ForumsNewsiOS update: Habits, iPhone 6 and iOS 8 Widgets

iOS update: Habits, iPhone 6 and iOS 8 Widgets
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
After a month of waiting, Apple has approved our latest update with the following improvements.

+ Added Habits section. Syncs with Toodledo's new habits section and will help you make new habits and break bad ones. Log your progress each day and get a visual indicator of how good you are doing at reaching your goals.
+ Added a Notification Center Widget so you can quickly see your hotlist and add new tasks.
+ Added a Share Extension so you can quickly add a webpage or note to Toodledo for acting on later.
+ Optimized for iPhone 6 screen size
+ Fixing bug with Outlines where action button may stop working

http://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.
Alan

There appear to be problems with the widget for the Notifications screen. The text spills off the page and appears to be covering the arrow underneath. I think that's an arrow. Not sure.

This message was edited Jan 13, 2015.
Alan

Sorry. Meant the Today screen. Can't editbthis on my iPhone hence another reply.
Simon Fincham

Score: 13 Reference
I've created a ticket for this but just to say that having updated all my tasks are now showing on iOS on the wrong days.

It's 13th today but iOS Toodledo thinks it's 14th and has moved all tomorrows tasks into my Today list.

Frustrating! It's been a hard day and now this has happened :(

I have resolved this temporarily by creating a search to list tasks at 0 days, this lists my today's tasks correctly.

I'm wondering how alerts/alarms will or won't function though with the day being interpreted incorrectly

This message was edited Jan 13, 2015.
J

Score: 1 Reference
Love the way this now looks on my iPhone 6+. Haven't had much time to play with it, but I like what I see so far. Nice job - thanks.
steve

Score: 7 Reference
Posted by SimonFincham:
I've created a ticket for this but just to say that having updated all my tasks are now showing on iOS on the wrong days.

It's 13th today but iOS Toodledo thinks it's 14th and has moved all tomorrows tasks into my Today list.

Frustrating! It's been a hard day and now this has happened :(

I have resolved this temporarily by creating a search to list tasks at 0 days, this lists my today's tasks correctly.

I'm wondering how alerts/alarms will or won't function though with the day being interpreted incorrectly

Just wanted to add a "Me too" to this.
Mike Elmendorf

Score: 4 Reference
Same here re: tasks on the wrong day. How does an app get released with a bug like that?!
strativourakis

Score: 1 Reference
Glad I tested it;

The new app works fine, & looks WAY better on my iPhone 6 Plus running 8.1, but on my iPad running the latest version 8.1.2, the app crashed.

I did the usual reboot my iPad several times, etc. and no dice.

I ended up downgrading the app on my iPad back to whatever was the prior version just before today's update.
J

Score: 7 Reference
Looks like I'm also having the "tasks on the wrong day" problem. Based on what I am seeing and when it appeared, I am guess that it's a time zone problem. At midnight GMT (I am in the Central Standard Time Zone), all of the tasks with today's date (CST) started to show as "Past due", and all the tasks with tomorrow's date (CST) now show as today.
eyv

Score: 8 Reference
Yep, me too with the wrong date.

When selecting a task, the due date is marked as the 14th (listed as "Tomorrow" in the due date selector) but shows up as due today. Changing the due date to "Today" (the word "Today", not a date) in the due date selector *sets the date* to the 13th (today) but "Today" is not marked as the due day. Weird. Seems that the app has no concept of today -- tasks set to be due "Today" are marked as due on the 13th (not "Today") and tasks set to be due "Tomorrow" show up in today's list. The badge behavior is consistent with this -- the app badge shows "14", for my 14 tasks which are due tomorrow. Which is apparently today :)

I think the app is trying to subtly tell me to hurry up. :)
Master Brian

I am getting the wrong day issue on the app as well.
mattybingham

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Score: 5 Reference
Same deal with the tasks showing on the wrong day.
atrapletti_1299699...

Same problem with the wrong day.
tonyfitz1959

Same problem - wrong day. How do you downgrade??
J

Definitely a time zone issue - as soon as local time reached midnight, everything went back to normal. I expect it to "break" again at 6pm local, which will be midnight GMT/UTC.

Affects all iOS devices (iPads as well as iPhones), but doesn't affect the web site, and is a display issue, not a data issue.
stu.kruse

Score: 3 Reference
Same issue here in the UK - agree that it seems to be a time-zone/date issue. Please resolve ASAP!!!
eyv

Score: 6 Reference
Could someone from Toodledo weigh in on this, at least acknowledging that there is a reproducible problem?
fionamsamson

Score: 2 Reference
Want to add my voice to this one. It's really annoying. Can anyone tell me how to reinstal the previous version. Better yet, can the company fix the problem ?
fabrice.bobiet

Hello,

Help !!! I have the same problem !
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have been able to reproduce the bug and we are working on a fix ASAP. It appears to only be a display error with calculating which section a task is in when viewing a list. If you look at the task's details it will be correct. You can add/edit tasks and they will store their date correctly and sync correctly. The only thing that appears to be wrong is that they show up in the wrong section when viewing a list. Additionally, this bug only affects people in certain timezones at certain times of the day.

We have determined that this is a bug that crept in when we converted our app over to 64bit (an Apple requirement).

We will get a fix out as soon as possible. In the meantime, please do not trust the due-date displayed when viewing a list. You can tap on a task to see it's true due-date. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.