ForumsNewsNew Section: Habits

New Section: Habits
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 11, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
As I use this more, I see this feature is already very powerful, but can be improved a lot to make it even more powerful.

I have a couple more suggestions related to reporting/statistics:

- optionally notion of target for the habit. for checkboxes this can be checkboxes in a row, for numbers such as weight this can be a number > or <, this can then be exploited in the statistics/reporting to indicate how close we are to target.

- +1 for better sorting of the inbox, would be nice if we could sort by the habit which has not been performed for the longest period of time.

- Would it be possible to have a notes icon (or something similar to what we have in tasks) so that we can add more detailed text information about the evolution. This could possibly be displayed as a mouseover on the habit title and when clicking on the icon to open and edit the notes.

shelby

This message was edited Jan 12, 2015.
Catherine_1293474330

Posted: Jan 11, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I've been enjoying getting to know habits (really keen for the iOS version to make it out of Apple's process so I can record my habits on the go!) but today one of my habits has disappeared! Not in the Inbox, not in Archived...
I'm guessing it's something to do with an update but since I run my life in Toodledo, it makes me very anxious when data disappears.

Any idea what has caused this?
Thanks
Franconius

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
The same happened to me: I had only one habit which was still there on friday and now it's gone.
balint.farkas

Score: 1 Reference
Ditto - I have 5 habits and none of them are in my inbox for today.

Results for previous days have been preserved without data loss, however.

Anyway, I love this Habits section, it's something I didn't even know I missed! :)
shelbyp

There seems to be a bug with "Needs Improvement" section. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't. It seems random and I can't reproduce it, I am guessing it should show when I click on dashboard. Actually this is basically equivalent to sorting the inbox as was suggested, so very useful to have it functional.

Posted by balint.farkas:
Anyway, I love this Habits section, it's something I didn't even know I missed! :)

Agree, this is a great example of thinking out of the proverbial box! I have been able to remove a considerable amount of clutter from my main todo list and move them into habits. Also gave me many ideas of things which can be tracked more systematically and simply.

shelby
Bruna Figueredo

Same here, I'm tracking 5 habits and none of them are in my inbox today. All previous data is still there, however. Hope it's a small bug.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If your habits are not showing up, please create a support ticket so we can investigate.
AA

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Habits in the iOS app are finally here. Hooray!

But, the "Needs Improvement" section really has nothing to do with reality, as detailed above under 20). It absolutely doesn't highlight those Habits for me that do need improvement. That section simply seems broken; I've never seen it display any useful/correct data, but it seems to be randomly displaying just any Habit in which I failed to make a record yesterday, although that's no big deal, really, in the grand scheme of things.

PS: Just like in the Android tablet app, though less severely so, I find the column listing the Habits to be too narrow on the iPad in portrait orientation. Too many Habits have their titles cut off due to the column being so narrow. In contrast, the right-hand column seems too luxuriously, unnecessarily wide. It is ironic that in this respect, the desktop version of Habits, when viewed in a regular web browser in portrait orientation on the iPad, offers a better layout than the dedicated iOS/Android app.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2015.
and78386

Posted: Jan 16, 2015
Posted by shfl:
For what it's worth, it would have been good to see this integrated into tasks instead of a stand-alone feature. In my mind, all habits are tasks.

And notes. It is good to see progress on habits, but without a feature for note-taking by day (why a habit was/wasn't achieved), this is good for explaining the 'what' but not the 'why'.

+1000 on that.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2015.
Salgud

Score: 2 Reference
I disagree about habits being tasks. I don't enter my habits into my task manager. Why would I? I already to them automatically. So brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and cleaning the kitchen are not on my tasks list, and until I start forgetting to do them, won't be.
hortos157

Is the habits feature on the mobile app? If so how do I get it to show up?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Habits is in both our Android and IOS app. You can also access it from any mobile browser by going to habits.toodledo.com
AA

Posted by Salgud:
I disagree about habits being tasks. I don't enter my habits into my task manager.

