ForumsNewsHello from the new (as of July 2021) Toodledo team!

Hello from the new (as of July 2021) Toodledo team!
Jim Thomure

Posted: Nov 14, 2021
Score: 6 Reference
I've used Toodledo on and off over the last several years ..... off during the recent rough patches of development and support.

However, I am encouraged by the recent ownership change and the "hit the ground running" approach by the new team. I just re-subscribed to the standard plan, as much as anything to show support for the new folks doing all they can to bring Toodledo back to being an indispensable tool to help people increase their productivity.

Toodledo continues to have features I don't see (at least not readily) in other task managers. It's just dead on simple to categorize and slice and dice my To Do's to focus on certain tasks. Toodledo has always been "intuitively obvious" ..... Life is too complex to have to spend a lot of figuring out the nuances of a more complex tool .... a "to do list" needs to be simple and flexible.

All the best to the new team at Toodledo!
Shay Hill

Posted: Dec 23, 2021
Score: 3 Reference
Posted by PamelaH:
Posted by franz.steies:
We are actively rewriting the mobile apps and expect a first (public Beta) release with a subset of Tasks functionality (and with the best support for newer iOS and Android devices) to be available by early 2022. (Other functionality will also follow later on.)

For now, migrating to this new app will be completely optional and will run alongside the existing apps - but we would definitely recommend checking it out sooner than later.

Looking forward to this beta. Looking for an excuse to come back.
pepe03go.movil

Posted: Dec 24, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I have been a toodledo user on average between 12 and 15 years, I was very sorry to have to look for other options because toodledo lagged far behind in flexibility, in its time it was the best I had found, then toodledo unfortunately became a trsite sheet Excel sheet not very useful where I only point and point, I looked for new options and I was always looking for something like toodledo, because its bases are very good but they are no longer flexible as required by the rhythm of life of most of us I think, things Like other types of views, you can simply drag tasks with your finger on pc and app, be able to add tasks on the mobile and add categories, labels and other things while you type using "/" which can be done in the explorer, but sadly not In the application, I got to the point of being tiring adding a task and having to put the categories entering each task, being able to add tasks with voice among others would be things that in my opinion would go up to toddled or at the top, after losing hope that toodledo would be updated, look for options, finishing all the playstore applications, I ended up using ticktick and clickcup at the same time, tick tick is a very good application, I liked adding tasks by voice and dragging Everything is so easy and the application is basically the same as the web, and the application does not necessarily need the internet to function, which helps to add ideas in a second, inspiration does not wait for anyone, as it arrives it goes, ticltick is very good , but it lacks being able to have a view as clean and organized as toodledo, so basically ticktick is my inbox for speed, a task becomes a note at the moment, avoiding having to copy a task to notes if necessary, the Dark mode for those of us who use the pc all day is also very good, the other application I use, clickup is too good, it is all incredibly improved (while you are on PC) but even on pc it is a bit slow, l The application on the mobile is the one that leaves much to be desired, if you don't have internet you can't use it, and the best ideas are quickly forgotten if you don't write them down in the second, and waiting for it to load clickup is not to be trusted, but create Different workgroups and the options it has are incredible, the mobile application can not drag tasks as long as you have selected a classification, and nowadays you need to be able to do everything with just dragging a finger, you need speed, flexibility, without losing control. To be able to categorize at the moment, not all of us have time to sit down to categorize the tasks, there are those who need to go writing and categorizing at the same time for when we occupy ourselves to consult go only to the category, context, label, date, location or other categorization that we need, It really lifted my spirits to think that there is hope to improve toodledo, its bases are incredible but its functions were left behind years ago, and it plic Ation was even further behind, without a doubt I would go back to Toodledo, in fact I did everything possible to continue with Toodledo, but in reality I saw that I could no longer continue, average of 1800 tasks and a very strict form of order, sometimes I only did It is necessary to put one task on top of another to feel order, or simply add a task while you continue walking and it is saved in the correct category without having to stop and wait to add with the inconvenience that at that moment the idea left, there are other applications very good but they are for other types of people who do not classify as much as the users of toodeldo we have been used to and need. Greetings to all toodledo users and to the new team, we hope you take our comments as support and constructive criticism, we are users who need toodledo to adapt more to these times

