ForumsNewsToodledo Tasks redesign ready for public beta testing

Toodledo Tasks redesign ready for public beta testing
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 01, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
@majesticthrust. I cannot reproduce this. Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks

This message was edited Feb 01, 2017.
majesticthrust

Posted: Feb 02, 2017
@Jake Done.
FHE-IV

Posted: Feb 09, 2017
QUESTION: Is it possible to for Batch Edit Tasks Due Time: AND Batch Edit Tasks Due Date: features to be separate options as was before? Unfortunately Batch Edit, my best feature of Toodledo will likely become obsolete for me because 27 items that I had to move lost their respective times. I know that is a lot to move, but that is what happens. I could really use those two Batch Edit Tasks as separate. Thank you as always for everyone's hard work!

Posted by Jake:
[quote]@FHE-IV: Can you please create a support ticket so that we can figure out why your saved searches are showing empty on the new tasks section? We haven't seen this before.

Jake, it looks like this has been fixed, BIG thanks!

This message was edited Feb 09, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2017
I will look into splitting out due-time from due-date so that they can be batched edit separately.
jeremiah.moss

Posted: Feb 11, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
It's okay. I'm still left wanting to try out the Importance–Urgency matrix without crazy workarounds.

https://beta.toodledo.com/forums/4/21519/0/how-to-simply-implement-the-powerful-importanceurgency-matrix.html

This message was edited Feb 11, 2017.
coolexplorer

Posted: Feb 12, 2017
When is the Beta version being transferred to the Main site? It has great features and beta testers have already wrung out the bugs.
Salgud

Posted: Feb 13, 2017
I wouldn't rush this as I've moved over to the new version a couple of times in the last few weeks, only to move back due to serious bugs.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Im not sure I would classify them as "serious bugs", but they have been fixed all the same. A few bugs are still trickling in, so we are taking it slow. I have been using the new site for more than a month and many others have as well. If you like it, you are welcome to bookmark it and start using it as your default. We'll step up the release soon.
Salgud

Jake,

I don't want to appear critical here. When I said serious I meant that I couldn't accomplish simple everyday tasks in TD that I need to do my job, and, as you said, both were fixed immediately. I would much rather that you take your time and find as many bugs as you can before you go live with the new, and improved, version. At least now I can say I've done my part to contribute to the new release, and lost no data. So I'm content with your process and happy to wait until the new version is fully ready for prime-time. I want to be clear that I think you and the TD team are doing a great job.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Feb 15, 2017
For the Beta/New Layout, I agree with the go slow before going live approach, considering you already have a perfectly functional product with a user base.

It would be different if you were launching.
Christoph Dollis

"It's okay. I'm still left wanting to try out the Importance–Urgency matrix without crazy workarounds."

One helpful thing for this, which I've asked Toodledo about in the past and they say it's on their list, but they don't comment on time frames, etc., etc., is to add a flag in addition to the already present star. The flag would work the exact same as the star so all the coding work, essentially, has been done.

Then you can let star/unstarred be important/unimportant and flag/unflagged be urgent/not urgent.

This, plus a bit of sorting, should work well. Would really be an easy feature addition, and of course if you don't want it, you don't have to use the flag.
Franconius

Okay, the whole "calendar"-section has been replaced by the "dates"-section which offers a "calendar"-window (with very large numbers in the new layout, by the way).

But the old calendar-section had a filter called "Show on calendar" which is missing now. This could be used to display only the tasks that are due on any given date. In the beat-version, you always see all the tasks with a start date until that day.

Is there an alternative to this much-used, but now missing function or would you please bring this feature back?
Adrien Beau

Posted by Franconius:
Okay, the whole "calendar"-section has been replaced by the "dates"-section which offers a "calendar"-window (with very large numbers in the new layout, by the way).

Yep, I complained about those excessively large numbers as soon as the beta was started, but have not seen an answer to that particular point. I have looked at the CSS and HTML, hoping it could be easy to reduce the size, unfortunately this is not the case.

Posted by Franconius:
But the old calendar-section had a filter called "Show on calendar" which is missing now. This could be used to display only the tasks that are due on any given date. In the beat-version, you always see all the tasks with a start date until that day.

I have enabled the Due Date but not the Start Date feature, and the beta calendar works fine for me. When I click on a day, it only shows the tasks that are due on that day. (Also, it is possible to click-drag over the calendar to select a arbitrary range of days, and it shows all tasks that are due in that range, and that is awesome!)

Posted by Franconius:
Is there an alternative to this much-used, but now missing function or would you please bring this feature back?

It seems this is an unforeseen issue rather than an abandoned feature. You should open a support ticket from the beta itself (the "cartoon bubbles" icon at the bottom left of the screen).
Salgud

Switched over to the beta briefly this morning to look at a view someone mentioned in the forum. Got another "Error Synching tasks #605, error editing task".

Using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87

Maybe you should make a mandatory and hence, well paid, beta tester! :) I seem to attract bugs!
appelcline

Posted: Mar 09, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
Switched over to the beta last night to give it a try and have been having big problems with repeating tasks (using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87).

1) When I didn't finish a repeating task on the day it was supposed to happen, but then finished it the next day, I checked the box to show it was completed, but it stayed in place, with the same past due date, after I refreshed the page. Tried another couple times: same problem. Finally just decided to change the due date on it (moving it to the next time it was supposed to repeat), but again the task just stayed in place in the past due area with the old due date. Tried to change the date again, and this time it mysteriously worked. (This was all this morning.)

2) Later in the day today, I had completed two repeating tasks and checked them off, then refreshed the page. One of the tasks had disappeared from the day as it was supposed to (and reappeared on the next day it was due), but the other was still there as if I hadn't checked the box off at all. I checked the box again and refreshed, same result. Tried again and refreshed, same result. Decided to try changing the due date again (moving it to the next time it's due) and refreshed, but the task still sat there as if it had been unfinished. Tried changing the date twice more, and the last time it finally randomly moved it to the new date.

I ran into some similar problems this evening, but decided to just chuck it all and use the app on my iPad which still has the old version of the Tasks, where everything worked perfectly as usual. I definitely have to change back to the old version and hope this new version doesn't take over before all this stuff is working properly!
guido57_uk

Posted: Mar 10, 2017
Calendar week on date picker to start on a Monday.

Have set this for the tasks, but the calendar picker still shows week starting on a Sunday. It would be great to get back the option to have the week start on Monday on both the main calendar and the date picker.

This is a standard in large parts of the world (and it is actually an ISO standard, too).

I keep getting confused and making mistakes when the week starts on Sunday.

Otherwise very impressed with the new version.
sleepyspider

Calendar

old version: Nice neat and very compact. I like this.
new version: not compact, very spread out.

The new calendar is also confusing and akward.
It's just way to big, but everything else is nice and neat and compact.
I also don't like the scrolling around. just feels weird.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@appelcline: When you are marking a task as completed then refreshing the page, are you doing a full page refresh? Have you given the task time to save its change, or do you check it off and then immediately refresh the page within a second? Can you try allowing the task to save first (the grey bar will stop blinking) before you refresh the page and let us know if that makes a difference.
Nicolas_1424978024

Great changes!
I have the "Week starts on Monday" setting, which works in the date selection dialog, but the calendar starts on Sunday.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The calendar bug should be fixed now. Please refresh the page to get the update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.