ForumsNewsLists on Android

Lists on Android
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
We have released an update today to our Android app that includes the "Lists" section as well as updates and bug fixes to the Habits and Outlines sections.

Thanks for your patience with us getting Lists into the Android app. It was a bit of a challenge, but we are happy with the results.

As with the Habits and Outlines sections, the Lists section requires Android OS version 4.2 or higher.
donfano

I've been waiting for this release for so long. Thank you very much!

I have few observations and suggestions:
1. International accented characters are not supported (e.g. é, à, ê, etc.). The web app does support them, but these characters get suppressed when imported into or saved in the Android app.
2. The date and checkbox columns take more spaces then necessary. They should resize automatically.
3. The note field should be displayed in multi-line field when viewing a row or it would be nice to tap to expand it within the same view, rather than to open another view.

This is very good start though :)
Yonten.

Uninstalled Beta, and now been through a process of downloading the new release from Play, it then goes into Install process .... and then disappears before complete on 3 occasions now. Now attempting the 4th.

No ideas how that works, but each time I find it not on my phone I go back to the Play Store and it offers me the opportunity to install as it's not installed on my phone.

Any idea on what's happening?
Yonten.

Score: 1 Reference
OK. 6 attempts and now getting a bit unhappy. Result is can't get app back on my phone. Not a happy space.

EDIT: OK. Now a happy space. I'm in. Thank you. Still love you.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2015.
d_hottinger

Nice! Much appreciated!
Jimraz

Posted: Nov 19, 2015
FYI - I've tried adding a new column checkbox to my lists. After saving they do not appear in the list and if I go back into the add/edit column box the checkbox is no longer listed as a row. Have tried this on 3 different lists with the same issue.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have not been able to reproduce this error. One thing is that the List page will only show 3 columns because there isn't enough room to show more. If you tap on a row or tap on the "Add Row" button it should then show you all the columns. The other thing that may be happening is that you aren't saving the changes. To add a column, you tap "Edit Columns" and then "Add Column" and then enter a name and type. Then press the green checkmark to save those changes. Then you can tap the back button to return to your list.
Jimraz

Hi Jake,

It doesn't save on lists that I created a few days ago. I have gone back to add the checkbox and when I select save the window closes but no changes are saved to the list. Just tried on all 4 lists

FIX

Hi Jake,

tried it again only this time I changed the name of the "new column name" and it saved the changes. Before I left the default name in the box and it would not save the changes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, you have to give the column a name. What you see there as "new column name" is not actually a name, but a label telling you want that input is for. If the column has no title, it won't be added. We'll see about making some sort of error message for this. Sorry for the confusion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.