ForumsNewsiPhone 3.0

iPhone 3.0
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Since iPhone 3.0 was released today, I thought I should say that Toodledo on iPhone 3.0 will run, but it is not fully compatible. You cannot add tasks and a few other quirky things.

We have already submitted a compatibility update to Apple and are just waiting for them to approve it.

If Toodledo on the iPhone is critical to you, I would recommend holding off on upgrading to iPhone 3.0 until our update comes out. I don't know how much longer Apple is going to take, hopefully not long. I am sure that they have a huge backlog.

The other option is to use our slim website in the interim.
TheGriff_2

Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to head home tonight and grab the upgrade...I'll be holding off until Toodledo for 3.0 is let out.
Anders

I'll wait. Apple wants 10 bucks to update an iPod anyway.
joehfree

Score: -1 Reference
I figured there would be a topic on this... I updated to 3.0 today, and toodledo just crashes when I open it.
Ben

I just updated to 3.0, and then added a task in the Toodledo app, everything seems fine.

Any chance of push notification for Toodledo coming, so that we don't have to use SMS messages?
Claudio

Posted by Toodledo:
We have already submitted a compatibility update to Apple and are just waiting for them to approve it.
Any other goodies besides 3.0 compatibility?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, there are a lot of bug fixes and improvements that made it into this update. We submitted it awhile ago, and we thought it would be enough time for Apple to review it before 3.0 came out, but Apple must have a big backlog.

Push notifications are 95% implemented and will be coming in an update to immediately follow the update that Apple is looking at right now. The enhanced reminders we just announced were the first obvious step along these lines.
Claudio

Posted: Jun 18, 2009
Posted by Ben:
I just updated to 3.0, and then added a task in the Toodledo app, everything seems fine.
Same for me.
Proximo

I am getting my iPhone 3GS this weekend. I will wait for the green light before I get the Toodledo app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If anyone wants to help beta test push notifications, we are now looking for more beta testers. If you want to be a beta tester, you will receive an advanced copy of the app before it hits the App Store. In return, you would be expected to test the app and give us any feedback or bug reports that you may find.

Beta versions of our software may have bugs that may cause problems, so please be aware of this.

To become a beta tester, we need your iPhone's Universal Identification. To get your iPhones UID:
1) Plug your iPhone into your computer.
2) Click on the iPhone inside iTunes.
3) Click on the word "Serial Number" and it will switch to "Identifier"
4) Type Control-c to copy and paste the 40 character string. Please do not post your UID in the forums. Instead, put it into a support ticket. Give the support ticket the title "iPhone Beta Tester" and please also send your full name and the state or country where you live.

EDIT: We now have the maximum number of beta testers that Apple will allow, so please hold off on submitting your UID to us.

Thanks

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 19, 2009
I hope I can get mine in time to join the beta test.

thanks
steph

Posted: Jun 20, 2009
Just upgraded and Toodledo synced just fine. Will the updated Toodledo be able to leverage the Voice Memos function in 3.0 (instead of Jott, which hasn't been working for me)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 21, 2009
The next update won't have voice memos, but we are considering it for a future update.
emailaddy4u-toodledo

Posted: Jun 22, 2009
Is the slim website supposed to be functional for all mobile phones? I don't see a login screen, and nothing comes up on any of the links on my phone. However it's fully functional on my PC.

Thanks!
Anders

Posted: Jun 22, 2009
Posted by emailaddy4u-toodledo:
Is the slim website supposed to be functional for all mobile phones? I don't see a login screen, and nothing comes up on any of the links on my phone.

No, Slim does not work on all mobile browsers. What is your mobile platform? Also, you can use http://www.toodledo.com/html to access your tasks from many mobile browsers.
byokes

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Can you tell us what features were added to the update you submitted to Apple? Also when was it submitted?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2009
I can't disclose the feature set, sorry. Apple may axe a certain feature during their review, so we don't want to commit to anything. We submitted it to Apple several weeks ago.
Ben Keenan

Posted: Jun 24, 2009
Do you know when people will hear back about Beta testing? Do we need to supply you with contact info or will you contact us through this site/forum?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 24, 2009
We will send it to the email on your account.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.