ForumsNewsNew Tasks section can be the default now

New Tasks section can be the default now
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Sorry, this isn't possible. We'll think about it though.
Markus

Posted: Aug 22, 2017
Hi, i like the new layout! At home there is no problem, but in the office i get an SSL handshake error: The SSL handshake could not be performed.
Host: tasks.toodledo.com
Reason: error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure:SSL error at server handshake:state 25:Application response 500 handshakefailed.
Do you have any idea what has to be done, to dismiss this ssl error in the office ...? (BTW, i used several browsers to test it, i allways get the ssl error)

This message was edited Aug 22, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Your office must be intercepting your internet traffic and modifying it in a way that breaks SSL. I have just re-tested SSL in all the major browsers on Mac and PC and it was all working without error. I also ran our site through an online SSL test and it passed with a top grade.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=tasks.toodledo.com
Markus

Posted by Jake:
Your office must be intercepting your internet traffic and modifying it in a way that breaks SSL. I have just re-tested SSL in all the major browsers on Mac and PC and it was all working without error. I also ran our site through an online SSL test and it passed with a top grade.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=tasks.toodledo.com

Thanls for the fast answer! I will try to find the right person in the office somewhere in the network team, maybe they can help, knowing your answer ... !
Productiveman

Posted: Aug 29, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I like the search feature within fields on the new layout; good add. And it seems a bit faster, too, which is good.

On the other hand, the checkbox on an indented task in the new layout is unfortunately too close to the edge of the sub-task's title field so that when trying to click on the start of the task's title field to place the cursor there, it is hard to avoid marking the sub-task as done (at least on Firefox on Windows). Suggest adding a bit more space between the checkbox and the start of the subtask title editing box.

Thanks.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted: Aug 29, 2017
Last time the Add Task was moved to the right side of the screen, there was a big outcry and you fixed it pretty quickly.

With the new UI, the Add Task button has migrated to the right again. I find this particularly egregious since so many functions are (finally!) grouped on the left. Can you at least make the position of the Add Task button an option?

Kudos to the great work, Jake!

And, BTW, how the heck do I CREATE a topic in a forum? I seem to be able only to REPLY.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2017.
rexeleatherwood

Posted: Sep 03, 2017
I like most of the new changes, but I hate the way that the add task fields come up on the side. Must less room and takes much loner to add task.
sportstheresa Post deleted
fbatot

Posted: Sep 18, 2017
I'm a big fan of Toodledo. I have been a fan for years.
HOWEVER, I really don't care for the "new" task layout/view. The "original view" is just cleaner, better.
I am very thankful that you are giving us the choice of which view we want to use.

When you have a great product, sometimes it's best to leave it alone, and let it be a great product!!
cj

Posted by fbatot:
I'm a big fan of Toodledo. I have been a fan for years.
HOWEVER, I really don't care for the "new" task layout/view. The "original view" is just cleaner, better.
I am very thankful that you are giving us the choice of which view we want to use.

When you have a great product, sometimes it's best to leave it alone, and let it be a great product!!

+1
+1000
frogboy

Score: 2 Reference
Think we should have colour options, font size options

and emojis in task view as well.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Aletheia

Posted: Sep 20, 2017
Hi,

I like the new layout. So far everything working out intuitively and smoothly.

The only issue I have is I get an error in the Tasks window. I don't see it affecting, I can add new tasks, it's just annoying to see the error message.
It says: Error Syncing Tasks (#-13)
Error adding tasks

Do you know why this might be?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 20, 2017
Yeah, -13 means that it tried to add a subtask to a parent task that no longer exists. Someone else has this error and Im trying to figure out why its happening.
Linden

Posted: Sep 25, 2017
Tried the new task view this weekend. For me, Firefox is significantly slower with the new view (several seconds for most actions to take place). Is this something with my configuration or is the new view slower?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The new site should be faster, but it may depend on how many tasks you have. We are continuing to optimize the new site.
Linden

I have a lot of tasks and many of these contain subtasks. Also, unfortunately have a large number of tasks in my backlog. Any possibility this has something to do with the sluggishness I'm seeing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you have thousands of tasks, the new interface could be slower if you are trying to view all of them on the screen at the same time.
carol_3

Posted: Oct 10, 2017
The exclamation point notifying me that I can use the new Task format keeps coming up, and while it is there, the right hand scroll bar doesn't work. So I have to open the new format before I can scroll down, which is a completely unnecessary step since I've already taken a look and am not ready to choose it as the default. Is there something else I can do to keep my scroll bar working?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 10, 2017
I have not been able to break the scrollbar. Can you please tell me if its because the ! is covering up the arrow in the scrollbar or if its something else?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.