ForumsNewsWe now have a Gmail gadget

We now have a Gmail gadget
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Today we are releasing a Gmail gadget, that you can add to your Gmail sidebar to get quick access to your to-do list when reading your email. This is a super convenient way to quickly add/edit tasks as you process your inbox.

Instructions for installing the Gmail gadget.

In addition, we have made a number of small improvements to our slim website that the Gmail gadget is built upon.

1) The "breadcrumbs" that you can use to go back a level in the hierarchy, are now usable on the task details page and even persist through editing a task or navigating to a subtask. This will make it easier to navigate back up to a list you were viewing.

2) It is now possible to sort by "Importance" and "Status".

3) It is now possible to select "All Tasks" and "Add Task" as default start screens for the gadget.

4) It is now possible to delete a note from a task.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009.
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
Awesome! Can't wait to try it out. :)
Scott

Nice work, I like it!

SB
valentino.aluigi

Posted: Jun 27, 2009
great news! I hope this will bring new life to my toodledo account..
carmentalis

This is absolutely awesome. I live in my Gmail inbox, so having Toodledo there really makes my day. A few days ago I thought of suggesting it as a feature - looks like you're reading my mind. Thank you!
cj

OMG - I cannot WAIT to try this!
cj

OMG - I cannot WAIT to try this!
cj

Tried it ... great except that I cannot move it towards the top (so I have to scroll). I know this is a gmail/gadgets issue but do you know of any way to change the location of the gadget?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can change the order of the boxes in the sidebar, just enable the Google lab feature that allows you to do this and then drag Toodledo to the top.
cj

Posted: Jun 28, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
You can change the order of the boxes in the sidebar, just enable the Google lab feature that allows you to do this and then drag Toodledo to the top.

Ah. Thanks. FYI for others - that labs feature is called "Navbar drag and drop" (I never considered the left side panel to be called a Navbar).

Ability to reduce the font size would make this gadget perfect (same request for the firefox sidepanel add-on too)
Prashant

Posted: Jun 28, 2009
Awesome!! I've waited soooo long for this.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 29, 2009
OK,

I am using it and it's 10 Times better than the Gmail Todo list.

The one problem I have seen so far is accessing the options when in a folder. The icon that let's you choose how to sort is hidden under the breadcrumbs making it hard to select correctly.

You are limited in how wide this Gadget can be in Gmail, so I am not sure what a good solution would be. If the breadcrumbs would add a second row as you dig deeper, this could make things easier.

just an FYI
Anders

Posted by Proximo:
The icon that let's you choose how to sort is hidden under the breadcrumbs making it hard to select correctly.

Yes, I just saw this too. Perhaps the sort options icon could go next to the refresh icon where there is a little space.

Another thing is that I wish I could pop the gadget out of the sidebar, like you can do with the Google Tasks, but I suppose that is something that Google would have to do, and not Toodledo.
Proximo

Posted by Anders:
Posted by Proximo:
The icon that let's you choose how to sort is hidden under the breadcrumbs making it hard to select correctly.

Yes, I just saw this too. Perhaps the sort options icon could go next to the refresh icon where there is a little space.

Another thing is that I wish I could pop the gadget out of the sidebar, like you can do with the Google Tasks, but I suppose that is something that Google would have to do, and not Toodledo.

For a first run, it's great if not almost perfect. I receive most of my task by email at work, so I would not use the Gmail Gadget as often, but it's nice to have it there. My personal business emails will be easy to process now.
Vin Thomas

As an fyi, if you like the smaller fonts used in the gmail gadget over the slim site, you can use this url instead (http://www.toodledo.com/slim/gmail.php) and choose to load it in your Firefox Sidebar.
Sébastien

Posted: Jul 01, 2009
Posted by Vin Thomas:
As an fyi, if you like the smaller fonts used in the gmail gadget over the slim site, you can use this url instead (http://www.toodledo.com/slim/gmail.php) and choose to load it in your Firefox Sidebar.

Not working, gmail said :
Invalid gadget specification. Ensure URL is correct and the gadget does not contain errors.
Sébastien

Posted by Toodledo:
Today we are releasing a Gmail gadget, that you can add to your Gmail sidebar to get quick access to your to-do list when reading your email. This is a super convenient way to quickly add/edit tasks as you process your inbox.

I like it!
Vin Thomas

Posted by sdouche:
Posted by Vin Thomas:

Not working, gmail said :
Invalid gadget specification. Ensure URL is correct and the gadget does not contain errors.

This is not to be used in your gmail as a gadget. I was giving this to be used as a site that is loaded into the firefox sidebar.
Anders

Neat trick Vin. That can probably help me maximize my use of screen real estate.
Vin Thomas

Anders, I thought of you on your small screen when I wrote this. But in testing it I found that some links open in the main window instead of staying in the sidebar. I don't know if this is a FF 3.5 issue or not. Let me know if it works out for you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.