ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Ell J

Posted: Oct 24, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I was a big fan of Toodledo for almost a decade daily and used it every day until about 4 years ago. Each month, over the last four years I have used it less and less. While I still pay for it (Silver Plan), my yearly subscription expires in 38 days; I have not used it in two years. No new items added.

My question for you is what will it have that is not in Office 365?

Given the abilities and apps in Office 365, I do not see the need and after looking at the roadmap, I see nothing that helps me.

Toodledo’s lack of direct interactions with voice assistances (Alex), email systems (Gmail or Outlook) phone notifications, no linking to files in the cloud (Dropbox, OneDrive, and G-Drive) and other than IFTTT, integrations are just poor. Given the new pricing, I can get everything in Toodledo with a subscription to Office 365. If I am missing, something please let me know?

What is happening to Toodledo is happening to number very good apps. Office 365 and Google development process is giving people lots of stuff for a low price point. I stopped using Evernote even earlier.

I run an IT department and can get everyone Office 365 for about $150 per seat, why would I want a group to add another $90 per seat. Why would I want to spend $60 per year, just for me, when I can spend $100 per year and cover my whole family?

What will it have that is not in Office 365? Your competition is not AnyDo, Todoist, Remember the Milk, SimpleNote, Monday, or even Slant but G-Suite, Office 365, and Zoho Suite.

I wish you luck moving forward..
GeezerGeek

Score: 4 Reference
I'm a Silver subscriber whose reaction to the initial new three tier plan was "Goodbye Toodledo, Hello Outlook tasks." I am a Office 365 subscriber and I have already said "Goodbye Evernote, Hello OneNote" when Evernote changed their pricing and plans. Now that there is a proposed fourth tier, Standard, that is closer to the Silver plan, I'm reconsidering. The one thing I don't like about new Standard plan is the one week task history which is quite a drop from 2 year history that was available under the Silver plan. In terms of value, having only one week of history is like having no history at all. Frankly, I don't remember when was the last time I looked at task history but it was nice to know it was there. So the question for me now "Is it worth paying 80% more for Toodledo and lose two years of task history or should I switch to Outlook tasks?". I like Toodledo and have posted several comments on the internet in support of the product but it may be time for a change.
Ummagumma

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Ell J:
I was a big fan of Toodledo for almost a decade daily and used it every day until about 4 years ago. Each month, over the last four years I have used it less and less. While I still pay for it (Silver Plan), my yearly subscription expires in 38 days; I have not used it in two years. No new items added.

My question for you is what will it have that is not in Office 365?

Given the abilities and apps in Office 365, I do not see the need and after looking at the roadmap, I see nothing that helps me.

Toodledo’s lack of direct interactions with voice assistances (Alex), email systems (Gmail or Outlook) phone notifications, no linking to files in the cloud (Dropbox, OneDrive, and G-Drive) and other than IFTTT, integrations are just poor. Given the new pricing, I can get everything in Toodledo with a subscription to Office 365. If I am missing, something please let me know?

What is happening to Toodledo is happening to number very good apps. Office 365 and Google development process is giving people lots of stuff for a low price point. I stopped using Evernote even earlier.

I run an IT department and can get everyone Office 365 for about $150 per seat, why would I want a group to add another $90 per seat. Why would I want to spend $60 per year, just for me, when I can spend $100 per year and cover my whole family?

What will it have that is not in Office 365? Your competition is not AnyDo, Todoist, Remember the Milk, SimpleNote, Monday, or even Slant but G-Suite, Office 365, and Zoho Suite.

I wish you luck moving forward..

What you have in a dedicated task service vs Office 365 is mobile integration. Especially alarms, Apple Watch integration, task recurrence.

If you don't need alarms and recurrence, and especially if you only track tasks from your laptop / desktop, an Excel file is actually superior in many ways.
ChristianDiscer

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by GeezerGeek:
...The one thing I don't like about new Standard plan is the one week task history which is quite a drop from 2 year history that was available under the Silver plan. In terms of value, having only one week of history is like having no history at all....

Yes, I agree - only one week of history? For a paid plan the minimum should be longer than that, but unsure how long -- maybe six months.

I'm better with the pricing of the standard plan too.
Ummagumma

Score: 2 Reference
I have a year of the Gold plan left.

At the current prices, even going with Standard I would be paying more for less. And way too much to regain the current functionality.

So, with Toodledo the way it is today, I would not be renewing.

They have a year to vow me back.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2018.
Ummagumma

Posted by GeezerGeek:
I'm a Silver subscriber whose reaction to the initial new three tier plan was "Goodbye Toodledo, Hello Outlook tasks." I am a Office 365 subscriber and I have already said "Goodbye Evernote, Hello OneNote" when Evernote changed their pricing and plans. Now that there is a proposed fourth tier, Standard, that is closer to the Silver plan, I'm reconsidering. The one thing I don't like about new Standard plan is the one week task history which is quite a drop from 2 year history that was available under the Silver plan. In terms of value, having only one week of history is like having no history at all. Frankly, I don't remember when was the last time I looked at task history but it was nice to know it was there. So the question for me now "Is it worth paying 80% more for Toodledo and lose two years of task history or should I switch to Outlook tasks?". I like Toodledo and have posted several comments on the internet in support of the product but it may be time for a change.

