ForumsNewsRedesign progress: Navigation bar

Redesign progress: Navigation bar
SES21

Posted: Aug 12, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Jake:
ok, I think the fuzzy type issue is fixed now. We had made the text color very very dark grey instead of black, and I think thats what did it.

That's better but still not quite there. Take a close look at numbers, in particular 6 & 8 & in left nav. I'm using Firefox right now but I also use Chrome & Chromium a lot. Haven't checked the latter two yet.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Its on our todo list. You can ignore that green circle for now. Sorry for driving you nuts.
alankru_1329346923

Thanks for getting these niggles resolved Jake. :)
kentpavelka Post deleted
jodieshack

I love the larger font size -- thank you!

I often like to print my Tasks to have a printed To Do list. Suddenly after yesterday's updates, about 2/3 of the first page is taken up with header stuff, like Tasks, Outline, Help, etc. I tried searching for printing FAQs and I'm doing what it says. Is there any way to only print the tasks and not all that header stuff that mostly results in wasted white space on the screen?
Lgraps

In addition to eliminating the green circle or letting us clear it, could you also have an option not to have the avatar? I now feel like some strange man is hovering over my screen. I don't want to have to change it to anything at all, I'd prefer it not be there.
rschuhart

Posted by jodieshack:

I often like to print my Tasks to have a printed To Do list. Suddenly after yesterday's updates, about 2/3 of the first page is taken up with header stuff, like Tasks, Outline, Help, etc. I tried searching for printing FAQs and I'm doing what it says. Is there any way to only print the tasks and not all that header stuff that mostly results in wasted white space on the screen?

Same here. Print it daily and now it is a mess. I like the new look, but would gladly go back to restore printing. I hope you can fix it and keep up the great work.
coolexplorer

Posted: Aug 13, 2015
Jake & Bridget, Congrats!

Neat changes made - definitely taking care of the number one grouse of App reviewers .... that the design was archaic. No longer!
Keep going to strengthen the Task tabs Design and Features (I spend 90% of my time on TD there).

Best Wishes.
dan_1356716729

The new Account Menu box is creating a new issue for those of us who like to print out our task list. The entire menu prints before any of the tasks. That eats up about a full page of paper. Not happy!
alankru_1329346923

Thanks for fixing the notifications indicator and allowing us to dismiss them :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We underestimated how much that green badge would bother people. It has been removed and notices can now be dismissed from the account menu as well. We also fixed printing.

Sorry about these issues. We are trying to move fast and also test thoroughly, but these are at odds and sometimes we miss things.
Dave

Thank you for the change in the notification.
rschuhart

Posted by rschuhart:
Posted by jodieshack:

Same here. Print it daily and now it is a mess. I like the new look, but would gladly go back to restore printing. I hope you can fix it and keep up the great work.

Thanks for the fix! Prints great now!
Geoff Peters

I'm really enjoying the new fonts and design in the Task view screen. Much easier to work there now.
keep up the good work Toodledo team!!

Cheers,
Geoff
SES21

Posted: Aug 14, 2015
Posted by SES21:
Posted by Jake:
ok, I think the fuzzy type issue is fixed now. We had made the text color very very dark grey instead of black, and I think thats what did it.

That's better but still not quite there. Take a close look at numbers, in particular 6 & 8 & in left nav. I'm using Firefox right now but I also use Chrome & Chromium a lot. Haven't checked the latter two yet.

Jake, I didn't articulate very well in my last post. Please look at the task count numbers in the left nav, especially 6 & 8. They're harder to distinguish since the change. The words are plenty clear, it's just the number area that's an issue.

Also, I use the disappearing left nav & there's a rectangle remnant at the bottom left that doesn't go away with the rest of it.
dannyw0011

Posted: Aug 14, 2015
Just wanted to say that you are definitely on the right track with making Toodledo more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The overall look now is tremendously better than previous UI's. And I appreciate the new progress reports you make which helps users understand that work is actually going on. You will not make 100% of the users happy 100% of the time, but I think most of the silent majority are pleased. Keep up the good work, and remember to also keep your eye on improvements to core functionality.
SyneRyder

Posted: Aug 16, 2015
I'm mostly liking the changes as well, though it seems to me that text in some areas of the site has actually gotten smaller since the change. I'm on Chrome 44 for Mac, and the text entry area for the actual Task title / name when adding a new task has gotten much smaller in height than before. (It's actually the same font size as in this text area I'm typing in now, which is also surprisingly small.) I would've expected it to be slightly *larger* than the other text fields, since the Task title / name is probably the most important field. I think my screen resolution is 1280 x 800 on a 13" laptop.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2015.
dan_1356716729

Posted: Aug 17, 2015
Score: -1 Reference
The print issue is still not fixed. Only three pages print now, with the first and last totally blank. Nothing else shows. Totally unacceptable.
graffen9

Posted: Aug 20, 2015
Hello - I have noticed since the UI update that the 'Due Date and Time" picker box now has about 3 inches of whitespace between the month/year dropdowns and where the calendar begins when using Firefox for Mac (Yosemite). I don't have this problem with Firefox on Linux/Windows, nor do I see it in Safari for Mac. My screen resolution is pretty low - 1280 x 720. Thanks in advance.

This message was edited Aug 20, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2015
I was not able tor reproduce this. Can you please take a screenshot for us to see?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.