ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
k7ki

Posted: Jan 08, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
I am long time Gold level subscriber. I find the new pricing to be an outrageous increase. I doubt I will renew my subscription.
jzamoras

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by sknipfing:
Posted by jzamoras:
any ticktick promo code to try the premium version?

You can get started for free. It offers quite a lot to get started. You can do month-to-month for $2.99 and when ready, commit to a full year. This is what I am doing right now.

good idea!, however I'll wait for (hopefully) ticktick develop a easy way to import tasks, I have a year left in my toodledo subscription.

This message was edited Jan 08, 2019.
Curt

Score: 4 Reference
Has anyone tested out RTM vs Ticktick? Any recommendations between the two for someone who uses all Apple products and needs to collaborate between 3 people? I don't mind paying for the service, but our needs are pretty simple and might be able to use the free versions if they afford collaboration.

We've had 3 Silver subscriptions over the last 10 years, but in order to collaborate now, we would be forced to pay 3 times the amount for the newly designated "Plus" account that has absolutely nothing extra we need other than the collaboration between 3 users. Unless Aaron decides to include 3 collaboration users under the "Standard" Plan (still an increase from $20/yr to $36/yr!), we will be moving on to another platform. Not interested in paying $180/year for 3 Plus accounts and not happy with the empty promises and lack of communication. What should have happened is all current Toodledo users should have been grandfathered in under our current accounts. A modest 20% increase from $20 to $25 year would have been tolerable and would have most likely been accepted by most. A 300% increase is just stupid.
Ummagumma

Posted: Jan 09, 2019
Posted by Curt:
Has anyone tested out RTM vs Ticktick? Any recommendations between the two for someone who uses all Apple products and needs to collaborate between 3 people? I don't mind paying for the service, but our needs are pretty simple and might be able to use the free versions if they afford collaboration.

We've had 3 Silver subscriptions over the last 10 years, but in order to collaborate now, we would be forced to pay 3 times the amount for the newly designated "Plus" account that has absolutely nothing extra we need other than the collaboration between 3 users. Unless Aaron decides to include 3 collaboration users under the "Standard" Plan (still an increase from $20/yr to $36/yr!), we will be moving on to another platform. Not interested in paying $180/year for 3 Plus accounts and not happy with the empty promises and lack of communication. What should have happened is all current Toodledo users should have been grandfathered in under our current accounts. A modest 20% increase from $20 to $25 year would have been tolerable and would have most likely been accepted by most. A 300% increase is just stupid.

What features do you use, and how often do you have to access web interface ?

With all of you using Apple devices, I don’t think you need any paid service at all, to be honest. Just buy a good task app (e.g. GoodTask, 2Do) and share it with your family members. Both apps use Reminders as the base and add some functionality on top (2Do can also use Dropbox to sync it’s own proprietary database, and has a Mac version). You can share Reminders lists or use the same Dropbox folder. Some of the added functionality may not be accessible via iCloud web interface if you use Reminders to sync, and with Dropbox sync there’s no web access to your tasks, but I assume your phones are always with you so this should not be an issue. So a single $10 - $14 payment and you are all set for years...

Personally, having used both apps, I settled on GoodTask, mainly because it’s optimized for quick on-the-fly task management.

This message was edited Jan 09, 2019.
Curt

We need to have our own separate Task lists, but have the ability to delegate tasks back and forth. I do like that the 3 of us can see each other's lists from our own accounts and can set specific permissions as to which lists each can see (ie. my wife can see everything I have to do, but my assistant can only see items under our business folder).

I use Toodledo currently about 50% of the time on my Macbook Pro and 50% on my iPhone. I fly internationally a lot and want an app that can work offline so I can update my list while airborne and then sync when it gets internet after we land; If the web/macbook version did this as well, that would be helpful. I'm connected most of the time since I have an unlimited international data plan for my iPhone.

I do not really care about history, habits, and many of the other add on features. However, I do need to have a memo or other section that can provide more detail about the task. Subtasks are useful but not mandatory. I like the ability to have reminders whether they be pop-ups, emails or texts. Something that integrates well with Google calendar and Alexa would be helpful. I want something that is easy to use and does not require much tinkering or work-arounds to get it to sync properly with all devices. And lastly, something where there is good customer service that responds to questions or requests.

