ForumsNewsWe’re Back

We’re Back
M

Posted: Mar 08, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Anant,

Though I had to dramatically change how I use TD (don't rely on it for storage of important tasks, use 2Do as my ios app), I am still trying to make use of its infrastructure - mainly because it can be used as a 2Do backend.

Work with that developer to ensure that that can continue.

And, if you're interested in beta testers for your current dev version, I'd be happy, in my weird way of using TD, to give feedback.
jzamoras

Posted by Mark H:
Anant G:

Just want to say that you should ignore all those Naysayers. First make it functional, then improve. People will be back.

Peace,
- Mark

There is a great effort changing platform. Having said that, I doubt ppl will be back once they switch.
Ummagumma

Posted by jzamoras:
Posted by Mark H:
Anant G:

Just want to say that you should ignore all those Naysayers. First make it functional, then improve. People will be back.

Peace,
- Mark

There is a great effort changing platform. Having said that, I doubt ppl will be back once they switch.

Some people are so set in their specific ways, they will absolutely be back after trying other solutions, because for them nothing else will compare to Toodledo - because nothing else is Toodledo.

The others would need to be persuaded to purchase the paid version. Both the old users who switched & are satisfied with their new platforms, and especially new users.

Which is going to be a very, very tough sell.

A very saturated market. Low brand recognition. No functional mobile and watch application. Confusing (to a potential user), outdated web interface. Terrible / non-existent communication with users. The well documented history of a sudden huge price hike followed by many broken promises and over a year of stagnation and practical abandonment. All that at the highest price point among similar offerings, most of which are far better known.

I wish everyone involved the best.
Ellen_2710

Posted: Mar 09, 2020
Score: -1 Reference
Thanks for the update Anant!
I still love Toodledo, was also a bit worried about the future, so I am happy with your post.
There is, in my opinion, no other GTD that is better then Toodledo!
gideonkaplan

m.toodledo.com says offline, old data still comes up, it worked about a week ago, I started using it because
Android app missing records (tasks)
I'm back using "dgt gtd" app by dgtale
greginfla_

just curious why the emphasis of the app development? android or ios? I find the mobile website works just fine. The problem with app development is that you are always at the whim of OS changes. Don't get me wrong I have installed and use the ios for years, but the mobile site has all the features and works just fine.

Why not work on the core product of toodledo and once you hit the 80/20 rule of fixes and improvements, then start working on the app.

just my two cents
gideonkaplan

Posted by greginfla:
just curious why the emphasis of the app development? android or ios? I find the mobile website works just fine. The problem with app development is that you are always at the whim of OS changes. Don't get me wrong I have installed and use the ios for years, but the mobile site has all the features and works just fine.

Why not work on the core product of toodledo and once you hit the 80/20 rule of fixes and improvements, then start working on the app.

just my two cents

I just checked m.toodledo.com in google chrome android again after you said it's working fine for you.
Tt's not for me and hasnt been for about a week
landing page says offline (pink banner at top)
When I expand the arrows, it still has old tasks and they are not checked off (completed)
I twiddled with the show settings , now says sync pending banner at top
Free QA tester here.. :(
https://i.imgur.com/gB2oiCM.png

This message was edited Mar 09, 2020.
Anant G.

Posted by greginfla:

just my two cents

We were on the same track earlier but around 75% of our current users are dependent on mobile apps. Adding new features to web were just adding more conflicts on the mobile apps. That is the reason we thought of updating our mobile apps first.

Posted by gideonkaplan:
Posted by greginfla:

just my two cents

I just checked m.toodledo.com in google chrome android again after you said it's working fine for you.
Tt's not for me and hasnt been for about a week
landing page says offline (pink banner at top)
When I expand the arrows, it still has old tasks and they are not checked off (completed)
I twiddled with the show settings , now says sync pending banner at top
Free QA tester here.. :(
https://i.imgur.com/gB2oiCM.png

That is not a mobile website. tasks.toodledo.com should work perfectly fine in any browser.
Joel Simpson Post deleted
Joel Simpson

Posted: Mar 10, 2020
I've been a daily user for at least 10 years. I clearly don't have the issues that others must and I've come to depend on Toodledo - it has done exactly what I needed every day and I only remember one outage of any significance in that whole time. I can't imagine what new features on missing on a platform that's been dedicated to personal organizing. I'd prefer you not change a thing - definitely don't change the user interface. I ca

That said, Batch Editing has never worked on Chrome. but that's my only complaint.
frogboy

Posted: Mar 10, 2020
For us dyslexic/autistic/neuro-divergent customers out there - can we have emoji support in the task section please? That would really help me coordinate and organise.

Otherwise hope this product does survive!
J O D

Posted: Mar 11, 2020
Based on your previous posts, Anant, I just really hope the end of March will be seeing the beta for the mobile apps at last... You have 20 days.
J O D

Posted: Mar 12, 2020
I am using MS Edge based on Chromium on Windows PC and the batch editing does work for me without problems? What exactly does not work for you?

Posted by simpsonjoeld:
I've been a daily user for at least 10 years. I clearly don't have the issues that others must and I've come to depend on Toodledo - it has done exactly what I needed every day and I only remember one outage of any significance in that whole time. I can't imagine what new features on missing on a platform that's been dedicated to personal organizing. I'd prefer you not change a thing - definitely don't change the user interface. I ca

That said, Batch Editing has never worked on Chrome. but that's my only complaint.
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 13, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by J O D:
Based on your previous posts, Anant, I just really hope the end of March will be seeing the beta for the mobile apps at last... You have 20 days.

Yes we are working on it and that's our target too :)
jimk222

Score: 2 Reference
Perfection is the enemy of good. Small progress published is better than big progress described only in words. Several here, including me, are happy to test the beta version no matter how much progress has been made in order to get the ball rolling. I hope that helps.
jzamoras

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by J O D:

Yes we are working on it and that's our target too :)

I'm not holding my breath.
J O D

I tend to belive even in people who did fail me, even several times. However, it took me the whole year to get to this point, to be able to invest my time into Toodledo again.
Cindy Parks-Talley

Posted: Mar 16, 2020
Long time user. I will have to find an alternative soon if things don't change. I'm not seeing any improvements. We were switched to a business subscription and it just doesn't work. I have employees who can not collaborate on existing lists and I've reached out time and again with no response. I'm going to file a BBB complaint, and then find another alternative, after years of membership, if responsiveness does not change immediately. Right now Toodledo is all hat and no cattle.
darkpollo

Posted: Mar 16, 2020
I moved last year.
Not coming back. Not even for free.

Trust has been lost and trust is something you cannot win over on a day, it takes years.

For anyone reading this, there is something as good as toodledo (much better I would say), made from a nice developer small team (like Toodledoo was built) and much modern and responsive.
https://amazingmarvin.com/

No affiliate marketing here, just to let you know that this is what you are looking for.
They import toodledo too (not completely but good enough).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.