This message was edited Dec 24, 2021.
Barrett_2

Posted: Jan 15, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
@PamelaH, what's the latest word? The blog and twitter accounts have both been silent since October and if you and the team have been active on the forums recently, I'm not seeing it.
gschlyter

Posted: Jan 16, 2022
@Barrett_2 - it looks like there is activity... https://www.toodledo.com/forums/search_power.php?user=4121750
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 18, 2022
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Barrett_2:
@PamelaH, what's the latest word? The blog and twitter accounts have both been silent since October and if you and the team have been active on the forums recently, I'm not seeing it.

Hi Barrett_2!
As promised, we have been working on the new mobile apps and expect them to be ready for testing early this year. We have been responding to all support tickets and emails, fixing bugs, and replying on this forum regularly.

If you have specific questions, feel free to post on the forums and we will reply as best we can :-)! Otherwise, stay tuned for an announcement on the mobile apps!

This message was edited Jan 18, 2022.
Da Cracker

Posted: Jan 27, 2022
There seems to always be a lot of activity on the mobile app (iOS does me no good). I've been a long time user of Toodledo and left last year. To me, it is one of the better productivity apps out there because of speed and organization. I really want a reason to come back but when I see 3rd party Blackberry and Windows Phone integrations promoted I get a little worried. Memories of IQTell still haunt me. is there a list of features for the beta program? I wasn't able to find one and it would be nice to see what's ready for prime time.
Scott Florack

Posted: Jan 28, 2022
Posted by Da Cracker:
There seems to always be a lot of activity on the mobile app (iOS does me no good).

While it may not excite you personally, my hopes are that Toodledo is fully aware of high-priority fixes the majority of the user base wants. Sure, cleaning up the website a bit wouldn't take too long.. but the Android app hasn't been updated in nearly two years, and has a 2.8 average user rating; the Apple app hasn't been updated in 18 months and has a 3.3.

All about priorities, my man.
PJ Hoogendijk

Posted: Mar 29, 2022
Hi, since my latest Android update (March 2022 update), the Toodledo Android app starts crashing every time when I try to add a new task... I hope that an update to the app comes soon! Now I have to revert to a different app to work with my to do's...
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Score: 2 Reference
Dear all,

We have recently learned that with the latest Android update, the current version of the Toodledo App has become unusable.
The same occurred unfortunately with the iOS.
Thankfully we had decided several months back to write completely new mobile apps rather than patching the existing ones. These are in the final stage of development and will be released by the end of this month!
We will be informing the community shortly with a newsletter.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Kind regards,
The Toodledo Team
ericdfehrman

Score: 4 Reference
Posted by PJ Hoogendijk:
Hi, since my latest Android update (March 2022 update), the Toodledo Android app starts crashing every time when I try to add a new task... I hope that an update to the app comes soon! Now I have to revert to a different app to work with my to do's...

Until the ToodleDo app is finished, check out "Ultimate To-Do List" from Custom Solutions. It syncs with ToodleDo and I have used it for years. Its stable and very customizable.

Just a thought.

Enjoy,
//Eric
strativourakis

Posted: Mar 30, 2022
Posted by PJ Hoogendijk:

I've been forced to keep ToodleDo open in Chrome on my mobile devices.

Have you tried that?

The mobile site works surprisingly well...not as nice as a dedicated app, but good enough.....
Slowaxe

Posted: Mar 31, 2022
Posted by ericdfehrman:
Until the ToodleDo app is finished, check out "Ultimate To-Do List" from Custom Solutions. It syncs with ToodleDo and I have used it for years. Its stable and very customizable.

Just a thought.

Enjoy,
//Eric

Thank you! In all my searching over the years of app problems, how did I miss this app?? I instantly paid to have ads removed and am happy for the time being :)

Tim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.