ForumsNewsiPhone app 1.5.1: Instant sync and bug fixes

iPhone app 1.5.1: Instant sync and bug fixes
Anders

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
If you are set up to sync with the site, you must sync for the next instance to be generated. The app, I beleive, can regenerate repeating tasks, but will do so only if you do not have sync set up.
Garfield

Hey Anders, sorry if this is a little me, me, over here! but what do you think of the points that I brought up? Are you having any similar issues?

Edit: I would also LOVE to see the "Couldn't connect to Toodledo.com Do you have an internet connection?" notification have an option to be disabled. Having to tap it every single time I turn my iPod Touch back on is extremely aggravating.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2009.
Anders

I can't really compare things like the drawing issue you describe because I have a beta version of the app, and beta can be a little quirky.

I have seen other requests for reminders at Due Time, and it seems like a good idea, though I'm not sure I would use it personally.

I have expressed my feelings about the notes several times, and basically I agree with you.

I also Agree completely about the way nested subtasks are currently implemented. As I have said before, that is my greatest wish for the app.

As for the startup message, you can stop it by turning off sync on startup.
njwashor

I am having problems with subtasks disappearing. Seems to happen when I make a change to the parent task or exit the app to quick before it finishes syncing.
brian.cerveny

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
Posted by Anders:
The new version requires iPhone/iPod OS 3.0. The last version did too I believe.
I have an iPod as well, and though I was not happy that Apple wanted us to pay for 3.0, it is totally worth the 10 bucks for copy&paste alone.

Maybe this has been said in another thread, but iPhone OS updates are "free" because they have essentially been prepaid as part of the 2 year contract. These are essentially $700 devices being subsidized by the $1000+/year iPhone users spend on their service.

I will not be surprised if the iPhone 2G owners have to pay for an OS 4.0 upgrade when the time comes, as the devices will be older than the 2 years Apple accounted for.
beezedogg

Posted by Anders:
marceloc, make sure your time zone setting on Toodledo matches you iPhone setting, and check that you have done what is explained here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

PLEASE Post in the help pages that you need to make sure the time zones are matched up. I spent way too long to figure that out to make Push work, and it's not on the above help page!
Yannick

I'm running 1.5.1 and for the most part am liking what I'm seeing, the removal of the picker controls is wonderful as is the new add task method. Unfortunately I do have some issues:

- I'm experiencing quite a lot of crashes, besides the known add task crash. One scenario that occurs on a daily basis is a crash after launching the app. I have to restart the app 2 to 5 times to get through. Sync on startup is disabled by the way. Several other crashes have happened, but I can't recall what I did to trigger it.

- Besides the crashes, I'm having some UI glitches. Ranging from cells not being drawn to the gray bubbles being switched. (all tasks gets the bubble of the hot list and vice versa) I have several screenshots illustrating the issues and am willing to mail them if needed.

- Scrolling speed is indeed slow at times, although this is not a "new" issue. Some optimization could be done, for instance drawing the contents of the cell yourself instead of using subviews. (if this is the case)

That'll be it for now, don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love Toodledo, but thought I'd share my concerns.

Yannick
jmlcsw

I didn't know the latest upgrade needs the new OS. How do I get a refund for my account since it no longer can be used on my Ipod? ( I don't have the latest OS and the app closes as soon as it opens.)
jmlcsw

Posted by Yannick:
I'm running 1.5.1 and for the most part am liking what I'm seeing, the removal of the picker controls is wonderful as is the new add task method. Unfortunately I do have some issues:

- I'm experiencing quite a lot of crashes, besides the known add task crash. One scenario that occurs on a daily basis is a crash after launching the app. I have to restart the app 2 to 5 times to get through. Sync on startup is disabled by the way. Several other crashes have happened, but I can't recall what I did to trigger it.

- Besides the crashes, I'm having some UI glitches. Ranging from cells not being drawn to the gray bubbles being switched. (all tasks gets the bubble of the hot list and vice versa) I have several screenshots illustrating the issues and am willing to mail them if needed.

- Scrolling speed is indeed slow at times, although this is not a "new" issue. Some optimization could be done, for instance drawing the contents of the cell yourself instead of using subviews. (if this is the case)

That'll be it for now, don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love Toodledo, but thought I'd share my concerns.

Yannick
Anders

All I know is that Apple is in charge of AppStore sales, including any kind of refunds. Since they should have, but did not, warn about the incompatibility, you should have a case though I have heard they rearely offer refunds.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You will have to contact Apple for a refund since there is nothing that we can do about how Apple runs the store. They should have prevented you from upgrading if your iPod wasn't compatible. But before you do that, you should also ask yourself if you are going to stay with OS 2.0 forever, or whether you will eventually spring for the $10 upgrade. Because if you are going to eventually get the upgrade, why not just get it now and enjoy the new technology? There are going to be a lot of cool apps that take advantage of the 3.0 technology and eventually no new apps will be release with 2.0 backwards compatibility, and I wouldn't want you to miss out on that for just $10.
erin

Posted: Sep 26, 2009
I'm having great trouble getting this app to appear on my iPhone. I've bought it. I've synced but the app is just not appearing on the dang 'dog and bone'! I tried to see if i could trick it appearing. Switching on and off.

Any one else had this problem?
Anders

Posted: Sep 26, 2009
I have not heard of anything like that happening. You could try downloading it directly from the AppStore on your phone, but you should probably contact iTunes support to figure out why that is happening.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 28, 2009
When you plug your iPhone into iTunes, go to the "Applications" tab of the iPhone section and make sure there is a checkmark next to Toodledo. You can also just re-download it from iTunes on your iPhone like Anders recommends.
Mattbettinson

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
I would love to see a quick add feature in the iphone app, where all the fields would be at default for the time being, just so that you can jot a todo quickly down. also, how does getting a pro subscription change the iphone app? i am looking to get one.

This message was edited Oct 08, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
Posted by Mattbettinson:
I would love to see a quick add feature in the iphone app, where all the fields would be at default for the time being, just so that you can jot a todo quickly down.

This is already in there. After you tap "New Task" and enter the task's title, you get three options: Cancel, Add Task, or Edit Details. If you just tap "Add Task" the task will be created instantly with whatever defaults you have set in the app.

also, how does getting a pro subscription change the iphone app? i am looking to get one.

-Subtasks
-Choose reminder lead times from 15 minutes up to 30 days prior to Due Date/Time
-Keep and view your completed tasks for a much longer time
I think that covers it for the iPhone app. There are also Pro benefits on the website that you can use like the statistics and goal tracking. They are only on the website, not part of the iPhone app, but they will reflect your activity both on the website and in the app.

This message was edited Oct 08, 2009.
Stephen Silk

Posted: Oct 18, 2009
Edit: Ignore this - I worked it out 5 minutes after I posted :-)

Is it likely that Contexts are going to be included in the iPhone app any time soon? Or are they implemented and I can't work it out. Context is listed under "Unused Fields" and I'm unsure if that means 'unused by the app' or 'unused by the user'.

Thanks!
Stephen Silk

This message was edited Oct 18, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.