ForumsNewsTasks Redesign (part 4)

Tasks Redesign (part 4)
d_hottinger

Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hmm, delay is gone with recent fix. Thanks!
kctwirler1_1378472738

Score: 2 Reference
I used the new "Add Task" buttons a few times before it hit me that it was back on the left! Thank you for responding to your users so kindly and quickly. Toodledo is truly indispensable for so many people, and we're lucky to have such a responsive team working on the app.
dlehoven

THANK YOU for putting the Add Task button back on the left. It's much more convenient there. Your responsiveness to our requests is one of the things that makes this such a great and dependable app. (And thanks to all the other users who jumped in to complain about the move before I had a chance to).

One other thought - could the divider bars between the days be a slightly darker color? When scrolling rapidly down, it's sometimes hard to see when you've passed where you intended to go.

Again--thanks.
kmasters9

Awesome! Thank you so much for listening and fixing the issue, especially so quickly!
stevens.cg

Posted: Oct 31, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Ditto on the Add Task Button on the left. This keeps the workflow left to right.
cwdouglas

Posted: Oct 31, 2015
Ditto to all of the thank you's for moving it back. Somehow the universe seems to be back in order!!
"n" is nice, but too many programs to memorize all of the short cuts for everyone...
stevens.cg

Posted: Nov 01, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
Thanks for repositioning the Add Task button to the left side. Eliminates a lot of unnecessary mouse travel.
mz.curlyhead

Chiming in on the thank you's for moving the Add Task button back to the left. I'd been using Toodledo a bit this morning before I noticed as well, that's how natural it works for my eye. Came back to the forum just to acknowledge and read up. Toodledo's asking and listening to the users' experience really speaks to the integrity of the company.

Any chance of moving the sort/filters to the left too....? Maybe too much to ask for but I figure it's worth the ask.
jimmahon

Score: 0 Reference
In general I've liked the recent changes, but I do not like two of the changes in Part 4. I REALLY liked the "ADD TASK" button where it was on the toolbar. Changing the color was fine, but why not leave it on the toolbar? I don't agree that eliminating the toolbar is simplifying. The toolbar after all is a useful TOOL! And having the "Add Task" and "Quick Add Task" right next to each other was not only convenient, but simply made sense. I sure hope you're not planning to hide the search box. By the way, the new "Add Task" button is sluggish in opening the add task box compared to when it was on the toolbar.

Secondly, I don't like that you've hidden the "Products" buttons in a pull-down menu. Don't you WANT US to use these other products? Now they are out of sight, out of mind! Do your marketing folks know you did this?! Please put them back where you had them. They reminded me that these additional tools-products existed and prompted me to use them. They are great products; they deserve to be visible and easily accessible with one click!
jimk222

Posted: Nov 04, 2015
I agree with jimmahon about the products drop down. Seems to be a lot of screen real estate taken up with just one and there is so much room up there just list the products side by side. Fewer clicks by doing this too!
Salgud

Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Now that I'm used to it, I like the pulldown better. The more I work with the new interface, the better I like it.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 06, 2015
I am in the same boat.

Posted by Salgud:
Now that I'm used to it, I like the pulldown better. The more I work with the new interface, the better I like it.
chiendogg

Posted: Nov 09, 2015
As many have said, I agree that, up until now, the changes that have been made to the interface have been an improvement. This is the first time that I have been motivated to give feedback. I use Tasks and Notes extensively for personal and professional reasons and am always switching between the two. Having to do two click now instead of one has become an annoyance. The drop-down looks prettier but has become cumbersome. Having the drop-down appear when the mouse hovers would be some improvement but used to love the direct access to the different products.
tsinvest

Posted: Nov 10, 2015
Hi Jake,

Haven't had a chance to explore it as much as I'd like, but I can say that it is such an improvement over what it used to be. I like how we can customize the list views online and I especially like how we can print the list with only the information we want to see. You have added and redesigned some truly helpful and great features. Keep up the great work. I like!

Thanks, Tom
dave.erwin

Why do we even need a "Add Task" button?

When adding a task, I always type it into the Quick Add Task field. Then it appears at the top of my list then I edit each field how ever I need to. It seems like the "Add Task" button does the same thing, just in a slightly different order. I'm all for giving people flexibility, but if the goal is to streamline the UI, it puzzles me why there would be two buttons/fields that do essentially the same thing.

But maybe there's a good reason for the "Add Task" button that I'm not aware of. FYI, I usually view my tasks in the main All Tasks view, not in saved searches or folders or whatnot. Maybe that's when it starts to make a difference.

I'd appreciate if anyone could clarify why they think both the Add Task and Quick Add Task buttons are necessary.
Salgud

Posted by dave.erwin:
Why do we even need a "Add Task" button?

When adding a task, I always type it into the Quick Add Task field. Then it appears at the top of my list then I edit each field how ever I need to. It seems like the "Add Task" button does the same thing, just in a slightly different order. I'm all for giving people flexibility, but if the goal is to streamline the UI, it puzzles me why there would be two buttons/fields that do essentially the same thing.

But maybe there's a good reason for the "Add Task" button that I'm not aware of. FYI, I usually view my tasks in the main All Tasks view, not in saved searches or folders or whatnot. Maybe that's when it starts to make a difference.

I'd appreciate if anyone could clarify why they think both the Add Task and Quick Add Task buttons are necessary.

Good question. I've asked that myself for years. I usually just add the task and all it's parameters right away. Still, I have found instances when I'm in the middle of something else, perhaps a phone call or just focusing on the task at hand, and another, usually unrelated task, pops into my head. I don't want to lose that thought (at my age, once lost, thoughts might never be found again! :), so I just do the quick add and minimize the distraction. So I do see a use for both. I imagine there are many who use them both, and many who use only one or the other. I don't think it adds that much clutter, but if you saw my place you'd see I have a high tolerance for clutter. :)
Christoph Dollis

Adding multiple tasks.
dave.erwin

Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Adding multiple tasks.

What do you mean by this? I greatly prefer adding multiple tasks using the Quick Add Task button. Please elaborate.
Christoph Dollis

Posted by dave.erwin:
Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Adding multiple tasks.

What do you mean by this? I greatly prefer adding multiple tasks using the Quick Add Task button. Please elaborate.

I greatly preferring adding multiple tasks by the Add Tasks button, which allows you to add an entire list, and also set properties for all tasks in a single go.
Olivir2015

Posted: Nov 11, 2015
@Christoph Dollis: Add Task, then Add multiple tasks - that helps you a lot to enter a dozen of tasks with predefined values - you set up the values e.g. for Folder, Priority etc. and instead of one task's name you enter all the titles separated by a new line, and voila.

The purpose of Quick add field is, IMO, to allow you just quickly inut the tasks you have in mind and forget it, také care of the parameters sometime later when you have time to do it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.