Thanks for the help!
Ummagumma

You can create shared Reminders lists that you only use for delegated tasks, while maintaining your own separate lists. In GoodTask, you can reassign a task to another list with a single tap.

Not sure if it’s possible to show iOS Reminders in Google Calendar on web. But you could use Google tasks with Gtask for iOS, or Google’s own app. I no longer use Google products so not an expert, but GTask is a very good app. And on Apple devices, you can integrate tasks and calendars from different services in the same view in most 3rd party Calendar and Task apps. GoodTask can show calendar events and tasks in same view, although the calendar module is a little limited (no Month or Week view, it’s just a list of events by day). Fantastical and Calengoo can also show events and reminders together.

Coming to think of it, if you only use basic task functionality, Calengoo is probably perfect for you. It’s an excellent calendar with decent Reminders and Google Tasks integration, and a very responsive developer. It also adds extra functionality on top of Reminders and Google Tasks. My only and main gripe with it is that it doesn’t update Apple Watch app in background.

Don’t know first thing about Alexa, sorry. I use Siri, as dumb as she is...

sknipfing

Posted by jzamoras:
Posted by sknipfing:
Posted by jzamoras:
good idea!, however I'll wait for (hopefully) ticktick develop a easy way to import tasks, I have a year left in my toodledo subscription.

You can export from ToodleDo and import into ticktick. It's not perfect. I had to do some clean up and adjust things for the way ticktick works. But all-in-all, it was not too difficult. It was also a very good way to get acquainted with ticktick.

At this point, I may just ask toodledo for a refund of my unused year that is coming up.

J-O-D

Posted: Jan 10, 2019
Both TickTick and RTM are viable alternatives to Toodledo. For my workflow, TickTick would be even better (if I were not staying with Toodledo).
dcw601

Posted: Jan 11, 2019
Disappointing. I was ready to renew my Gold plan, but it's gone, replaced by something at least twice as expensive.

I love Toodledo but I am not willing to pay $60/year for it. It was fun while it lasted.

(Hint: how about grandfathering existing plans?)
boydston01

Posted: Jan 11, 2019
Posted by Curt:
A 300% increase is just stupid.

'nuff said.
shelbyp

Posted: Jan 14, 2019

Agree also, I have 1 year left in my subscription and then I'm out or possibly I move to the cheapest plan here since I can do what I need using my OneDrive subscription to take care of the rest. after looking at Todoist and RTM, I see that both also fit my needs. I already have a OneDrive subscription for 100$ a year which provides 5 Terabytes for 5 family members, access to the Microsoft suite online (including One Note which kills the Notes section here) and full cross-platform support. there is no task list unfortunately. OneNote online does provide outlines which are not as powerful as TD, but are sufficient for my needs.

It is then easy to leverage IFTTT to simulate some other features. e.g. full task history can be achieved by auto creating a OneNote note each time a task is created. Possibilities with IFTTT are endless , however one thing I raised in the forums is that the TD support is buggy and the IFTTT tasks were failing on me, preventing me from doing some of the cool things that people expect as we move into an Internet Of Things world...
Ummagumma

Posted by shelbyp:

Agree also, I have 1 year left in my subscription and then I'm out or possibly I move to the cheapest plan here since I can do what I need using my OneDrive subscription to take care of the rest. after looking at Todoist and RTM, I see that both also fit my needs. I already have a OneDrive subscription for 100$ a year which provides 5 Terabytes for 5 family members, access to the Microsoft suite online (including One Note which kills the Notes section here) and full cross-platform support. there is no task list unfortunately. OneNote online does provide outlines which are not as powerful as TD, but are sufficient for my needs.

It is then easy to leverage IFTTT to simulate some other features. e.g. full task history can be achieved by auto creating a OneNote note each time a task is created. Possibilities with IFTTT are endless , however one thing I raised in the forums is that the TD support is buggy and the IFTTT tasks were failing on me, preventing me from doing some of the cool things that people expect as we move into an Internet Of Things world...

I am not sure that the bolded statement is entirely correct.