What are you using to sync Outlook with on mobile ?

Imho on the desktop, without mobile sync, Outlook is superior to Toodledo and pretty much anything else. Between custom views, conditional formatting, custom fields, integration with email and Onenote, file attachments etc. Outlook is immensely powerful. It's when you need the mobile sync or web access when things start to get complicated.

J.O.D.

One of key aspects why I need web app is that I cannot sync anything to/from Outlook at work, where my most of my tasks are. You no, public administration. And personal purpose. On the other hand, One Note beats Evernote for me everytime - I don't use tags, and I sometimes need OCR - from Czech, not English.
J.O.D.

I also have something like this in my mind - but probably be going for monthly subscription for, say, 3-4 month, so that I can switch plans when needed and be free to leave Toodledo at once, should the developement dissapoint. We will see on November 1st, when the 6 months roadmap should be announced with timeline.

Posted by Ummagumma:
I have a year of the Gold plan left.

At the current prices, even going with Standard I would be paying more for less. And way too much to regain the current functionality.

So, with Toodledo the way it is today, I would not be renewing.

They have a year to vow me back.
boydston01

Posted by Ummagumma:

Imho on the desktop, without mobile sync, Outlook is superior to Toodledo and pretty much anything else. Between custom views, conditional formatting, custom fields, integration with email and Onenote, file attachments etc. Outlook is immensely powerful. It's when you need the mobile sync or web access when things start to get complicated.

Yeah, Outlook is a very powerful option for tasks on desktop (though you need some know-how to customize it). With the demise of WinMo 5/6, the lack of Exchange tasks on mobile was about the single reason that I abandoned Outlook. That might be on the road to fixin'.

With an MS account, Outlook tasks (and everything else) should sync quite well with Outlook.com. For mobile, MS recently released MS To-do which syncs Outlook.com tasks. (For me though, the due date syncs off by 1 day—which they have been trying to fix for several months).
alankru_1329346923

I am a silver subscriber. I used to be a gold subscriber, but I downgraded because I didn't use many file attachments or other features to justify the cost of gold.
However, in doing so, I sacrificed the task history from "forever" to 2 years. I felt that this was acceptable though.

Firstly, I appreciate that things have to change.
The initial proposal of plans would have me finding an alternative to Toodledo, as I can't justify or afford the new price. However, I'm glad that I did not spend more than a few minutes looking for an alternative because I feel that the newly proposed Individual plan is a much better replacement for Silver, compared with the first proposal.

However, like others, I'm not happy about the reduction to 1 week of task history. I feel that this won't work so well for me. I use Toodledo to offload things in my brain and sometimes I need to refer back...I have had to do this on a couple of occasions (this is where the Advanced Search is good).

I'm not so happy that you can't email in either...I currently email in to query my list of tasks for today...but it seems that Calendar integration is planned, so if this integrates with Google Calendar that would replace this need and I would prefer it.

So, I'm happy to pay a bit more to fund development of useful features and an improved mobile app (providing I don't have to buy a new app too!). I'm also happy to pay a bit more if it keeps the lights on. It saves me finding a replacement to Toodledo as that would be a daunting task for me.

With regards to the task history...I have used Zapier to put completed tasks into a Google Sheet. I think that this will do what I need and get around this issue. Thankfully the Individual plan will continue to allow 3rd party apps.
Thank you to Ummagumma for making a suggestion to use IFTTT (which you could also do - I just prefer the customisation and support from Zapier)!

So, with all of this in mind, as of now, I'm making a decision to stay with Toodledo as I think I can work with it.

Mario-2012

Score: 5 Reference
We currently collaborate with two silver accounts in my family, and Toodledo was the best tool I found on the market back in 2013 (recurrence, sharing, subtasks, 3rd party applications, API, Browser-Interface). I was satisfied, pricing was reasonable and I didn't look for alternatives since then.

Nevertheless, 55% increase for silver (assuming new "standard" plan) cannot be considered a moderate increase, especially if seen in conjunction with the feature decrease (history, scheduler, number of collaborators, ...)
Honestly, not all of the removed/downgraded features really matter to me, except for history, number of collaborators.
Apart from the 55% increase, this downgrading still feels like another ~15% "increase" ...
And I guess the referral program https://www.toodledo.com/referal.php also will not make it into 2019.

It seems like non-business users don't matter any longer and in my personal view, this feels like a lack of respect.