I agree that I find the separation between Tasks and Habits to be useful. I do consider my Habits to be "tasks" – just too trivial/repetitive tasks, typically (like your "brushing teeth" example), to be entered in my main Tasks interface, cluttering it unnecessarily.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2015.
eric.bromey

Posted: Jan 17, 2015
Hello,

I have the version 5.6.1 on both my tablet and my mobile but can not find the habits section. I have a tasks section and a notes section but no habits section. Is the a trick to get it activate ?

Best regards
Eric
AA

No trick needed, just scroll down the left-hand slide-out menu a bit in the Android app... Below the Tasks and Notes section, there are also Outlines and Habits.
theodorekaouk

I downloaded the mobile app today so that I could start using the habits section. Now, though, my task due dates are off by one day. Tasks due on the 18th (tomorrow) show up in the today tab, etc. The clock on the iphone is correct and I have no similar issues with other apps. On the browser, task due dates in toodledo show up correctly. Ideas?
pcammall

Posted by theodorekaouk:
I downloaded the mobile app today so that I could start using the habits section. Now, though, my task due dates are off by one day. Tasks due on the 18th (tomorrow) show up in the today tab, etc. The clock on the iphone is correct and I have no similar issues with other apps. On the browser, task due dates in toodledo show up correctly. Ideas?

I am having the same problem since the Toodledo v3.2.9 update (App Store).

Alarm notifications for tasks still work on my device, and tapping on "View Details" when I receive a notification does indeed take me to the task. However, the task count is way off each day for Today's tasks, most likely caused by task due dates' being off by one day.

Synching with a third-party app (Pocket Informant) still works fine, and this app shows correct task due dates and task counts. including for Today's tasks.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Jan 18, 2015
Today is only day two for me with Habits, and it is already helping me focus. I love how there are different ways of tracking: checkbox, number, or rating.

Unlike all the other tabs in Toodledo (Outlines, Notes, etc.), Habits are something you actually do every day. You do them more often than most Tasks even. Therefore, to make this easier to use and remember to do daily, there must be badges as reminders. This should be easy to implement, fortunately.

My suggestion is to put a badge for the remaining Habits in today's INBOX on the Habits tab on both the app and web version. This is the most important thing.

Also, it should be an option to include the remaining Habits in today's INBOX for the iOS and Android app icon badge.

I assume you can see the value?

This isn't a complaint, but a suggestion which I think you'll all agree with. The initial implementation of habit-tracking by Toodledo is outstanding: it's the best I've seen, and I've looked at several.

I'm so glad I went back to using Toodledo and bought a new Gold Subscription again when I went back to school. Absolutely worthwhile.

This message was edited Jan 18, 2015.
Christoph Dollis

Oh, another thing.

It is important to have Habits included in backups, which it isn't presently. I assume this will be implemented down the road and you're aware of it, so no biggie.

It's just that Toodledo's backups is among its best features. Reliable and easy to use. (Although perhaps an auto-backup to Dropbox or similar is something you may consider adding one day for paying users—yet one more reason to upgrade.)

Christoph Dollis

Posted by acc.mcpherson:
While I know this feature is useful since I have used other apps just for this purpose, I would have preferred to have seen enhancements to the existing features released before adding more features, for example adding a note field to the outline section. Personally, I would prefer to see you go deeper rather than wider. Also addressing the design interface really should be addressed. The notes section is pretty sad.

One other thing, I would really like the option to hide the tabs I don't use, like Lists and Habits. The addition of features without the ability to "hide" them is cluttering up the workspace.

Thank you for listening.

I do think the Notes and Outlines section are pretty lacking. I'd love to replace Google Tasks and WorkFlowy with Toodledo for outlines and notes, but can't now.

However, they did a bang-up job on Habits! It's extremely useful. So I forgive them. :-P

UPDATE: Speak of the devil, I just moved away from Google Tasks to WorkFlowy Outlines. (It still is badly, badly in need of word wrap, though.)

You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.