http://www.itec.cat/bedecdades.e/minibedec.asp?Idioma=cas&Q=6&Codigo=BEGA11AA&Que=ON&De=1&IdIndx=und efined&IdConcepte=undefined&idbanc=0

Thank you
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
1973westgray

Posted: Oct 05, 2013
I was finally able to get the importing/exporting of a list to a csv file to work.

You mentioned in your 1st post that a list can be linked to a task, how do you do this?

Allan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 05, 2013
This will explain how to attach outlines, lists and notes.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/files.php

Scroll down to the "Attach Outlines..." section. I know it doesn't mention "Lists" yet because we forgot to update this page (doing that right now), but it works the same way.
vivendom.budget

Posted: Oct 07, 2013
Feature Request

Could you add the ability to group columns and lines in lists adding contract and expand funtions?

thanks !
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Raimo-GRMacGeek

Posted: Oct 10, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Love that you added lists - it brought me back to ToodleDo.

Question though - On long lists - is there anyway to see the column headings as you scroll downwards? I use a lot of checkboxes, and it would be nice if the headings would scroll as you moved down the list so I knew which checkbox matched which column.

thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2013

Thanks
Raimo-GRMacGeek

Posted: Oct 11, 2013
I figured out a little workaround - I am adding a "star" column to my lists and as I work on a row I add a star, and sort on that column - that way the current row I am working with will be at the top so I can see which entry is in which column.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2013.
dallaslu

Posted: Oct 12, 2013
just like excel?
networkgeekdennis

Posted: Oct 12, 2013
The LISTS feature is a great addition - Thank you! Until now I've been creating lists within the NOTES function. But now the dilemma is how to move my list items from NOTES into LISTS (give us an inch and we want a mile! ;->) Are there plans for a tool to move items between function tabs, or at least into the LISTS function? Any suggestions are welcome.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 13, 2013
We do not have plans to move items from the notes tab to the lists tab, but perhaps from other tabs. Your best bet is to copy and paste the note into Excel and then export from excel as CSV and then import into Lists. That should work.
betsys

Posted: Oct 13, 2013
Sounds great, won't be able to use it until it comes to iOS but looking forward to it!
Mats_1382015148

Posted: Oct 14, 2013
I can only second what others are saying...please bring lists to iOS app.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2013.
marius.eggerud

Posted: Oct 14, 2013
Score: 2 Reference
I just want to say: bring Toodledo to Android!
Linden

Posted: Oct 17, 2013
Currently, only gold subscribers can link lists to tasks. Are there any plans for list functionality for silver subscribers? I would like to automate my tasks/lists connections, but am otherwise happy at the silver level.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2013
Silver subscribers can do everything with lists that Gold can do with the exception of linking them to tasks. If you want to link them, you will need to upgrade to a Gold subscription.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.