Unfortunately this also happened in the past to other services (Crashplan, Secunia PSI, ...).
At least we are (not yet) squeezed out, but the new pricing structure is getting closer to this.

Currently Aaron & Co are pushing too hard. Surely purchase price and investment in business features need to be refinanced.

Given the communicated pricing plans, I might take one more disgruntled renewal, but I feel the need to start looking again for 2019's alternatives
to Toodledo, which really is a pity. Might also happen that I identify an alternative before renewal is needed.

Aaron, I'd like to stay with Toodledo, but I need an offer that I cannot decline.
Reduce the increase a second time, and make a better offer concerning the feature decrease
(Standard compared to Silver: 1 yr history, enough collaborators for small families).
eleveno

Score: 3 Reference
Standard should have at least 2 years history and add tasks via email. I was considering coming back to toodledo premium but with these new prices it is not competitive with other options.
GeezerGeek

Posted by Ummagumma:

For Mobile, I'm looking at "Microsoft To-Do" (Android). I haven't worked with it much yet but it does look rather basic, without a lot of the features that Outlook desktop has.
Highsteppin

I'm on board with the changes and am willing to pay (more) for a better product. Hiring developers has a cost that has to be passed on to the end user. Its simple business. I, like most users seemed to be frustrated with the lack of progress under the old owner. Who can forget "we dont comment on timeframes, but it is on our to do list". Ill pay more to never have to hear that BS again!!
Ummagumma

Posted by GeezerGeek:
Posted by Ummagumma:

For Mobile, I'm looking at "Microsoft To-Do" (Android). I haven't worked with it much yet but it does look rather basic, without a lot of the features that Outlook desktop has.

MS ToDo has a problem with shifting due dates when synced with Outlook.
Robert_HOME

Subscribed through Spring so no rush to change. I have specific requirements for my MYN system that Toodledo is perfect for so moving to a new site would be a major hassle, search and selection process - and I am not aware of any alternative that is anywhere near as good for what I want to do.

No incentive to change unless TD collapses at some point in the future. I am not worrying about the difference between $20/$30 and $60 for a year, I use this for work and the benefits of efficient time management easily pay for the cost differential. And, $30 is an entrée and a glass of wine at a mid scale restaurant for one, and to me not a significant difference over a year.
Bevier

The new silver plan is basically useless. I have three family members on the silver plan and you're backing people in a corner to upgrade to gold. That means a 5⅓ times price increase (with a discount code and 2 referrals). I'd be spending $180/year on Toodledo—up from about $33.72/year. I spend $80/year for ALL of MS Office for the whole family (suite, cloud storage, collaboration, 6 users, etc). I'm sorry—it's too much.

Sure, Toodledo's interface was clunky, but it was priced well and it did the job. You've taken away features with a pipe dream of things to come.

My recommendation:
I understand development costs money. Offer Gold (plus) as a family plan for $80/year for 6 family members (non-commercial use).

This message was edited Oct 25, 2018.
Curt

Posted: Oct 25, 2018
SECURITY/PRIVACY ALERT!!!

Much more important than the super steep price increase with reduced benefits that has been announced despite the reassurance from Sam three months ago that current user pricing would be essentially grandfathered in, (“Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users.“) is HUGE tidbit that wasn’t announced, emailed or highlighted, but appears to have been already implemented under the radar….

YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS BEING OR IS GOING TO BE SOLD!!

According to the other thread started in this forum here: (https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/0/new-privacy-policy-advertisements.html), it appears Toodledo is now going to be selling our personal data/profile to advertisers! I have been a loyal Silver user for 10 years with two other collaborator accounts, but you breach the trust of my personal privacy and I'm out of here. I don't care if the price is free! It's a non-negotiable! Make sure you read you read the old and new privacy policy linked below. I was not notified of any upcoming privacy policy change! There is no “Opt Out” function to keep my data from being shared. I never did, or would, authorize my data to be analyzed and shared to any third party for marketing or any other purpose where there is an additional risk of another data breach like we’ve seen in recent news!

Aaron, is this really true?? Was sharing our data the real reason for the purchase? Please say it isn’t so. I, like most every user, do not want my personally identifiable information shared with anyone! Opt me out! With the amount of super detailed and personal information that many of us trust to be safe inside this software, I believe you will have you a large falling out of users, like me, that will move to another option where our private data is kept private. Would you consider immediately reinstating and honoring the old privacy policy that was in place and that all of the loyal Toodledo customers over the years counted on to keep our data safe? Please let know asap.

New Privacy Policy: https://www.toodledo.com/info/privacy.php
Old Privacy Policy: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26265/0/new-privacy-policy-advertisements.html
roaz

Posted: Oct 25, 2018
Update - I would prefer that my personal data not be accessible by 3rd parties or be for sale. Also, In today's world I am always concerned about the security of my account and the data maintained on its service.

Based on Aaron's recent response regarding this issue, I am somewhat relieved for now.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.