ForumsNewsiOS update: Lists, Outlines and Apple Watch

iOS update: Lists, Outlines and Apple Watch
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Good news everyone! The Lists section of Toodledo has finally been added to our iOS app.

This new section will allow you to sync your existing Lists and make new lists.

Also:
+ The Outlines section has been redesigned to be faster, prettier and easier to use.
+ The Habits section has been updated with various small bug fixes and some visual changes
+ Our Apple Watch app has been updated with bug fixes as well as support adding tasks. To add a task on Apple Watch, force tap the todo list and then use Siri to dictate your new task.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Awesome! I'm setting up lists already, this will be great functionality :).

Although - once again, when I'm sorting something like integers where there can be blanks, it would be wonderful if I could choose whether the blanks are at the top or bottom of the list. As I recall, this was a bit of a bugbear for me with regular tasks with dates.
Thomas R

Posted: Jul 14, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Column widths do not display as set on the web. Have a first (checkbox) and second (text) column set to 50 px and 300 px, respectively. Both show at 50% screen width on iOS (iPhone 5S and iPad) in landscape as well as portrait mode.

A check/uncheck all button similar to outlines would be a great addition.

Other than that, lists look quite good on iOS.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
At phone sizes, it isnt possible to show all the columns at their full widths. The compromise that we had to make was to show the first 3 columns at equal widths (33%). If you have 2 columns they will be 50% width each. This was how we got it to work at mobile sizes. You can tap on a row to show all the columns.
Ummagumma

Adding lists is a very welcome development, but it is unfortunately incomplete without automatic sum addition, I assume this is coming in a future release ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, the column footers where we put the sums will come later.
Thomas R

Posted: Jul 15, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
@Jake: re column widths

I clearly didn’t express myself correctly. Sorry about that. I wasn't referring to "show all the columns at their full widths” but rather to displaying different widths on a per-column basis. In the above example a checkbox column of 50% screen width eats up a lot of unnecessary (for its purpose) screen estate, and the remaining 50% for the text column therefore is very narrow.

Perhaps column widths could be set by the user on the mobile device in pixels (much like in the web interface) or screen width percentage. Or a fixed width per type could be used (X pixels for checkboxes, Y pixels for date fields, etc.)

The tap-to-see-all-columns approach in my mind is fine. Horizontal scrolling does not seem practical unless one could lock a header column.

For the time being I’ll stick with single-level-outlines as checklists.
matanln

Performance is slow on my iPhone 4.
This module feels like a UIWebView.
Richard.Colletti

With this change, on my iPhone app, the process of synchronization has changed as well. It takes 2 extra steps, and there is no longer a progress bar, so I have to wait until "Synchronizing" changes to "Sync", which takes much longer. Is this an error? It's a lot less convenient.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like you are using manual syncing. I highly recommend that you turn on automatic syncing. Then you won't have to think about it anymore. If you want to continue to sync manually, it is still done the same way. Tap on "Settings" then tap the "Sync" button. If you close the settings section you will see the progress bar. Because of a bug that we will fix in a future update, the progress bar doesn't show up in the settings section, even though it really is syncing. Go back to the tasks section and you'll see the progress bar.
info_1336034862

Posted: Jul 16, 2015
Many, many thanks for adding the Lists to iOS platform. I have asked for that many times - now it is realized! Great, you are truly customer oriented!!
Thanks again. And, it looks great.
Vicfrances

Posted: Jul 16, 2015
Finally!!! Oh my gosh!!!

Can not believe! Ahahah

Thanks, late, but did it :)
Ann M

Posted: Jul 17, 2015
It appears that the import function for outlines is not working any longer.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was able to do an import. Can you please create a support ticket and attach the file you are trying to import? It may have an error inside of it that makes it unreadable.
Ann M

Thanks Jake I never thought of testing another file.You were correct, there was a bug in the file. The file I had copied into the text file was from OneNote so there must have been some weird characters preventing the import. Best,Ann

The issue "bug" seems to be quotes and tabs it cannot read as such.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2015.
harry_stavridis

Posted: Jul 18, 2015
Is there a way to back up Lists, like you can do right now for Tasks and Notebooks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2015
Yes, the "Backup" option in our tools section will backup everything. If you want to backup individual lists you can use the export option in the menu on that individual list.
thereinhardts

Posted: Oct 03, 2015
You mentioned that on the mobile app the first 3 columns are displayed at equal widths (33%),no matter how what width they were given in the web app.

Perhaps the following mobile app display guidelines for Lists would be more readable:

Assume that checkbox columns can be a minimum width compared to the other columns. That would prevent the blank area currently around checkboxes currently from taking up precious screen space. Or make the checkbox width only as wide as the column's title.

Consider making the widths of other columns you display on the main screen proportional to widths assigned in the web app. Using a simple shopping list as an example, if the column widths for the first three columns are 50 pixels, 200 pixels and 100 pixels in the web app, then on the mobile device assign column widths matching the ratio of 1:4:2.

Just a suggestion to make Lists more readable on mobile apps.

Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 03, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 05, 2015
Our next major update will have smaller column widths for the checkbox/star/icon columns.
Martys To Do

Posted: Oct 05, 2015
Also, for the iOS app, I use it for grocery lists, and because it synchronizes every time I open the screen , it keeps jumping back to the opening screen for the lists.
This makes it very inconvenient for this use.
Would it be possible for the app to stay on the list while it synchronizes.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.