ForumsNewsToodledo Update: Roadmap

Toodledo Update: Roadmap
aaron.c.salls

Posted: Nov 01, 2018
Score: 0 Reference
Hi everyone,

Aaron here. I come with an exciting announcement.

So let’s just get to it.

ROADMAP
As promised, we are sharing more on our 6-month plans.

This is the natural extension of the feature request board and roadmap that we created last month. We did this to give you all a peek into what the team’s cooking up and create a better channel for you to share feedback with us as we build Toodledo.

You can click into the cards to see more details, see what others in the community are saying, and add your voice and vote to the feature set. You can also sign up to get beta access here.

We are focused on the following:
+ Easier task input and access: We’re prioritizing getting mobile apps, voice input, smartwatch apps, calendar integrations, and task sharing so that you can get tasks into one central location even faster and never fall behind on your to-do list, no matter where you go
+ Better usability for managing tasks: Starting with batch edit or to drag-and-drop within a view to get the order you want. Also, you’ll start to see Toodledo do more heavy lifting to reduce redundant tasks like moving overdue tasks from yesterday or helping you identify and prune long overdue tasks
+ New educational tools to get more out of your features: As I’ve talked with many of you directly, I’ve realized that many folks have asked for functionality we already have! So we’re going to create new content and default settings that highlight these so that you can get the most out of Toodledo

This quarter, we are developing new native mobile apps, Toodledo University, Google Calendar and iCal 2-way sync, smarter bulk editing of overdue tasks, improved payments and much more. The projects in progress will launch before the end of the year.

Next quarter, we have many more exciting items planned, such as voice app integrations with Alexa and Google Home, overhauled collaboration features, full multi-select for batch edit, and UX enhancements, just to name a few.

Some more help?
If you know someone who’s a talented web developer, we’d really appreciate it if you could refer them to us. Another web developer would allow us to pull more features into the roadmap timeline.

If there’s something you didn’t see or if you have feedback, you can reach me at [email protected] or call me directly at 703-628-3068 (PDT, in case you reach voicemail).

Thanks always,
Aaron

This message was edited Nov 01, 2018.
leopoldo

Posted: Nov 03, 2018
Aaron,

Can you help clarify what the "In Progress" items on the Roadmap page mean vs. the other "In Progress" items that are marked on the feature request site in terms of timing? For example, a new iOS app is marked as "In Progress" but is not on the Roadmap page.

Is it correct to think that the items on the Roadmap page are what will be delivered in the next 6 months (and the only items), while the other "In Progress" items don't yet have an ETA?

Thanks.
J. O. D.

Posted: Nov 04, 2018
You can scroll with mouse on the road map lists. The features are there, just hidden. Found it by luck and already send an email to Aaron about this. Everything Planned can be seen both on road map and features list. It is just a different view on the same data. IOS itself is at the bottom on the road map. I think, that Planned features are those further in next 6 months, after In progress are released.

Posted by leopoldo:
Aaron,

Can you help clarify what the "In Progress" items on the Roadmap page mean vs. the other "In Progress" items that are marked on the feature request site in terms of timing? For example, a new iOS app is marked as "In Progress" but is not on the Roadmap page.

Is it correct to think that the items on the Roadmap page are what will be delivered in the next 6 months (and the only items), while the other "In Progress" items don't yet have an ETA?

Thanks.

This message was edited Nov 04, 2018.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.