If you’re using Outlook.com account, you have a task list that you can sync with Outlook on desktop, and with iOS devices. Since it is synced to iOS via Reminders, any app that supports Reminders swill also work with Outlook tasks. (I especially recommend GoodTask). The web access for Outlook.com tasks is a little clunky but it supports advanced features like Start dates and categories; the biggest strength however is in using Outlook for desktop with its advanced filters and conditional formatting. Another big advantage is that you can create Outlook tasks directly from Onenote, so you can plan a project in ON and create s task list for it as you go.

You can also use the new Microsoft ToDo app, the only problem is that it has a major bug using EAS sync so it really only works well if you only use ToDo clients everywhere (not a problem for Windows 10 users but forces Windows 7 into web app).

This message was edited Jan 14, 2019.
shelbyp

Ummagumma: thanks for your comment, you're obviously right. I generally like Microsoft , but just can't get used to Outlook for email, too slow for basic things like searching for an email! I use Gmail, so thte Outlook tasks are note very helpful for me, and the google tasks are a bit too primitive for my needs. I am happy to pay an additional 20-30$ a year for something to fill this gap, but TD is now overpriced. I will try Microsoft ToDo The ON notes task creation is cool I didn't think about that, I saw the possibility in ON but never tried it! Given that I still have a year left, alot can happen. Things are changing fast in the task management field and prices may come down for some of the existing apps, features will be added etc...
J-O-D

Score: 1 Reference
From my point of view, the Standard plan is for an individual use sufficient - to my workflow, at least. The Plus features I can replace with workarounds, as I amu using Toodledo just for me.

- Scheduler - Length field (which I am using anyway) and Saved Search
- Attachments - both Toodledo's (habits, lists - I don't use anything else) and external can be entered as hyperlinks (I am using Office 365 Home as you are)
- Full History - I don't need it, 1 year is enough and every year I can download CSV with completed tasks, if I would have such need
- item limits for lists and habits are fine, lists can be split and I don't have such enormous number of habits
- e-mailing tasks - sending an e-mail from my work address to IFTTT creates a task in Toodledo for me without problems - well, I am just creating a task with some info in it's note - and everything else I add on the web, I like it that way (so I just need Task name and Task note, nothing else)

And I have two rules for my productivity online tools - no free plan, when it's possible (so I use IFTTT) and no yearly subscription - I tend to change my services during year - and everytime I do that, sooner or later I come back to Toodledo.

I know I look silly in eyes of most users, in this thread at least...

Posted by shelbyp:

This message was edited Jan 14, 2019.
Ummagumma

Posted by shelbyp:
Ummagumma: thanks for your comment, you're obviously right. I generally like Microsoft , but just can't get used to Outlook for email, too slow for basic things like searching for an email! I use Gmail, so thte Outlook tasks are note very helpful for me, and the google tasks are a bit too primitive for my needs. I am happy to pay an additional 20-30$ a year for something to fill this gap, but TD is now overpriced. I will try Microsoft ToDo The ON notes task creation is cool I didn't think about that, I saw the possibility in ON but never tried it! Given that I still have a year left, alot can happen. Things are changing fast in the task management field and prices may come down for some of the existing apps, features will be added etc...

Google Tasks is indeed very limited. There’s a great 3rd party app on iOS that adds a few sorely missing features (GTask) but you’re still stuck with the same Google web interface...

Using Outlook desktop app for email alone is probably not worth it unless you need to keep a local copy of your emails. It’s greatest strength is in bringing the email, tasks, calendars and Onenote together. E.g. I have an issue with an item I ordered, I start a Onenote page to track the resolution process, and save all relevant contacts, photos, emails, attachments, invoices, phone call notes and tasks there. The emails can be saved to Onenote using a button in Outlook (this inserts them as searchable printouts) or I can just drag an email with my mouse and it will be saved as a .msg file attachment. This level of integration + the advanced task views make it easier to live with stupid long email searches (I usually search on my iPhone anyway, faster and more convenient)...

It’s basically a typical MS product, like Windows - clunky, sometimes slow,sometimes buggy, but very hard to replace because of all the functionality it has.
jzamoras

so there is no granfathered plans for old users?
J-O-D

Posted: Jan 15, 2019
When your current subscription expires, you have to choose a new plan.

Posted by jzamoras:
so there is no granfathered plans for old users?
Dubious Virtue

Posted: Jan 15, 2019
Mine just rolled over onto gold at the old price.

Maybe they haven't flicked the switch left.

Gives me another year to get rich before the next price rise!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.